Grease slammed as ‘rapey, racist and homophobic and should never be shown on TV again’

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

ICONIC '70s movie Grease has been slammed as “rapey, racist and homophobic” by woke snowflakes as they demand it is “never shown on TV again”. 

Dear self-appointed guardians of self-inflicted sensitivities, you have more than one choice: you could turn the TV off, you could change the channel, you can do that manually, or remotely. But then you wouldn't be able to lament about it, do you?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a rich topic. Personally, I despise PC. I think it represents alot of what is wrong with contemporary culture, and especially America today. It is a major form of weakness, when you allow yourself to be easily offended, and take everything personally. Granted, there are things that can be perceived as offensive, but allowing yourself to be offended by tiny little things people say and do is a bit much! But, the people who are offended daily, by things others say, are just weak, and would benefit by growing thicker skin. Cancel culture is the height of this nonsense. Life can be rough and caustic at times, and for those of us who have grown thick skin, it is like water off a ducks back. No big deal, at all. Think what you want to think. It just does not mean anything to those with self esteem, and a sense of who and what they are. Granted, these are just my opinions, and some will take offense to them. LOL. 

The notion that political correctness has “gone mad” is familiar to anyone who follows even vaguely any aspect of modern political or cultural life. The phrase, ostensibly referring to language or action that is designed to avoid offence or harm to protected groups, has become a sharp criticism. It is synonymous with a sort of cultural McCarthyism, usually committed by the left.

https://www.economist.com/open-future/2018/09/10/has-political-correctness-gone-too-far

A Rasmussen poll found that 71 percent of Americans think political correctness is a problem today. When is being politically correct more about civility and politeness? When when does it veer into censorship? When is it justified? When is it not justified?

https://www.jacksonville.com/opinion/2016-09-30/has-political-correctness-gone-too-far

University of Connecticut officials sent out a campus-wide email advising its students that the school would provide counseling sessions in response to political commentator and Harvard Law alum Ben Shapiro’s slated speaking event at the university. The ironic part is that the counseling sessions were offered before Shapiro even stepped foot on campus. When I was in law school, Bill Clinton came and spoke. While I wasn't traumatized, I wonder whether the administration would have provided counselors for all the women in attendance.

https://clclt.com/charlotte/pc-culture-10-times-its-gone-too-far/Content?oid=16059883

The term first appeared in the Marxist-Leninist vocabulary following the Russian Revolution (really, a coup) of 1917 to describe strict adherence to policies and principles of the Soviet Union’s Communist Party. “Political correctness” was invented by the communists to camouflage the truth about events and policies in the Soviet Union that had resulted in mass murders, the starvation of millions, and slave labor camps. It was “politically incorrect” to reveal such facts; the “party line” was for all loyal communist party members to promote the same “politically correct truths” about the “good life” under totalitarian government. 

https://www.telegram.com/news/20200114/roberta-schaefer-history-of-political-correctness-and-why-its-gone-way-too-far

Basically to shorten up what you have written, and I agree with you, is that they all need to grow a set, or as the term used would be they need to "Sack up" and stop their crying over being offended.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I thought those woke snowflakes never watch TV. They don't have to buy the DVD or watch it on YouTube or Netflix or whatever. And if they are going to ban that movie I am sure there are thousands of other movies which are, from a current snowflake view, not much better. I.e. all those James Bond movies with his sexist behavior with Moneypenny...

maxresdefault.jpg

They were on cable marathon lately. Moneypenny  was the innocent part.

Cringe worthy actors in "Yellow face".  See a suspicious photographer? Grab her threaten to break her arm. Every person with black skin servile or criminal.

Double cross a lady agent? Have sex with her first, no suggestion of "protection",

then maybe kill her.  The ongoing theme England saving the world from devious criminals and USSR despite the bumbling efforts of the CIA by dry martini swilling cad with a cigarette.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, mr mr said:

you guys know that using all the buzz words surrounding this subject ironically in the eyes of the other side confirms their attitude towards you. 

plus snowflake and woke are so 2018. 

That doesn't mean they cannot do if they wish to, that is the point.

38 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Basically to shorten up what you have written, and I agree with you, is that they all need to grow a set, or as the term used would be they need to "Sack up" and stop their crying over being offended.

That is precisely what Clint Eastwood said several years ago, when asked about this topic. He mentioned that "back in the day" you could call anyone anything, and no offense was taken. He talked about giants like Don Rickles, who used to make fun of everyone, all types, religions, predispositions, etc. and people rarely took offense to it. 

A good friend in America recently asked me how did we go from the "great generation", where 16 and 17 year olds were lying about their age, to put the lives on the line to fight a real war, to Gen Z, who have little sense of identity, pride, and true patriotism. Social media? Reality TV? They are certainly culprits, and they have certainly made society very, very soft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly! They need to stop getting upset about what they think upsets other people (and probably doesn't anyway).

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/03/cancel-culture-is-not-the-preserve-of-the-left-just-ask-our-historians

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Wait til they see "love thy neighbour" ....555555.....they'd have a coronary ! Or even the early carry on films, ...whole thing is absurd.

I believe they have removed old clips from Youtube now?

edit; nope surprisingly still there 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1