What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Hey - anyone seen Temple S02E01 drop anywhere? Was supposed to be out over the weekend I think.

Think it's only just dropped so may take a day or two to arrive.

Or you can watch the whole series on SbS on Demand if you have a vpn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Think it's only just dropped so may take a day or two to arrive.

Or you can watch the whole series on SbS on Demand if you have a vpn.

Wow! I never saw the need for a VPN until recently - I paid out 2000B for 2 years for my new Apple TV, only to find I can't use it with the Apple TV. So have been capping stuff on the computer myself then watching them on the TV.

I use mine mostly for BBC News, but SbS is great! they even have a nordic section, I think there are some series on there that Im yet to find with subs - I think you mentioned one the other day, I need to skim back through the posts.

Any other places that VPN users should check?

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

SBS on demand is great.

They have the latest series of Penoza.

I've just started watching Algiers Confidential.

You might mean The Thin Blue Line.

I mentioned that a while ago.

Thanks @Will27 Never heard of SBS on demand before. I must lead a sheltered life. Will investigate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently binge watching the first 4 seasons of Penoza(Black Widow). It's a Dutch crime drama. I'm at the end of season 1 and it is pretty good so far. Well worth a look IMHO.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1674553/

Nice one, this series has been mentioned before - I have it downloaded and will make this my next series to watch.

i finally finished plastic sea (Már De Plastico) a Spanish murder whodunnit police drama, 12x 80 min episodes, the plot was rather convoluted - with needless on/off romances, pregnancies, betrayal, further murder attempts and a second sub plot about something that happened in the Afghan war. It was interesting enough (at times it reminded me of a Thai soap) but a bit of a chore to get through, I need a break before attempting the second series. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Nice one, this series has been mentioned before - I have it downloaded and will make this my next series to watch.

i finally finished plastic sea (Már De Plastico) a Spanish murder whodunnit police drama, 12x 80 min episodes, the plot was rather convoluted - with needless on/off romances, pregnancies, betrayal, further murder attempts and a second sub plot about something that happened in the Afghan war. It was interesting enough (at times it reminded me of a Thai soap) but a bit of a chore to get through, I need a break before attempting the second series. 

Thanks @recom273, I'll give Plastic Sea a miss

• Haha 1

Tv series - The Unlikely Murderer

Should be out today or tomorrow.

Summary: The assassination of Palme in 1986, Engström managed to elude justice right up to his death through a combination of audacity, luck, and a perplexed police force.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, mikebike said:

Hey - anyone seen Temple S02E01 drop anywhere? Was supposed to be out over the weekend I think.

EZTV usually have the TV programs out nearly as fast as Chaos----they have the first 3 episodes of Temple now........

5 hours ago, mikebike said:

Wow... those 3 are bigger and higher resolution than I was expecting...

I know --it seems to be the trend on a lot of sites now----- I look at some of the sizes and think---its just 40 min a TV program

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I know --it seems to be the trend on a lot of sites now----- I look at some of the sizes and think---its just 40 min a TV program

Decided to binge Game of Thrones again, at a higher resolution

110GB - but sound and picture very good quality.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

The Temple files are 4K files with a bitrate of 17 Mb/s .. that's a little high, 12-14Mb/s is a better target bitrate .. but you aren't going to save much space with the difference in bitrate.

Watched the movie, "Dangerous", starring Scott Eastwood and thought it was pretty good, not outstanding but suitable for an evenings entertainment.

You can definitely see Clint Eastwood's facial mannerisms in Scott, not surprising really. The movie also starred Mel Gibson in a kind of "semi-support" role and also Famke Janssen, whom I couldn't place until the credits.

Worth a look IMO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

The Day (2018)

The IMDb reviews on this are pretty amazing, it’s well bingeworthy - good camerawork, intense soundtrack, slow moving plot that follows a day of a bank heist / hostage situation. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6144672/

It was worth searching for this and finding this show.

De Dag is a 12-episode bank heist mystery drama (that unfolds over 24 hours, hence The Day) in which all odd episodes have the story from the police's perspective and the even ones from the criminal/hostage's perspective. To get everything that happened in a given time period, you'll have to watch two episodes. This format is used throughout the show and has been done so cleverly.

The acting was great. In a lot of scenes, the acting is done "off camera" and you only hear phone conversations, which can usually get boring, but they did a good job of making it sound interesting. The cinematography was really good. Great editing! Great music and sound effects as well.

While I really liked the method of storytelling, the writing faltered a bit, but I was okay with that because I wanted to know what was going on. Things unfolded on slowly, but I was okay with the pacing also. It's okay because it'll seem more realistic, unlike something outrageous that you're forced to believe and play along. There's nothing over the top and it feels like real-world police work.

This show is worth searching for the availability in your region, I wasn't let down at all, and I hope you won't be either.

Sounds good.

Where did you get it?

Yellowjackets season one from Showtime looks promising. Episode one on EzTV , 1337x

Showtime's survival drama stars Juliette Lewis, Melanie Lynskey, Christina Ricci, and Tawny Cypress as plane crash survivors with a sinister secret.

Lord of the Flies and Alive reminiscent

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

VENOM Let there be carnage, now available most places.

TS versions only available at the moment.

The DVD and Blu-ray release date is set for December 14, 2021 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes on November 23, 2021.

See here.

• Like 1