What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

TS versions only available at the moment.

The DVD and Blu-ray release date is set for December 14, 2021 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes on November 23, 2021.

See here.

Torrent Galaxy has HD Rip-Cinema 4, whatever that is. I think it is one of those Slots advertising movies. Thanks for pointing it out, I've deleted it and wait for a better copy.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 3:06 PM, recom273 said:

Narcos Mexico S03 has just appeared.

Happy to read that Narcos will (kind of) continue on as well:

”Shortly ahead of the season three release, Netflix announced the next project from the Narcos team: a limited series focused on Griselda Blanco, the Colombian drug queenpin who was one of the most powerful cocaine traffickers in the 1980s and a key figure in Miami’s drug wars, to be played by Sofia Vergara. Despite having Bernard, Newman and the rest of the Narcos creative team attached, however, Netflix stresses that the series is not a spinoff from its original drug cartel drama.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/narcos-mexico-final-season-3-netflix-2-1235042502/

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

”Shortly ahead of the season three release, Netflix announced the next project from the Narcos team: a limited series focused on Griselda Blanco, the Colombian drug queenpin who was one of the most powerful cocaine traffickers in the 1980s and a key figure in Miami’s drug wars, to be played by Sofia Vergara. Despite having Bernard, Newman and the rest of the Narcos creative team attached, however, Netflix stresses that the series is not a spinoff from its original drug cartel drama.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/narcos-mexico-final-season-3-netflix-2-1235042502/

There is also another series from the same team as Narcos - I downloaded it to watch, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. I think it was more about the life of a Mexican cop .. maybe I was dreaming. Maybe someone else knows.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

There is also another series from the same team as Narcos - I downloaded it to watch, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. I think it was more about the life of a Mexican cop .. maybe I was dreaming. Maybe someone else knows.

Distrito Salvaje (Wild District) ?

5 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I think so .. but I can’t join the dots, is it something to do with the Narcos team?

I caught another thing from Netflix today that I might be confusing the storyline with

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Guilt season 2 (2021)

Worth watching season 1 if you missed it, brothers Max and Jake run over and kill an old man while driving home after a few drinks at the pub. They make a snap decision to cover up the crime despite Max being a well connected lawyer but it all starts to go pear shape when neighbours and relatives start to have doubts about the way the old man died.

Season 2 focuses on Max, a couple of dead bodies, some corrupt council officials and some old friends. The story is complex as many characters appear initially only to find they are connected through the world of greed and revenge.

Available on iPlayer , fmovies and probably your regular source for d/l.

Season 1 was great. I watched season 2 but regret it.

14 hours ago, recom273 said:

13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

12 hours ago, recom273 said:

I think so .. but I can’t join the dots, is it something to do with the Narcos team?

I caught another thing from Netflix today that I might be confusing the storyline with

I think I recall a while back that someone posted saying Wild District was done by the people who created Narcos, but I can't remember who that poster was. Sorry.

• Like 1

Red Election----SBS AU---10 episodes all available.

A British MI5 agent's path collides with a Danish Secret Service agent's as international tensions rise and a foreign power seeks to influence an election.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Narcos Mexico........................S03

Is all out now...................

I had some problems with my TV and the Subs---it might just be me---but I found the best subs for it at https://wtfdetective.com/narcos-mexico-season-3-subtitles-english-subs-2/

they are zipped and when you unzip it just attaches to the whole season.

If you dont have an zipper then the best "Free" one is  7-zip   

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I had some problems with my TV and the Subs---it might just be me---but I found the best subs for it at https://wtfdetective.com/narcos-mexico-season-3-subtitles-english-subs-2/

they are zipped and when you unzip it just attaches to the whole season.

If you dont have an zipper then the best "Free" one is  7-zip   

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Yeah, the first release that came out was a bit hurried, it didn’t have forced subs - so you had English hard if hearing subs over the spoken English, the video was also glitching along too.

If you look for a series pack from “not the grinch” or whatever they call themselves these days - the files are suffixed - NTb - the subs and video are good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Red Election----SBS AU---10 episodes all available.

A British MI5 agent's path collides with a Danish Secret Service agent's as international tensions rise and a foreign power seeks to influence an election.

That one is dire,turned it off after 30 minutes. Seems like a Viaplay production is a sure sign of a dud

YMMV of course

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 10:39 PM, recom273 said:

The Day (2018)

The IMDb reviews on this are pretty amazing, it’s well bingeworthy - good camerawork, intense soundtrack, slow moving plot that follows a day of a bank heist / hostage situation. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6144672/

It was worth searching for this and finding this show.

De Dag is a 12-episode bank heist mystery drama (that unfolds over 24 hours, hence The Day) in which all odd episodes have the story from the police's perspective and the even ones from the criminal/hostage's perspective. To get everything that happened in a given time period, you'll have to watch two episodes. This format is used throughout the show and has been done so cleverly.

The acting was great. In a lot of scenes, the acting is done "off camera" and you only hear phone conversations, which can usually get boring, but they did a good job of making it sound interesting. The cinematography was really good. Great editing! Great music and sound effects as well.

While I really liked the method of storytelling, the writing faltered a bit, but I was okay with that because I wanted to know what was going on. Things unfolded on slowly, but I was okay with the pacing also. It's okay because it'll seem more realistic, unlike something outrageous that you're forced to believe and play along. There's nothing over the top and it feels like real-world police work.

This show is worth searching for the availability in your region, I wasn't let down at all, and I hope you won't be either.

Couldn't get past the huge yellow subs.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Lol - I had to go and check, I didn’t even notice .. I’m afraid you need to blame SBS for that.

it’s well worth sticking with.

I don't mind subs, but they were just too distracting and intrusive.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:08 AM, gargamon said:

It is really simple. Please try to understand and stop crying about it.

The Oscar's have implemented "quotas" of what types of people need to be involved in movies before they will be considered for awards. Likely there are similar rules for TV shows.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/yes-hollywood-has-created-diversity-quotas-oscars-168782

The requirements are extensive, though they can be achieved through a variety of means.

One lead or significant actor in the movie must be from a list of “underrepresented” racial or ethnic groups.

Or at least 30% of secondary actors must be from a list of “underrepresented” groups, including women, “LGBTQ+,” or disabled people.

Or the storyline of the movie must be about one of the listed underrepresented groups.

The requirements also include a diversity quota for department heads and technical jobs relating to the movie, and an “audience development” requirement, again geared toward that list of underrepresented groups.

LOL. The Oscars have always been a luvvie thing. When they gave one to Out of Africa I stopped taking them seriously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, TimBKK said:

Narcos 3 is in Spanish and I can't get CC.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The Oscars have always been a luvvie thing. When they gave one to Out of Africa I stopped taking them seriously.

I have hated the Oscars since I was a kid. Pretentious, irrelevant rubbish. Now politically correct, pretentious, irrelevant rubbish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There certainly seems to be a bit of poor quality stuff out there at the moment, and IMO this one is another one of them: – movie starring Bruce Willis, called "Apex", and it is dire.

He must have been paid all of $120 for his role and if you think it's going to be anything like his previous roles where he was quite energetic, think again, because he looked far older, in the way he moved, than his 66 years, and in fact the only "action scenes" he is in, is where he is walking in the forest.

If you want to save 90 minutes of your life, then don't watch this!

• Haha 1