What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

41 minutes ago, xylophone said:

There certainly seems to be a bit of poor quality stuff out there at the moment, and IMO this one is another one of them: – movie starring Bruce Willis, called "Apex", and it is dire.

He must have been paid all of $120 for his role and if you think it's going to be anything like his previous roles where he was quite energetic, think again, because he looked far older, in the way he moved, than his 66 years, and in fact the only "action scenes" he is in, is where he is walking in the forest.

If you want to save 90 minutes of your life, then don't watch this!

He's gone the way of other once A list actors, he'll take anything that he's offered, no matter how trashy.. He's worth $250 Million, so why he needs the bucks beats me.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, xylophone said:

There certainly seems to be a bit of poor quality stuff out there at the moment, and IMO this one is another one of them: – movie starring Bruce Willis, called "Apex", and it is dire.

He must have been paid all of $120 for his role and if you think it's going to be anything like his previous roles where he was quite energetic, think again, because he looked far older, in the way he moved, than his 66 years, and in fact the only "action scenes" he is in, is where he is walking in the forest.

If you want to save 90 minutes of your life, then don't watch this!

I'm a lot more selective with the movies I watch these days.

You can generally get a pretty good idea by the reviews.

I generally don't touch movies that don't get at least a 7.5 in IMDB or a good review on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Yellowstone   series   4  2 episodes out now.

regards worgeordie

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I don't know Yellowstone,  only the Yellowstone Park in the US.

I do know a talking horse though  !   his name is Mr Ed

There is a TV series called  Yellowstone. This forum is about TV and Cinema. Perhaps that might help you understand we are not discussing parks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

I don't know Yellowstone,  only the Yellowstone Park in the US.

I do know a talking horse though  !   his name is Mr Ed

Not very funny , maybe use Google , or do you not know that either ....

regards worgeordie

Hidden Assets---7 episodes Ireland

Hidden Assets is about family, power and the corrosive effects of boundless greed - a story set in Co Clare, small town Ireland and the world's diamond capital, Antwerp.

A determined, self-made woman hires a down and out ex-cop to help her retrieve the money her unfaithful husband has disappeared with, but soon finds she is not the only one he has deceived.

-----------------------------------------

I have not seen this--but they (IMDB) are giving it a 9.1 --trailer not available

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15813014/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Hidden Assets---7 episodes Ireland

Hidden Assets is about family, power and the corrosive effects of boundless greed - a story set in Co Clare, small town Ireland and the world's diamond capital, Antwerp.

A determined, self-made woman hires a down and out ex-cop to help her retrieve the money her unfaithful husband has disappeared with, but soon finds she is not the only one he has deceived.

-----------------------------------------

I have not seen this--but they (IMDB) are giving it a 9.1 --trailer not available

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15813014/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Do you know where it's available?

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Do you know where it's available?

I got it from Chaos Will27---- usually its available a day or so latter everywhere--

Watched the first episode last night--and its good ---good plot good acting---pity its a once a week job............................:omfg:

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, giddyup said:

FINCH starring Tom Hanks, a robot called Jeff and a dog named Goodyear. I really enjoyed this, if your eyes don't get moist at the end, you have no heart.

Thanks for the recommendation and I watched it last night, and also thought it was good......and it seems I do have a heart!!!!

I also watched the docudrama called, "Soaked in Bleach" and thought it very intriguing.

For me there were too many discrepancies in the police report and work, and some things just didn't seem to fit, and when it was disclosed that the chief of police was found guilty of theft/accepting bribes and fired a little later, that also added to the confusion, as well as the purportedly shoddy police work.

One thing that I couldn't come to terms with was the description by the first medic on the scene with regards to the wound............but I don't want to spoil it for anybody who wants to watch it, so give it a go.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, seedy said:

BE aware of De Dag - The Day

Copy from Spud17 has the subs high enuf on the screen so you can read the bottom line.

The other copy does not

I gave it away because the subs are too big and bright yellow.