What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I gave it away because the subs are too big and bright yellow.

Really?

I didn't even notice it until you brought it up the first time TBH.

I've watched the first 2 episodes and it's really good.

Quite different.

• Haha 1

Just now, Will27 said:

Really?

I didn't even notice it until you brought it up the first time TBH.

I've watched the first 2 episodes and it's really good.

Quite different.

Not sure how you could miss it, but it ruined it for me.

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watching an older series that i missed years ago Scott and Bailey,two female detectives ,really enjoying it

That was a good series Bert---there are a lot that came out of Manchester --- I like Lesley Sharp (The Blond) she always seems to act like she has just taken a load of Valium. If you can get hold of it--- She done a series before that called "Afterlife"  it was outstanding , 2 series 14 episodes . IMDB gave it an 8 at the time----for once I agreed with them. Wont be easy to find.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435937/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_31

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

That was a good series Bert---there are a lot that came out of Manchester --- I like Lesley Sharp (The Blond) she always seems to act like she has just taken a load of Valium. If you can get hold of it--- She done a series before that called "Afterlife"  it was outstanding , 2 series 14 episodes . IMDB gave it an 8 at the time----for once I agreed with them. Wont be easy to find.

I loved the series afterlife ,saw it years ago ,just finished the Chestnut man , very good really enjoyed it ,watched it with subtitles ,thanks for whoever recomended it ,

by the way afterlife is on P.B . JUST DOWNLOADED SERIES 1 TOOK 8 MINUTES . going to rewatch it

Edited by ivor bigun
  • Thanks 1

Recommended by someone on here:-

"Clarksons Farm"  8 Part  TV series

Follow Jeremy Clarkson as he attempts to run a farm in the countryside.

Interesting and funny series. Clarkson has a huge farm and he really gets stuck into trying to make a go of it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10541088/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Also:-

"Richard Hammonds Workshop"  5 Part TV Series

Richard Hammond is also having a go at doing a business. Not as entertaining as Clarkson but still very watchable.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14906022/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Edited by Daffy D
Punctuation

Oooh! I have no time to be picky! just to much work all the time. I have to admit that I am guilty to look at the worst and most lame and easy stuff around. What about NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, NCIS Hawaii, FBI, Shetland and so on. Yeah, yeah, I know you would laugh, but it´s really good after 5-6 beers. You should try. I dare you!

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

but it´s really good after 5-6 beers

I break my shows into 3 categories.

Those I need to be clear headed, as in they are somewhat complex and you need to be able to follow. eg: WestWorld, Game of Thrones, Spooks, etc.

Those I need to have a few drinks. If I'm sober they are just not watchable. eg: Doc Martin, etc.

Those where a puff or two is needed. These are generally watchable in the other two states but are much more enjoyable in this state. eg: Schitz Creek, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Just for Laughs Gags, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Series 1 on the bay...Red Baron 1.97gb.....:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Just watching a 3 part series The Tower about  a cop and a girl that fall from a tower block,good story so far ,of course it ticks the boxes the chief female detective is a  lesbian with an ex who has a baby ,plenty of black and asian officers and by the looks a baddy white cop .

All boxes ticked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I watched it last night and for me it was a very average movie with nothing to keep me riveted to the screen, although I did watch it through to the end.

I started watching it last night also----got into 1 hour then had to give up .....just the usual, 150 men against 007--what sort of chance do  150 men stand.

Might as well be watching another Marvel Comic guy.

9 out of 10 for the Pyrotechnics................................:coffee1:

13 hours ago, gargamon said:

I break my shows into 3 categories.

Those where a puff or two is needed. These are generally watchable in the other two states but are much more enjoyable in this state. eg: Schitz Creek, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Just for Laughs Gags, etc.

Another one for you .. South Side, I just noticed S02 just started - I don't know why I watch Brooklyn nine-nine, I stopped smoking years ago, total <deleted>, but I never miss an episode.

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Talking about re-runs Ivor--I just downloaded "Sexy Beast" again---must have been in the top 10 movies for years---Ray Winstone---Ben Kingsley--Ian McShane

And a Bank to rob----great movie.

Agree - Masterpiece.

The best Ray Winstone, Ben Kingsley, and Ian ("IF I gave a f k") McShane ever.

Entire cast brilliant.

(Don't like Winstone or Kingsley otherwise).

Great script.

Winstone's sexy wife terrific.

I read that the restaurant scene was the 1st 

scene filmed - Part of the film's excellence as the 2 couples seem to have known each other for years.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

Instead of downloading torrents I started using hurawatch.ru which has a huge library and streams the shows.

But now I've encountered 2 shows I want to see more of and they only have bits and pieces of these.

It's been very pleasant though not to have to deal with torrenting, so can anyone recommend some more sites which have film/TV libraries from which one can stream rather than download?

31 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Instead of downloading torrents I started using hurawatch.ru which has a huge library and streams the shows.

But now I've encountered 2 shows I want to see more of and they only have bits and pieces of these.

It's been very pleasant though not to have to deal with torrenting, so can anyone recommend some more sites which have film/TV libraries from which one can stream rather than download?

SBS on Demand if you have a vpn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Thanks.

Unfortunately  just did 2 searches and it didn't have either.

Looking for "The Cockfields" - thanks to whoever mentioned it recently.

Hurawatch has the 1st 3 episodes of Season One only - the 1st 2 are very funny.

Also looking for "90 Day Fiance" - started catching this reality show on the local cable package and got hooked - Hurawatch only has Seasons 1/2/3/8.

Many on imdb despise this show which several accurately called "watching a train wreck" - part of the interest.

I would also like to recommend "Vikings" - Canadian/Irish co-production miniseries.

Thanks to Spidermike for mentioning it.

Was glad to find I disagree with most imdb posters who feel it's downhill after the 1st 3 seasons.

I watched all 6.

The 1st half of season 6 is awful - the worst male child actor of all time, and 1 of the female leads who's been very solid previously is not good although much is the script's fault.

But interesting once through that dreck.

Very solid series which kept my interest for I believe 96  45-minute episodes.

Some excellent actors, costumes, facial tatoos and definitely haircuts (e.g., Harald and his brother in all of those categories).

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Thanks.

Unfortunately  just did 2 searches and it didn't have either.

Looking for "The Cockfields" - thanks to whoever mentioned it recently.

Hurawatch has the 1st 3 episodes of Season One only - the 1st 2 are very funny.

Also looking for "90 Day Fiance" - started catching this reality show on the local cable package and got hooked - Hurawatch only has Seasons 1/2/3/8.

Many on imdb despise this show which several accurately called "watching a train wreck" - part of the interest.

TVF posters may find it especially interesting as it's all cross cultural relationships plus some older/younger couples as well.

I would also like to recommend "Vikings" - Canadian/Irish co-production miniseries.

Thanks to Spidermike for mentioning it.

Was glad to find I disagree with most imdb posters who feel it's downhill after the 1st 3 seasons.

I watched all 6.

The 1st half of season 6 is awful - the worst male child actor of all time, and 1 of the female leads who's been very solid previously is not good although much is the script's fault.

But interesting once through that dreck.

Very solid series which kept my interest for I believe 96 45 - minute episodes.

Some excellent actors, costumes, facial tatoos and definitely haircuts (e.g., Harald and his brother in all of those categories).

Does anyone have other sites with free streaming libraries?

Titane (2021)

"A young man with a bruised face is picked up by airport customs officers. He claims to be Adriane Legrand, who disappeared as a child ten years ago. For Adriene’s father Vincent, a long nightmare has finally come to its end, and he takes the young man home. At the same time, a series of gruesome murders is ravaging the area..."

Some reviews say that audience members of 15-20 at a time are fainting or having panic attacks while watching it in cinemas. 

Personally I thought it was a load of %&*@# just like that 'Squid Games' series. 

• Haha 1