What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

6 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Thanks.

Unfortunately  just did 2 searches and it didn't have either.

Looking for "The Cockfields" - thanks to whoever mentioned it recently.

Hurawatch has the 1st 3 episodes of Season One only - the 1st 2 are very funny.

Also looking for "90 Day Fiance" - started catching this reality show on the local cable package and got hooked - Hurawatch only has Seasons 1/2/3/8.

Many on imdb despise this show which several accurately called "watching a train wreck" - part of the interest.

TVF posters may find it especially interesting as it's all cross cultural relationships plus some older/younger couples as well.

I would also like to recommend "Vikings" - Canadian/Irish co-production miniseries.

Thanks to Spidermike for mentioning it.

Was glad to find I disagree with most imdb posters who feel it's downhill after the 1st 3 seasons.

I watched all 6.

The 1st half of season 6 is awful - the worst male child actor of all time, and 1 of the female leads who's been very solid previously is not good although much is the script's fault.

But interesting once through that dreck.

Very solid series which kept my interest for I believe 96 45 - minute episodes.

Some excellent actors, costumes, facial tatoos and definitely haircuts (e.g., Harald and his brother in all of those categories).

Does anyone have other sites with free streaming libraries?

@JimmyJ I agree with you about the Vikings. I enjoyed all of the seasons.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 6:37 PM, sanuk711 said:

That was a good series Bert---there are a lot that came out of Manchester --- I like Lesley Sharp (The Blond) she always seems to act like she has just taken a load of Valium. If you can get hold of it--- She done a series before that called "Afterlife"  it was outstanding , 2 series 14 episodes . IMDB gave it an 8 at the time----for once I agreed with them. Wont be easy to find.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435937/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_31

Found on 1337x - 1 seeder but speed good - Afterlife 2005

S01 S02

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Looking for "The Cockfields" - thanks to whoever mentioned it recently.

Hurawatch has the 1st 3 episodes of Season One only - the 1st 2 are very funny.

That's it for season one. Only three episodes. Season two is out now, that has six episodes.

I'm happy you like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:32 PM, Daffy D said:

"Clarksons Farm"  8 Part  TV series

Follow Jeremy Clarkson as he attempts to run a farm in the countryside.

And following the Top Gear theme

James May Our Man in Japan (2020)

James Mays Man Lab

James Mays Toy Stories

• Like 1

Another very good detective series is Broadchurch with David Tennant and Olivia Coleman. Re watching this one as well

On 11/11/2021 at 11:03 AM, Will27 said:

You're nothing if not predictable.

Makes me think why you bother watching at all TBH.

I'm pretty sure you know what you're going to get.

Maybe you should watch the series Roots.

You can watch it back to front so it has a happy ending for you.

I am as predictable as todays tv ,actually it is a good 3 parter,what i dont understand is why virtually every tv series these days has to tick the " woke" boxes why cant they just have ordinary people in them like 99% of the population are? 

I have been a Countdown fan from the start with Richard Whitely & Carol. Thought Des O'Connor was brilliant, Rachel was gorgeous, Nick Hewer was so dry & witty.

BUT NOW...Anne Robinson, what an old bat. And Rachel has lost her charms a bit. Only Susie Dent worth watching now. 

So I don't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

You will find it under The Morning Show

Thanks Will27----nothing like a name change to throw you off....

So apparently they changed the name in Oz to give it more appeal...................Oh well , it doesn't look like the sort I usually watch....I'll give it an episode or 3

Thanks again

• Thanks 1

7 Prisoners

Didn't mind this one.
Subbed or dubbed on RARBG.

Summary: To provide a better life for his family in the country, 18-year-old Mateus accepts a job in a junkyard in São Paulo for his new boss, Luca but becomes trapped in the dangerous world of human trafficking.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 1:59 AM, recom273 said:

Another one for you .. South Side, I just noticed S02 just started - I don't know why I watch Brooklyn nine-nine, I stopped smoking years ago, total <deleted>, but I never miss an episode.

Thanks for that. I've DL'd the first season and the available first 3 episodes of season 2. Next time I take a puff I'll give it a go. With Brooklyn nine-nine and schitz creek both finished, this one will fill the void.

On 11/11/2021 at 5:49 PM, bert bloggs said:

I am as predictable as todays tv ,actually it is a good 3 parter,what i dont understand is why virtually every tv series these days has to tick the " woke" boxes why cant they just have ordinary people in them like 99% of the population are? 

because they are made by woke people?

• Like 1

Mayor of Kingstown-----10 episodes

Just released-- I haven't seen it yet, so someone can tell me how bad it is---

-- Created by same people who do "YellowStone" 

Trivia --Kingston, Ontario, is known for having multiple jails in and around the city.

"The McLusky family are power brokers tackling themes of systemic racism, corruption and inequality in Kingstown, Michigan--where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry."

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

Hidden Assets--- Just watched the second episode of this Crime thriller---- Its a good watch. well acted/ good plot IMO.

Starts with Raid by the Irish C.A.B. (Criminal Assets Bureau)  A feared dept that can strip you of all the assets obtained through crime .

7 episodes but-only 1 a week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Mayor of Kingstown-----10 episodes

Just released-- I haven't seen it yet, so someone can tell me how bad it is---

-- Created by same people who do "YellowStone" 

Trivia --Kingston, Ontario, is known for having multiple jails in and around the city.

"The McLusky family are power brokers tackling themes of systemic racism, corruption and inequality in Kingstown, Michigan--where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry."

I just watched episode 1, which was OK, but what was strange was that it showed a flashback from a previous episode. Not sure how this was possible if this was episode 1.

52 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Hidden Assets--- Just watched the second episode of this Crime thriller---- Its a good watch. well acted/ good plot IMO.

Starts with Raid by the Irish C.A.B. (Criminal Assets Bureau)  A feared dept that can strip you of all the assets obtained through crime .

7 episodes but-only 1 a week.

Where?

The shrink next door 

Starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd should be fun , although going by the trailer maybe not so much, gets a 6.8 on IMDb.

Maybe not the usual humour we have come to expect from these two, looks more like a Woody Allen type of humour, I’ll give it a go.

Available on Apple TV , also fmovies.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The shrink next door 

Starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd should be fun , although going by the trailer maybe not so much, gets a 6.8 on IMDb.

Maybe not the usual humour we have come to expect from these two, looks more like a Woody Allen type of humour, I’ll give it a go.

Available on Apple TV , also fmovies.

Tried it, but gave it away after 15 minutes. Not really that funny.

8 hours ago, userabcd said:

New BBC TV series named "Time" starring Sean Bean.

Only a 3 part series but very good.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Been out a while, but it is good.

I canee find it in the usual places....any help pointing me in the right direction please?