No lockdown in Chonburi, says governor

rooster59

No lockdown in Chonburi, says governor

lockdown.JPG

Image: Thai PBS

Chonburi governor Phakkhrathon Thianchai on Friday ruled on the possibility of a full lockdown, despite COVID-19 continuing to rise in the province.

Gov Phakkhrathon reiterated that tourists can still visit the province without the need to self quarantine at home. 

He said that tourists had still been visiting Pattaya and neighbouring districts despite the cancellation of many New Years Eve events and the increased restrictions in the area, which have seen bars and nightclubs closed. 

Thai PBS reported that tourists had been visiting Koh Lan in recent days, with increased screening measures now in place at Bali Hai pier.

On Friday, officials in Chonburi announced 51 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the province to 211. 

Officials said that while the number of confirmed cases had increased in recent days, they will know in the next 1-2 days if the infection rate has stabilised or not and are therefore continuing to monitor the situation closely. 

Meanwhile, teams have been out across the province disinfecting the streets in a bid to prevent the spread of the virus.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-02

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Think I will just top up on the alcoholic beverage today, you know, just in case!

:smile: Did that last week.

Probably not needed as last time I was still able to buy grog every day through the whole alchohol ban.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nout said:

Disinfectant eliminates bacteria and viruses. Disinfectant is used in both domestic households and hospitals.

Have you seen the comical street "disinfecting"? If anyone views this as anything more than a dog and pony show for appearances, then they're not.... well, use your common sense- any time I say anything promoting logic I get reported and slapped...

Disinfecting under hospital conditions hasn't been able to stop MRSA and the like- making hospitals one of the deadliest places a person can visit. If they can't disinfect a controlled, limited space, they know damn well the street 'disinfecting' is folly at best, a way to enrich buddies who get the disinfecting contract at worst/most likely. 

• Like 2

I think we're soon to be restricted from movement. Seems tomorrow may be the last easy day to go elsewhere. I was stuck in BKK the last curfew and that won't be happening again. So it's here, Phuket, Chiang Mai or Udon. Trying to decide where I'll be able to live the closest to normal for the next 2 months or more.

That said, with this being local transmissions, and people from overseas subject to the quarantine, I don't think (hope) they will close the airports again to international travel. Suddenly the US may be a better option for a few months than here...

25 minutes ago, WuhanVagabond said:

I think we're soon to be restricted from movement. Seems tomorrow may be the last easy day to go elsewhere. I was stuck in BKK the last curfew and that won't be happening again. So it's here, Phuket, Chiang Mai or Udon. Trying to decide where I'll be able to live the closest to normal for the next 2 months or more.

That said, with this being local transmissions, and people from overseas subject to the quarantine, I don't think (hope) they will close the airports again to international travel. Suddenly the US may be a better option for a few months than here...

i'd recommend a good size country villa with a pool. we barely noticed the last lockdown, it was holiday time. some great bargains going about too. we just rented a half rai 5 bed villa with an 11m pool for 100€ week while we had the builders in on our house. its a renter's market right now. 

no condos where they closethe pool and gym ????

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

I think this governor must have family ties to the food and catering business, as he went on record saying that the number of staff who would lose their jobs if he stopped people from dining in is unacceptable. Yet he seems quite happy to keep all the bars and "non-essential" shops closed, which affects far more people than the restaurants. And how is shopping for printer paper while wearing a mask more of a Covid risk than eating food without a mask? The guy's a corrupt nincompoop who should be replaced immediately. 

23 hours ago, Thailand said:

Definitely no lockdowns getting repeated.

Think I will just top up on the alcoholic beverage today, you know, just in case!

I went to the liquor store on the corner of 2nd road and Central Pattaya. Clever girl, she warned about possible booze ban and perhaps I should stock up. GREAT sales tactic! BTW, they used to sell all day long, they now adhere to not selling from 2-5 p.m.