What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

15 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Annika has dropped---- episode 1 -------Nicola Waters

----------------------------------------------------------------

Been watching Poker--- the prize money was a surprise, I was watching the 2006 WOSP  first prize $us 12 million

and it goes right down from there---the total prize money they gave was over $us82,million thats gotta be one of the largest pay out comps in the world surly.

..... I find it amazing how they can stare & Stare then guess what the other guy has got.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the ---- Rigs of Nigg----Doco

It is the early 70s, and oil has been discovered in the North Sea.

Rigs of Nigg is the story of how over 5,000 men, sought locally and from across the globe, came together to create structures previously thought to be unbuildable and to withstand elements considered unsurvivable.

Their search for a location to build the platforms settles on the sleepy Highland bay of Nigg on the Cromarty Firth, and a way of life is changed for ever.

the 1970s & the UK needed Oil desperately-- so starting wage was 400%  more then any locale job,--which brought the farming industry in the Area to a halt.

I cannot find Annika on my usual torrent sites,,,,,,,,where did you find it please

10 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

I cannot find Annika on my usual torrent sites,,,,,,,,where did you find it please

Chaos...but they always have everything that was on UK TV last night --for download next morning.  It will be out Pirates etc prob to-day

• Like 1

Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean

In the automotive world, John DeLorean rose from engineer to executive to icon. But under the hood of his self-created legend lies darkness and deceit.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14968268/

While watching this series my mind kept jumping back to a series I watched a couple of days before and I could not get over how much these two characters had in common:

Dr. Death: The Undoctored Story

Follows the whole and real story of Dr. Christopher Duntsch told by the people who survived it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15066502/

Both of these guys could get caught red-handed standing in front of a burning house with a can of petrol in one hand and a Zippo in the other and would not only claim total innocence but would declare that the fire would be of such great benefit to the residents, the city and the whole universe. 

I also think its a good reminder that its not just in Thailand where, if a lot of money is involved, you can get away with murder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

The White Lotus ,about a different set of rich people at an Hawaian hotel for their holidays,it may not be to everyones taste but i can virtually guarantee that you will hate them all ,,ime loving it ,also some great bikini shots.

I really liked this show, Almond and the annoying rich guy were great - The last episode and the lead up to the climax of the show were great. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

first class ,watched it some weeks ago ,can highly recomend it .

I found it extremely depressing,

All the poor white trash, alcoholic drug addicts, broken relationships, broken children, no work, but all living in expensive and spacious homes.

Amazing USA.

• Haha 1

Ladhood (2019 - 2021)

tv series 12eps

7.2 imdb 

Season 2 available now .

The trials and tribulations of 4 teenage friends growing up in Leeds some 20 years ago.

A kind of Northern version of the “ Inbetweeners “ with Liam Williams narrating how he remembers, often mistakenly, his adolescence.

Watched 50% of "The White Lotus" ---comedy, 6 episodes

Its OK--I like watching dysfunctional families....but will probably get board of it by the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Watched all of          "Outcry" ---Doco 5 episodes

Will27 had recommended it last year , downloaded but only just round to viewing....... It really is gripping.

"A five-part documentary series examining the gripping story of high school football star Greg Kelley who was arrested, convicted and jailed for sexual assault of a 4-year-old boy"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decided to re watch "The night Manager" --BBC Crime Thriller ----5 years old

The last of book by John le Carré--really good thriller if you haven't seen it. Lots of top actors in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching "Annika" --- Nicola Walker  tonight--no option 2nd episode out soon--& with the UK press that I read every morning they always tell you what happened.--Like its news instead of a TV program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Night  Manager

Watched "Nine Perfect Strangers" last night, but really struggled not to scream, and I shall not pursue further episodes. It was a close call as to which actor was the worst, but Nicole Kidman may have secured the top spot.

It does not surprise me that those involved in the Big Little Lies and The Undoing were also responsible for this. Created by David E Kelley, who I think has literally lost the plot recently.

Marcella (2016 - 2020)

tv series 3 seasons 24 eps

7.4 imdb 

Detective Marcella Backland left the Metropolitan Police to start a family. Unfortunately she let a couple of unsolved murders behind her, so when her husband leaves her and a couple of apparently similar murders are discovered she rejoins the force 12 years after leaving.

Have been saving this for some serious binging but with a 4th season in doubt, despite the original plan being a trilogy, I decided to watch this. Towards the end of season 1 and loving it so far.

5 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Ladhood (2019 - 2021)

tv series 12eps

7.2 imdb 

Season 2 available now .

The trials and tribulations of 4 teenage friends growing up in Leeds some 20 years ago.

A kind of Northern version of the “ Inbetweeners “ with Liam Williams narrating how he remembers, often mistakenly, his adolescence.

Yeah but not nearly as funny as Inbetweeners. Watched the first two episodes. Does it get better?

Edited by Jingthing

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah but not nearly as funny as Inbetweeners. Watched the first two episodes. Does it get better?

Wouldn’t say it improves much and not as popular/funny as Inbetweeners but i liked it. Thought the premise of the guy narrating trying to make things better than they actually were, funny. Have only watched season 1 so far .

Coincidently, looking on IMDb I saw there was a US version of Inbetweeners made in 2012, have you seen that JT ? I watched a trailer and it looked identical to the U.K. version, only in the US.