Thailand faces lockdown if outbreak cannot be contained - PM

webfact

I am not hearing anything about the deal that thailand had with i think astrazeneca or one of those vaccine companies to develope it in thailand . How is it going with that ? Will thailand have vaccines soon or are they waiting till the ???? hits the fan . A little bit of ???? is already hitting it at the moment . 

6 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

Exactly. Let's face it, the only way these illegal immigrants are getting in is because its a money spinner for someone in uniform. Will they be accountable - most likely not! Didn't some doctor living out there recently post a photo of people crossing the border illegally? And the response from the Immigration police was to threaten her with defamation for making the immigration police look bad!? Whole thing is a circus. I said it before - corruption and greed is a cancer in Thailand. Surely this will be too much for the people of Thailand to accept!? Most likely they will just accept it as the norm though.

I doubt migrant workers from Myanmar have spare money to pay bribes.

12 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I am not hearing anything about the deal that thailand had with i think astrazeneca or one of those vaccine companies to develope it in thailand . How is it going with that ? Will thailand have vaccines soon or are they waiting till the ???? hits the fan . A little bit of ???? is already hitting it at the moment . 

Astra Zeneca said to be approved by UK 28 Dec,Thailand says it expects to start vaccinating around May I think.There is apparently quite a demand for it and since Thailand is doing so well without the vaccine it won't mind if other more needy countries go first which is very generous of them.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

We have been incredibly fortunate up to this moment, and while the lockdown we had earlier in the year was unpleasant, it was nowhere near as extreme as some countries have been facing.

I sincerely hope they can contain this outbreak, but am already getting stocks in, in case it goes badly.

Cancelling events to prevent travel is sad, but until we see where this is headed, probably the right move. The New Year family ensembles with millions moving around through the period also has the potential for disaster of course.

I totally agree! Lock down in the next few days will be our only way to conquer this beast once and for all. Too many Tavel home or elsewhere on New Year!

Lock Down Now!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Well, that wasn't expected at all....

Given that chances are high I will arrive in Thailand this weekend, what was the last lock down like? I remember there was a curfew, no nightlife, and random foreigners were busted throwing private parties - but were there more restrictions or could you at least go get food and supplies during the day?

We'll be in quarantine until mid-January anyway, but wondering what happens after...

....and no alcohol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Excel said:

And coincidently I suspect a new lockdown will start just prior to the planned protests due to start again in January.  

One reason why the Thais are so good in containing a global pandemic is bc they dont politisize this crisis but simply make decisions basrd on facts and science.

Protests? o come on gimme a break. A decade ago these red shirts were allowed to wreck the innercity for months.  There are no sinister plans to secretly ban these protests using clever plans like a covid lockdown!

Edited by herwin1234
speling misstakkes
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

It is not about you though. The real losers are the people who' will not be able work and therefore can't pay their bills and feed their children. Another lockdown will be catastrophic for many Thais. 

If a lockdown is inevitable, then the way to go should be a tier system like in the UK.  

Yes because the UK has been really successful with the tier system , sorry sarcasm lowest form of wit I know but tiers simply don't work in the UK as it isn't policed . A "colleague" is in tier 4 but travelling to work in tier 2 , doesn't need too as can wfh but no one stops him. Same with mask wearing , social distancing , anti vaccine groups (thankfully they weren't about in times of polio , smallpox etc)

May work in Thai however as here they are more likely to be compliant . If it can be made to work great as rightly you say it'll be catastrophic for many locals if they cannot work.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

It is not about you though. The real losers are the people who' will not be able work and therefore can't pay their bills and feed their children. Another lockdown will be catastrophic for many Thais. 

If a lockdown is inevitable, then the way to go should be a tier system like in the UK.  

Unfortunately after just leaving quarantine upon my return to Thailand from the UK I can state Tier systems do not work. People simply travel from area to area and totally ignore the restrictions where they live. There is little or no checking anywhere apart possibly in Wales where there are periodic road checks before the Seven bridge but far to few to make any difference. Total lockdown and restriction of movement with curfew works no matter how much everyone hates it... just saying

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sundown said:

They did not contain anything. They just don't test millions of people like in western countries. Testing millions of people with just 1% error rate of the PCR test returns hundred thousands false positives so there you go with the pandemic charade. It's the Bayes theorem . Most people believe that a paper panty on their face will save them from a deadly virus. So funny.

It doesn't seems so deadly if nobody can notice it without testing.

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

They are huddled together with the "masks don't help" and "virus is a hoax" folks trading conspiracy theories I suspect. 

I don't think there are many people thinking the virus is a hoax, most think the hype over this virus is a bit over the top.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Anton9 said:
32 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

They are huddled together with the "masks don't help" and "virus is a hoax" folks trading conspiracy theories I suspect. 

I don't think there are many people thinking the virus is a hoax, most think the hype over this virus is a bit over the top.

And, based on chatting with my small circle of friends, it's the younger ones that are most inclined to use the word hype and claim it's OTT. One chap opined that these vaccines are being wasted on the old people.

• Like 1