What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The shrink next door 

Starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd should be fun , although going by the trailer maybe not so much, gets a 6.8 on IMDb.

Maybe not the usual humour we have come to expect from these two, looks more like a Woody Allen type of humour, I’ll give it a go.

Available on Apple TV , also fmovies.

I find it hard to "live" on a diet of crime, murder-mystery, true crime, mafia, gangs, drugs - Im busy trying to plan a house build in the daytime, finish work @ 8.30 pm, everyday and I just need to sit and watch something a little lighter. I gave the first one a-go, I don't know if this is comedy, but it's just quirky. I thought it was OK.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

I just need to sit and watch something a little lighter.

Had that same feeling a few weeks back...........so I downloaded, "Love Actually" and although I had seen it before, I thoroughly enjoyed it and it brightened up my evening.

• Like 1

Will Ferrell has had an up and down career that is for sure and I think this “ Shrink “ series is definitely on the low side.

But, I liked some his stuff:

Anchorman 1 & 2

Blades of Glory 

The Campaign 
Step Brothers 

Talladega Nights

Elf

Old School 

imho are all watchable, but I can understand if you don’t care for the guy then he is hard to watch, i am the same with Adam Sandler.

I'm currently binge watching Inspector Morse, which is a UK crime drama.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092379/

I'm up to season 5 (of 8) so far. The episodes are around 105 minutes each, which is quite a bit longer than my preferred length of 45-60 minutes.  It's good but not as good as Endeavour, which portrays Morse's early days.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2701582/

• Like 1

Tareena Returns from ISIS.

RARBG.

Her story has more holes than Swiss cheese.

She got off lightly IMO.

Summary: Filmed over three years, this is the extraordinary account of the journey British ISIS returnee Tareena Shakil took to ISIS-held territory, why she went and how she escaped.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Gave up after 20 minutes ............. just not interesting.

I made the mistake of watching it to the end - in the hope it would get better. What a waste of time... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, jaiyenyen said:

That's it for season one. Only three episodes. Season two is out now, that has six episodes.

I'm happy you like it.

Re: "The Cockfields":

any streaming or torrent sites have Season 2?

I can't find it.

Edited by JimmyJ

If you like to watch holocaust  and/or World War 2 themed content, this Israeli documentary is very unique and wonderfully done. Who knew about Fredy before?

Dear Fredy (2017) - IMDb

This trailer doesn't do the film justice and unfortunately it is NOT available at the usual places.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Undercover Underage

On Lime.

Summary: "Undercover Underage" follows Connecticut's Roo Powell and her nonprofit "Safe from Online Sex Abuse" as they identify and gather evidence. Norwalk Investigator Mark Suda is a consultant on the show, working with Powell and her team about the legal ramifications of their efforts.

I watched "No Time to Die" 2 nights ago, there is a decent copy on the internet already. Very different from most of its predecessors, but if you like Daniel Craig, as I do, you will enjoy the 2 hours 45 mins of his swansong. A couple of big surprises along the way.

Edited by delgarcon
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, delgarcon said:

I watched "No Time to Die" 2 nights ago, there is a decent copy on the internet already. Very different from most of its predecessors, but if you like Daniel Craig, as I do, you will enjoy the 2 hours 45 mins of his swansong. A couple of big surprises along the way.

Watched it last week. I do like Daniel Craig, but I thought the movie was average compared to his other efforts as 007, which IMHO were all better.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This trailer doesn't do the film justice and unfortunately it is NOT available at the usual places.

Did you ever watch " A serious Man"... I thought it was a classic Coen Brothers, and was surprised at some of the low ratings. Their movies always seem to pose the same question---Why do bad things happen to good people"

Helped me understand a little better a lunatic Jewish friend I had in Oz.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:29 AM, giddyup said:

Where?

Hidden Assets

I searched around & I am at a lost why it hasn't been picked up by one of the usual mob, I think the best thing we can do is drop a note  to Spud or one of the other Pirate mob and asked them to upload it.   If a few people do this they will probably run with it.

*Note---when I look at the acclaims for it , someone had wrote --:

Hidden Assets--The One We've Been Waiting For
Ever since Love/Hate we've been waiting for a gripping Irish Crime series to come along and here it is.
Right away you get sucked into the storyline and get caught up in the action.
The acting is first class from all
---------------------

So I went looking for Love/Hate...its another Irish Drug story, over 10 years old but still on Pirates.... I have been away so haven't watched it yet, its about a younger set of drug Dealers so maybe not what your looking for.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Did you ever watch " A serious Man"... I thought it was a classic Coen Brothers, and was surprised at some of the low ratings. Their movies always seem to pose the same question---Why do bad things happen to good people"

Helped me understand a little better a lunatic Jewish friend I had in Oz.

I think I missed that one. Thanks.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/a-serious-man-2009

10 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Hidden Assets

I searched around & I am at a lost why it hasn't been picked up by one of the usual mob, I think the best thing we can do is drop a note  to Spud or one of the other Pirate mob and asked them to upload it.   If a few people do this they will probably run with it.

*Note---when I look at the acclaims for it , someone had wrote --:

Hidden Assets--The One We've Been Waiting For
Ever since Love/Hate we've been waiting for a gripping Irish Crime series to come along and here it is.
Right away you get sucked into the storyline and get caught up in the action.
The acting is first class from all
---------------------

So I went looking for Love/Hate...its another Irish Drug story, over 10 years old but still on Pirates.... I have been away so haven't watched it yet, its about a younger set of drug Dealers so maybe not what your looking for.

Love Hate is sensational.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1