What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 12/5/2021 at 11:31 AM, Daffy D said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, "The Rescue" the long awaited cave rescue has appeared.

Available with subs on RARBG:-

The Rescue  - 2021 - IMDB Rating 8.3

A chronicle of the enthralling, against-all-odds story that transfixed the world in 2018: the daring rescue of twelve boys and their coach from deep inside a flooded cave in Northern Thailand.

Haven't watched it myself yet, but interesting subject and a  8.3 rating it should be quite watchable ????

761639522_TheRescue!.jpg.1ac81ec0f57441ebb26656c9d50e0fe7.jpg

Just finished watching this doc, excellent coverage and very gripping.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Daffy D said:

"The Rescue"

Interesting point that in the documentary was quickly passed over.

After all the options had been considered, the British team decided the only way to get the boys out was to drug and dive them out, so they wouldn't panic and drown, someone casually mentioned to the team leader that this had better work or they would be in serious trouble with the Thai judiciary.

The response from the team leader was that secret arrangements were in place that if things did go wrong the team would be whisked off to somewhere safe and out of the country ASAP.

:shock1:

Yep I reckon they would have been taken out via the Yingluck/Boss Highway lol!

On 11/30/2021 at 9:46 PM, Will27 said:

The commercials are annoying but not that bad.

If something isn't available for download, like Manayek, like mentioned above, it's a small price to pay.

I like a lot of foreign shows that have subs and these aren't always available on torrent websites.

Watched the first two episodes of Manayek on SBS and no commercials appeared at all. I am not using the standard SBS app though.

3 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Using the SBS addon on Kodi.

Do you get the OTT yellow subs.

I started to watch chaos / catacombs / katacombs last night and I got to agree with giddy, when the show isn’t engaging then the size and colour of the subs, coupled with the low bitrate / blocky artifacts are a bit off putting. It’s still one of the only places to see some pretty special shows tho’

Is anyone into The Expanse ? I didn’t expect to see another season but it’s back.

• Like 1

Vienna Blood---Season 2 --Crime BBC2  10 December 2021 ------3 episodes----TVChaosUK

Max Liebermann, a student of Sigmund Freud, helps Detective Rheinhardt in the investigation of a series of disturbing murders around the grand cafes and opera houses of 1900s Vienna.

The acting is good-- the pace a little slow. I think its gets an 8 on IMDB---first season came out end of 2019--and you can still get it around. Separate stories so it doesn't matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Vienna Blood---Season 2 --Crime BBC2  10 December 2021 ------3 episodes----TVChaosUK

Max Liebermann, a student of Sigmund Freud, helps Detective Rheinhardt in the investigation of a series of disturbing murders around the grand cafes and opera houses of 1900s Vienna.

The acting is good-- the pace a little slow. I think its gets an 8 on IMDB---first season came out end of 2019--and you can still get it around. Separate stories so it doesn't matter.

Just saw season 2 was on chaos ,so downloaded s 1 to see if its ok ,will watch an episode today to see. Chaos is a great site .

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

Do you get the OTT yellow subs.

I started to watch chaos / catacombs / katacombs last night and I got to agree with giddy, when the show isn’t engaging then the size and colour of the subs, coupled with the low bitrate / blocky artifacts are a bit off putting. It’s still one of the only places to see some pretty special shows tho’

Is anyone into The Expanse ? I didn’t expect to see another season but it’s back.

I do get the yellow subs but they don't worry me. I am happy to watch the content with no advertisements.

I do get the yellow subs but they don't worry me. I am happy to watch the content with no advertisements.

Edited by tlcwaterfall
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, ThaiFelix said:

Just finished watching this doc, excellent coverage and very gripping.

Totally agree with your post, and I was so enthralled with it that I emailed my friends in the UK, NZ and Oz, saying that they had to watch it, because it was one of the best "movies" I'd seen in a long time.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 7:51 PM, sanuk711 said:

Landscapers---HBO + Sky 4 parts--Starts Tomorrow---TVChaosUK

I dont know if this is any good---I just found it surprising that HBO paid so much for the story-(that was written by one of the murders) then placed such well known actors  to play the parts. The Crime didn't rate that highly in the UK at the time.

Sky and HBO drama Landscapers stars Oscar winner Olivia Colman and David Thewlis as Susan and Chris Edwards respectively – a real-life couple accused of double murder.

A very poor show. Flash backs into cowboy drama fantasy sequences. His role is marred by his role in Fargo. All in all disappointing.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, sanuk711 said:

You Don't Know Me---- BBC1 Crime 5/Dec----4 episodes 2 today---2 next week ...................................... TVCHAOSUK

I have just watched the first episode---a lot of it will take place in court----

*** ????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hero, a young man from south London, is in the dock for murder.
The prosecution barrister relates damning evidence to him in the closing speech. Hero decides he wants to tell his own story, rather than the version that his barrister decided was in his best interests, and exercises his right to present his own closing speech.
He fires his barrister and tells the jury that he is innocent, sharing a very different sequence of events that placed a law-abiding car salesman in the frame for murder

Yeah it's good

On 12/5/2021 at 7:51 PM, sanuk711 said:

Landscapers---HBO + Sky 4 parts--Starts Tomorrow---TVChaosUK

I dont know if this is any good---I just found it surprising that HBO paid so much for the story-(that was written by one of the murders) then placed such well known actors  to play the parts. The Crime didn't rate that highly in the UK at the time.

Sky and HBO drama Landscapers stars Oscar winner Olivia Colman and David Thewlis as Susan and Chris Edwards respectively – a real-life couple accused of double murder.

Very poor. Daft cowboy flashbacks. Muddled narrative. Poor casting of husband

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:28 AM, Jingthing said:

BBC Scotland's

Wha's Like Us

Everything you ever wanted to know about Scotland's depiction in movies but were afraid to ask.

Plus the Simpsons:

So much more than Braveheart.

Scots might know most of the scads of movies (from very old to more recent) mentioned in this show, but I only knew a small number.

Based on the clips, many looked very intriguing and I don't think you need to be a Scotsman to like them.

Some random examples:

whisky galore

• Like 1

"Invasion", an Sci-Fi series just finished season 1. Not that great, IMO. The Japanese story line was the best.

"The Wheel of Time" is halfway through the season 1. Quite good fantasy series. The original books span 12 titles, each over 600 pages, I'm told. How they're gonna translate that to a working story in a TV series is a mystery... Nevertheless, thus far it's enjoyable to watch.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes that is referenced a lot in that bbc show.

Ealing was the Hollywood of Britain and their comedies with documentary overtones were a genre themselves overseen by by Michael Balcombe.

There is a new Scottish police drama Crime set in Edinburgh

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Thanks 1