Will Thailand Relax Quarantine if You Have Had the Vaccine for Covid ?

I suppose I am living in hope as they estimate I will receive the vaccine in late February early March albeit no idea what the situation would be for my Thai partner and son ‘stuck’ here in the U.K. with me. I can’t see private vaccinations being available plus I am not sure the vaccine is suitable for young children ?

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I suppose I am living in hope as they estimate I will receive the vaccine in late February early March albeit no idea what the situation would be for my Thai partner and son ‘stuck’ here in the U.K. with me. I can’t see private vaccinations being available plus I am not sure the vaccine is suitable for young children ?

At least in the US, the vaccines have only been approved for those over 16.  I don't think they have done safety testing with younger children yet.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

2022 maybe! 

Yes I believe this.

Even if vaccinated there are reports that if a person gets the virus in their mouth or nose and expells it, they can transmit it to others.

So, until they get off their butts here and start to vaccinate people, probably a year or more before the rules are relaxed. ASQ should do a booming business for quite sometime

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

So if everyone was vaccinated we would still need quarantine ?

No, provided we can trust the vaccines and certificates.

However I'm sure there is a printing company somewhere in the World ready to create fake certificates. Also factories busy making fake vaccine.

Wherever there is demand and limited supply someone will exploit it to make money. 

Thailand is not in a situation to wait for this so it's highly likely they will open no matter the risk and remove quarantine as nobody will go there until this is gone..

Edited by Muzzique
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

2022, can Thailand afford to wait till then, Pattaya, Phuket, Chang Rai etc will be decimated by then ?

They are already decimated.  People have adjusted.  Businesses have already closed or changed their targets to domestic travelers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, TSF said:

I agree with ubonjoe. By June 2021 we should be seeing very positive results from the vaccines, and a relaxing of tough immigration regulations in Thailand and many other countries for vaccinated travelers. 

How do you arrive at that conclusion. 

"...very positive results from the vaccines....."

Talk about wishful thinking not to mention the logistics of roll out of vaccine. Even more so in Thailand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How do you arrive at that conclusion. 

"...very positive results from the vaccines....."

Talk about wishful thinking not to mention the logistics of roll out of vaccine. Even more so in Thailand.

Let’s be optimistic and look forward and not back to a return to some thing like normality.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Let’s be optimistic and look forward and not back to a return to some thing like normality.

There was talented music group named 'Blind Faith'. I don't subscribe to that.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-12-04/uk-coronavirus-rollout:-what-does-it-mean-for-australia/12946414

This link is just one of many that paint a more realistic view. Link is from ABC news Australia.

Yes we all hope for vaccine however it will take quite some time for widespread vaccinations

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There was talented music group named 'Blind Faith'. I don't subscribe to that.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-12-04/uk-coronavirus-rollout:-what-does-it-mean-for-australia/12946414

This link is just one of many that paint a more realistic view. Link is from ABC news Australia.

Yes we all hope for vaccine however it will take quite some time for widespread vaccinations

Of topic, I used to have  a cassette tape of Blind Faith the only album they ever recorded, probably would have been worth some money now.

• Like 1

Even if you are vaccinated, you could still carry Covid to Thailand.

When the majority of Thais are vaccinated, then they might open up.

If in 6 months the virus mutated so much that the current vaccines don't work anymore, then we are of course at zero again and the countries have to come up with a new plan.

Edited by jackdd

9 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

There will  be hardly coming any visitors from abroad until the quarantine rule is going to be scrapped. Why is Thailand so slow with buying up vaccines? Isn’t that more important than engineering space trips to the moon?

Because a certain few are making a good living from the quarantine rules, from airport workers, drivers, hotels and hospitals. If Thailand opened up some of those certain few might lose their jobs and the hotels cannot charge the inflated prices. Tourists would not make up the slack more so in a couple of months it’s low season again.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TSF said:

I agree with ubonjoe. By June 2021 we should be seeing very positive results from the vaccines, and a relaxing of tough immigration regulations in Thailand and many other countries for vaccinated travelers. 

Me too.

I was only thinking about this today - by my rough calculation, based on my age, I might get offered a vaccine here in UK about  March 2021. OTOH, who knows how fast it will actually go and whether there will be any obstacles along the way.

Hopefully (!) by that time there may be more accurate information regarding whether the vaccine makes one non-contagious or not.

Given the progress made so far, I am "cautiously optimistic"

• Haha 1

One question which needs to be answered is how would the individual declare they have been vaccinated? As far as I know those in the UK haven't received any form of certificate after the vaccination has been given and on the Global stage would such a thing be accepted anyway?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moobie said:

One question which needs to be answered is how would the individual declare they have been vaccinated? As far as I know those in the UK haven't received any form of certificate after the vaccination has been given and on the Global stage would such a thing be accepted anyway?

If countries start insisting a vaccination before entry I think a stamp in your Passport similar to a visa.

I cant believe that once there is an extensive available pool of vaccinated tourists, pressure will not be exerted on the Thai authorities to relax quarantine measures.  

Even though  vaccinated might be able to transmit the virus  (might is the operative word)  what  remains to be seen is how infexious they are. 

Another thing is, that the thai people will also start being vaccinated, also providing a smaller pool of available donors.  

At the very least a vaccinated person should not have to get Covid insurance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

I cant believe that once there is an extensive available pool of vaccinated tourists, pressure will not be exerted on the Thai authorities to relax quarantine measures.  

Even though  vaccinated might be able to transmit the virus  (might is the operative word)  what  remains to be seen is how infexious they are. 

Another thing is, that the thai people will also start being vaccinated, also providing a smaller pool of available donors.  

At the very least a vaccinated person should not have to get Covid insurance. 

As I mentioned before a few ‘organisations’ making plenty of money from quarantine, they won’t give it up easily.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yes but a hell of lot more are losing money. .

The tourism business in Thailand was $62 billion dollars industry last year. 

But the ones currently cashing in have the ‘influence’ to do so, you have money you have power and in Thailand the small percentage who own the wealth have the power..