Chonburi records 35 new COVID-19 cases as Rayong closes beaches, golf courses

snoop1130

Chonburi records 35 new COVID-19 cases as Rayong closes beaches, golf courses

jyj.PNG

Image Thairath: Rayong governor Channa Ieamsang

Public health officials in Chonburi announced 35 new COVID-19 infections in the province on Monday.

Of the 35 cases, 15 were discovered in Banglamung, while Sriracha (14) and Panat Nikhom (3) also reported cases. Three other cases were discovered near the provincial border with Rayong. 

The total number of cases in Chonburi is 340 with one death.

Meanwhile, health officials in Rayong said they had discovered 42 new cases.

Also on Monday, Rayong governor Channa Ieamsang announced a series of provincial measures in addition to the measures confirmed by the prime minister on Sunday.

Among the most notable  of the new measures will see beaches in the province close between 6pm and 6am, while drinking, eating and groups gathering on the beach is also banned.

Temporary markets are also ordered closed.

Alcohol is banned at restaurants in the province.

Pet grooming, convenience stores, retail and grocery stores can open, but strict control measures must be in place. 

Beauty salons can open but appointments can not take longer than 2 hours. 

Golf courses, sports grounds and public parks are also ordered closed with immediate effect.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-04

• Thanks 1

Why can they not disseminate all the stats together instead of piecemeal and by province.  It is what it is I guess,  Sort of like other countries giving updates by states and such.  Moving on as it just gets better and better every day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm no golfer, but, I don't get why being 300 yards away from anyone on a golf course for 2 hours is more contagious than a beauty salon ! 

The mayor's wife doesn't own a golf course.  Or maybe it's not the mayor's wife, but you get the drift

Edited by impulse

23 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm no golfer, but, I don't get why being 300 yards away from anyone on a golf course for 2 hours is more contagious than a beauty salon ! 

I think you would find people tend to go golfing as a party, female caddies and beers etc. More the golf clubhouse is shut, not the course.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why can they not disseminate all the stats together instead of piecemeal and by province.  It is what it is I guess,  Sort of like other countries giving updates by states and such.  Moving on as it just gets better and better every day.

I think they get officially reported the day after at the daily covid brief.

56 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure if you have been to the beaches at night when the bars are shut, huge groups of young  Thais congregate, drinking, eating, music etc

Someone I know in Thailand, new years eve 10 in a condo, today about 12 having picnic on beach and then back to condo to continue drinking. Think they don't care because first time in April nothing happened and think this time around it's the same. If the government has been dishonest about numbers first time I think it's about to backfire on them big time now unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Sitting in a cart with a caddie for 4 hours is one way of getting infected. Drinks in the clubhouse is another. The caddie is also handling your clubs and balls.

On many courses in Thailand, a cart and a caddie is compulsory.

You're right, you're no golfer, but thank you for trying to help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Club house, bar, changing rooms, groups chatting...? But I am intrigued: on which forum do you question every decision made by  your own government, British, and your own current location Britain? I hope you don't mind me asking.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Beauty salons can open but appointments can not take longer than 2 hours

So they think you will not get infected if you are there one hour fifty-five minutes??? During a period when the country needs it's brightest minds, this group of corrupted generals in charge and their clown friends come up with crazy rules like this. Just so sad, was a very promising country with lots of good things going for it before.

37 minutes ago, Nout said:

But I am intrigued: on which forum do you question every decision made by  your own government, British, and your own current location Britain?

its a very, very, long list (being a free country and all..), so i won't bore you with all the details, but i will say, the site at the top of the list is: 

www.mirror.co.uk

:cheesy:

enjoy!

1 hour ago, Nout said:

Club house, bar, changing rooms, groups chatting...? But I am intrigued: on which forum do you question every decision made by  your own government, British, and your own current location Britain? I hope you don't mind me asking.

I think most of us question our own governments decisions at these times - I know I question my own UK decisions all the time and the lunacy of opening some things and not others. Opening a UK mall coffee shop whilst closing the barber next door is plain nuts. If you can tell me why the Thai government - or any - find it acceptable to open a beauty salon, whilst closing as you say a 'club house, a bar' etc all within transmission distance I'd find your response more tenable and less confrontational  ???? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Sitting in a cart with a caddie for 4 hours is one way of getting infected. Drinks in the clubhouse is another. The caddie is also handling your clubs and balls.

On many courses in Thailand, a cart and a caddie is compulsory.

You're right, you're no golfer, but thank you for trying to help.

You forget the caddies wear gloves, also courses could easy mitigate risks, I.e. Clubhouse closed, no alcohol etc closing golf courses isn't sensible

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

You forget the caddies wear gloves, also courses could easy mitigate risks, I.e. Clubhouse closed, no alcohol etc closing golf courses isn't sensible

I'm not arguing for or against the closing of courses. It's a vexed question, as is closure of swimming pools.

True, some caddies wear gloves. IMO the virus doesn't care if it's on bare skin or cloth, and the gloves I see them wearing are open at the fingertips.

I've also noticed carts are equipped with plastic screens, and the caddies wear masks. In many cases, as soon as they are well away from the clubhouse, the screens come down, and the masks come off.  I don't worry about it, just saying......

how are they detecting these cases ?

are they people who turn up at hospital feeling ill ?

or  maybe relatives/friends etc of people who are already infected 

They certainly are not going through the population and testing 

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

how are they detecting these cases ?

are they people who turn up at hospital feeling ill ?

or  maybe relatives/friends etc of people who are already infected 

They certainly are not going through the population and testing 

Tracking and tracing of contacts to determine those most susceptible and then those least susceptible. They are testing all contacts an individual had and then if they are positive testing those contacts it seems, but no widespread testing.

45 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tracking and tracing of contacts to determine those most susceptible and then those least susceptible. They are testing all contacts an individual had and then if they are positive testing those contacts it seems, but no widespread testing.

Track and tracing won't be working properly, highly likely a proportion won't be giving correct details, some won't sign in or use the QR code

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lets just write of 2021 as well.....moving on Hello 2022 will you be the year the world starts to return to some form of normalcy so we can travel again and see family in other parts of the world.  Covid fatigue is setting in to many who are unemployed and need money.   

It is looking increasing more likely that the next 5 Years Globally are going down the crapper.

This Virus is going to bounce around the Globe for along time, even with vaccines, mainly due to the fact that not every person in many Countries will either have, or be able to pay for the Vaccine, therefor keeping the Virus alive and kicking.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Track and tracing won't be working properly, highly likely a proportion won't be giving correct details, some won't sign in or use the QR code

I agree, just like those that were in the gambling den clusters or the returning bargirls from Myanmar who never showed as they were afraid of being prosecuted by the Government after Anutin's tirade.  

6 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Just close them at night then. 

"Among the most notable  of the new measures will see beaches in the province close between 6pm and 6am, while drinking, eating and groups gathering on the beach is also banned."....... I don't see anything that says you can't use the beaches during the day.

20 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Someone I know in Thailand, new years eve 10 in a condo, today about 12 having picnic on beach and then back to condo to continue drinking. Think they don't care because first time in April nothing happened and think this time around it's the same. If the government has been dishonest about numbers first time I think it's about to backfire on them big time now unfortunately.

Yeah, we have Farangs similar to that in our condo, I wish they would just ban Alcohol sales altogether, Alcohol is responsible for so many deaths worldwide, so much violence domestic and other, so many crimes, all this panic about Covid, yet Alcohol and Tobacco are responsible for millions of deaths each and every year, and what is done, nothing, if the worlds governments care so much about the people surely they should ban things that kill them by the million, and they are not accidental deaths, people are too stupid to stop smoking and drinking poison themselves, so it’s about time the governments stepped in and stopped it for them,  I mean they do care about the people they represent, don't tthey ?

With the Covid pandemic Alcohol should 100%% be banned, at least have the balls to do that !!