British nationals could be barred from entering Thailand under new proposals

webfact

1 minute ago, starky said:

Should have nothing to do with Thailand if the government's of the UK and USA were at all responsible they would stop their citizens travelling anywhere. The UK has just by population passed the figures even the United States is putting up. There are far more infections per million per day in the UK. 

Correct. I believe Australia did this very early on and there are still restrictions on Aussies leaving.

17 minutes ago, starky said:

Should have nothing to do with Thailand if the government's of the UK and USA were at all responsible they would stop their citizens travelling anywhere. The UK has just by population passed the figures even the United States is putting up. There are far more infections per million per day in the UK. 

Then why did the open their boarders charging people £2/3000 to get back in?

7 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Ahh they are loving this one. Anutins New Years wish has come true. :thumbsup:

Frame it as coming from the west, ignore the fact the recent outbreak started because of illegal, (but tolerated) foreign workers in Thailand oh and thai service personnel working in Myanmar, . 

Just a replay of the hard work they did to frame the initial epidemic as coming form the west, when it is fact was brought in by Chinese tourists.

First the Brits, then ban the Americans, Aussies, French, Germans, etc.  Only Chinese will be allowed.  Anyone else see the irony here?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Correct. I believe Australia did this very early on and there are still restrictions on Aussies leaving.

There certainly are. Im an Aussie in Bangkok in quarantine only now returning to my family after 11 months it took me 5 attempts to get permission to leave to see my wife and children. 

• Like 2

If these 4 people from the u.k had a covid19 lab certificate at prove they was negative before they was allowed on the plane so where did they catch the virus from the flight or in thailand if they was positive they would not had be allowed on the flight

1 minute ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

If these 4 people from the u.k had a covid19 lab certificate at prove they was negative before they was allowed on the plane so where did they catch the virus from the flight or in thailand if they was positive they would not had be allowed on the flight

The test is only done 72 hours prior to departure so still well within incubation period, 1st test in quarantine is normally not till day 5 or 6.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Why Brits?  nowhere else has this new Covid strain?  I think once vaccines roll out to have a vaccine 'passport' is a useful thing - then allow free travel.

It was the johnson who made such a song and dance about the new strain in an attempt to 

"save face" over one of his many U turns.

This particular ill thought proclamation about the new strain was because he had basically

said that everyone could enjoy an unrestricted Christmas before looking for an excuse to

call it off without looking like the Grinch?

Oops, looks like I replied to the wrong post/poster.

I do apologise.....

Edited by shy coconut
  • Like 2

If S.C. is correct about Astra Zeneca having a production unit in Thailand why have the Thai Idiots incharge ordered 2 mil doses from their friends next door, you know the ones who gave the VIRUS freely to the Free World.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nout said:

Who, in these parlors times, has laid thousands out in advance. The mooted ban: when is it to be introduced?

How much do you think it costs to apply for the visa, do the pre-departure C19 test, purchase flights, purchase 2 weeks in an ASQ facility?

Ever considered there are people who have been trapped outside Thailand since this pandemic began who have been making plans to return to see loved ones? I daresay you'd have everyone living outside for the next 5 years.  

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

The thoughts of an angry Thai visa subscriber will not change that fact!

You vastly underestimate the power, influence, cogency, and sophistication of the typical Thai Visa subscriber. For shame!

How did those 4 Brits manage to come into Thailand in the first place with all the Covid-free certs?

I suspect that you can get a fake Covid cert in UK especially since those 4 are in the same family.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

How did those 4 Brits manage to come into Thailand in the first place with all the Covid-free certs?

I suspect that you can get a fake Covid cert in UK especially since those 4 are in the same family.

Will have had a negative Covid test within 72 hours of travel, however tested positive whilst in an ASQ.   The whole point of quarantine for 14 days to be sure an individual doesn't have the virus.

5 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Will have had a negative Covid test within 72 hours of travel, however tested positive whilst in an ASQ.   The whole point of quarantine for 14 days to be sure an individual doesn't have the virus.

The chances of a negative Covid test within 72 hours of travel and coming in positive on first day is only  1%. 

The WHOLE family was infected so it sounds really fishy.

Unless, they tested negative on first day of arrival, then I won't suspect any hanky-panky.

Fake covid cert can be bought or bribed. It's a loophole. Many people even fake bank statements and passports, why not Covid cert?

The Thai embassies should do the Covid test themselves instead of relying on dubious doctors.

Edited by EricTh

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The chances of a negative Covid test within 72 hours of travel and coming in positive on first day is only  1%. 

The WHOLE family was infected so it sounds really fishy.

Unless, they tested negative on first day of arrival, then I won't suspect any hanky-panky.

Fake covid cert can be bought or bribed. It's a loophole.

The Thai embassies should do the Covid test themselves instead of relying on dubious doctors.

Where does the article say they tested positive on day 1? IIRC, tests are performed circa day 5 and day 12 in ASQ, whether they are also done on day 1 I cannot recall. And I seriously doubt UK medical facilities are issuing fake C19 certificates, this isn't KSR issuing fake TEFL or degree certificates <deleted>. 

Source for your 1% figure?

B117 is highly infectious (as opposed to being more dangerous) so there is no surprise an entire family would have it. I suggest you need to get some better sources of info.  

You might also ask why Thai returnees on repatriation flights are not being required to provide C19 certificates. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, A Los for words said:

So despite a clear COVID Fit to Fly test, insurance and 15 days ASQ, Brits won't be allowed to come in. What if they agree to buy a condo?

it appears your guys became an undesirable species locked on your island   555 (joking don't take it serious, the opportunity was to good to let it go)

11 minutes ago, MarkyM3 said:

B117 is highly infectious (as opposed to being more dangerous) so there is no surprise an entire family would have it. 

Really? Then why did Bangkok Post report that none of the other people who came in the same flight and those in contact with them in Thailand were infected?

Doctors can be bribed, it's not rocket science. 

Passport, bank statements, certs can be faked as well 'if doctors couldn't be bribed'.

Edited by EricTh

7 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

People from the UK shouldn't be leaving to go on holiday anywhere outside the UK - and there shouldn't be anyone arriving either.

A national lockdown may hurt the economy, as we have seen so many TVF members post on different threads, but the fact is that if you initiate a harsh lockdown until the virus is eradicated, then you're going to be laughing happily to the bank. China did this and is now the only economy that is growing. China should never be an example of anything, as they have a terrible human rights record. However, I think we can all acknowledge that they contained the virus (which started in China) successfully.

Plague island (UK) needs to be shut off from the world - only goods and emergency travel should be allowed. If these measures had been implemented at the very begining then perhaps the UK wouldn't be in this situation. Approaching 60k cases a day now. Quite what this family of four was thinking is beyond me. They've now selfishly prevented any Brits still waiting to get back to their families here, all because they wanted a holiday. Selfish a-holes.

confused

so we have an unknown amount of infected people in Thailand

So as you say, we lock down completely ? How hard a lockdown ? stop all traffic between provinces, including transport, food, etc, plus any essential workers ?

And whay happens in these locked down provinces, these with an unknown amount of infectious carriers ? do we let these continue to infect all the people in the province, and let the deaths increase ? 

surely if you have thousands of infected people locked into an area, who can, and will still intermix, then how will this prevent the spread, or the increase in deaths ?

9 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Ahh they are loving this one. Anutins New Years wish has come true. :thumbsup:

Frame it as coming from the west, ignore the fact the recent outbreak started because of illegal, (but tolerated) foreign workers in Thailand oh and thai service personnel working in Myanmar, . 

Just a replay of the hard work they did to frame the initial epidemic as coming form the west, when it is fact was brought in by Chinese tourists.

So comments from some Thais about Myanmar workers: "shoot them when you see them" never actually happened? Thais aren;t so stupid to believe them problem comes from farangs. When was the last time you were abused by  Thai re: covid?

23 minutes ago, pagallim said:

used to be 75 quid to buy a fit to fly certificate on e bay, way too expensive > How much on Khoasan Road , 500 baht ? 

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it appears your guys became an undesirable species locked on your island   555 (joking don't take it serious, the opportunity was to good to let it go)

Locked in our Island getting vaccinated by April. Not the worst deal in the current climate tbh. 

Edited by Kadilo