What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

This is from a few years ago. Just noticed it on Netflix. It has one season (Part 1) but I think there is a second season (Part 2) ? Well, so far it's not bad. Something like an origins of rap and turntable mixing story from run down NYC  1977.

Vera-----

Just reading up on it guys--and only 2 of the 6 episodes being shown this year---so stop hunting.    Covid means the other 4 in 2022

BBC--The upcoming series, which will see Vera take on another set of cases, is being split into two halves, with two episodes airing in 2021 and the remaining four episodes arriving on ITV in 2022.

Speaking about the 2022 episodes, Blethyn said that fans can expect to see “some lovely seaside locations” and hinted at some of the storylines to come.

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

This is from a few years ago. Just noticed it on Netflix. It has one season (Part 1) but I think there is a second season (Part 2) ? Well, so far it's not bad. Something like an origins of rap and turntable mixing story from run down NYC  1977.

The Get Down was cancelled after Season 1 (11 episodes ) ☹.  I also enjoyed this a lot.

P.S. It looks like Thai Netflix has first 6 episodes streaming so there is 5 more episodes after that.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4592410/episodes

Stephen

New UK 3 part series.
Episode one is available RARBG.

Summary: The story of the ongoing struggle by Doreen and Neville Lawrence to achieve justice and how a detective, DCI Clive Driscoll - working closely with the Lawrences - puts together an investigation that finally - more than 18 years after his death - secures the convictions of two of the gang who committed the murder of Stephen.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Stephen

New UK 3 part series.

That's getting great write ups in the UK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vigil        BBC1  Crime thriller...

Just watched the first episode--its good many actors you know-- (the guy from Line duty/Time etc}

Also watched Vera---great acting as always.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

That's getting great write ups in the UK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vigil        BBC1  Crime thriller...

Just watched the first episode--its good many actors you know-- (the guy from Line duty/Time etc}

Also watched Vera---great acting as always.

Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of Vigil, thought the acting was horrible and story totally unbelievable. Wow! Never realised there was so much room in a sub.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Stephen

New UK 3 part series.

Summary: The story of the ongoing struggle by Doreen and Neville Lawrence to achieve justice and how a detective, DCI Clive Driscoll - working closely with the Lawrences - puts together an investigation that finally - more than 18 years after his death - secures the convictions of two of the gang who committed the murder of Stephen.

All 3 episodes available on Torrent Galaxy and probably elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of Vigil, thought the acting was horrible and story totally unbelievable. Wow! Never realised there was so much room in a sub.

10 minutes really isn't giving it a go mate...... ????........but I guess difference of opinions is why we get so many TV channels....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Anybody have any idea when programs like these will be coming back ?

Would I Lie to You 

Have I Got a Bit More News for You 

Mock The Week 

Need to get some quality British humor back to cheer things up a bit.

After summer?

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Got through about 10 minutes of this woke rubbish, black commander of a nuclear sub in the navy? would be nice but it's a lie, BBC pushing their diversity agenda again. When the cops turn up you know it's going to be a woman in charge with an Asian sidekick. Why can't the BBC represent the countries ethnic make up fairly? Just wait there will be a female admiral in it, although there was not one when this was filmed.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 11:30 AM, delgarcon said:

Love Jeremy Clarkson or hate him, I urge anyone who has not watched Clarkson's Farm to do so. This series is Pure Gold and gives us a great insight into the trials and tribulations of farming and to the man himself.Good fun along the way!

Yes i enjoyed it and Jeremy says he is the happiest hehas ever been on the farm.

Can't wait for season 2.

I used to live very near his farm in a previous life 18 years ago .beautiful area.

Right off to get some cow juice.

Edited by kwak250
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Got through about 10 minutes of this woke rubbish, black commander of a nuclear sub in the navy? would be nice but it's a lie, BBC pushing their diversity agenda again. When the cops turn up you know it's going to be a woman in charge with an Asian sidekick. Why can't the BBC represent the countries ethnic make up fairly? Just wait there will be a female admiral in it, although there was not one when this was filmed.

Dont forget the female detective is also a lesbian now,i agree complete woke rubbish

• Like 1

Beyond The Towers

New Aussie 4 part series.
Enjoyed episode 1.

RARBG

Summary: Mass murder in New York and Washington by the Al Qaeda terrorist group, led by Osama bin Laden, propelled the United States and its allies, including Australia, into a 20 year war in Afghanistan which they could not win.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Beyond The Towers

New Aussie 4 part series.
Enjoyed episode 1.

RARBG

Summary: Mass murder in New York and Washington by the Al Qaeda terrorist group, led by Osama bin Laden, propelled the United States and its allies, including Australia, into a 20 year war in Afghanistan which they could not win.

just the fact Blair is in it ,makes sure i will not watch it .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

just the fact Blair is in it ,makes sure i will not watch it .

I saw that ---- the Aussies  must have made it just before the whole pack of cards came down this week

.........was tempted to look but 4 hours of it......NOooooooo

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Dont forget the female detective is also a lesbian now,i agree complete woke rubbish

And the Indian Female Doctor...... ... but I'm going to try Episode 2................................:w00t:

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

It does have Endeavour in it! 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:54 PM, rcuthbert said:
Warrior
Warrior is an American martial arts crime drama television series that premiered on April 5, 2019, on Cinemax. It is based on an original concept and treatment by Bruce Lee, and is executive-produced by his daughter, Shannon Lee, and film director Justin Lin.
Genre:Action, Drama, Martial Arts

Seasons 1 and 2, 720p x264...

mas-1-1024x1536.jpg

1624912.jpg

0367696.jpg

I really enjoyed Warrior. AFAIK it was cancelled after season 2. Happy to be corrected if someone knows otherwise.

• Like 1

Finished Godfather of Harlem season 2 last night.

Was pretty good, almost as good as season 1 I would say, not sure if the delay left it a little flat or the constant changing from one family to another seemed a little over the top but it wasn’t as good as I had expected, IMHO.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Yes i enjoyed it and Jeremy says he is the happiest hehas ever been on the farm.

Can't wait for season 2.

I used to live very near his farm in a previous life 18 years ago .beautiful area.

Right off to get some cow juice.

He's good in "Clarkson on TV" as well

• Like 1