Governors told to prepare provincial field hospitals for worst case scenario

snoop1130

Governors told to prepare provincial field hospitals for worst case scenario

CCSA-1221.jpg

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has instructed all provincial administrations to prepare for the setting up of field hospitals in the worst case scenario, where hospitals become overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients, said CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin today.

Citing China’s ability to build a huge field hospital in Wuhan in just a week, last year, he said he does not want to see sick patients being left on the roadside in Thailand, because hospitals could not accept any more.

Dr. Taweesin cited the case of Samut Sakhon province, which took the lead in erecting two field hospitals, while those in another province protested against a field hospital to accommodate infected Myanmar migrant workers from Samut Sakhon.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/governors-told-to-prepare-provincial-field-hospitals-for-worst-case-scenario/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-01-06

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I don't think it'll be needed here, but they should have it as an option.  

Agree completely. In this situation, it's all hands on deck.

Just Googled Yorkshire Tea, I'm still reeling. Me, I drink coffee.

• Like 1

In phitsanulok, 2 reasonably large hotels that were virtually at a stand still in the early stages when covid was first reported were ear-marked and still are available for any major overflow of the hospital system, would assume it's similar in other provinces 

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If only it were that simple. History elsewhere shows asymptomatic cases and those with very mild symptoms will repeatedly flout quarantine and ignore voluntary self-isolation. This virus is so contagious they become spreaders, but they feel fine so what's the problem?

I agree! just the fact this has gone on for so long now it has mutated isn't any longer a headache go home take two aspirin and drink a lot of water? People can't be left to make a medical decision at this point on their own any longer if it was working places like my home State

(California) might not be having the spread? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Bammie said:

Is it true that all positive covid19 cases are required to stay in hospital until it passes?  If so, that is the first thing that needs to be changed.  As testing goes up, positive cases will go up as well.  It is a complete waste of time and resources to do this, no need to have asymptomatic cases and those who feel fine to be hospitalized, the hospitals will fill up very quickly.

Only treat those that need care and attention and the rest just need to quarantine until their infection passes.  Hoping the best for Thailand!

Not all the cases. All the Covid positive Burmese are kept in a quarantine facility (not field hospital).

How about using some empty hotels for asymptomatic patients and those with only light symptoms?

I don't disagree with Thailand's policy to hospitalize them as well, but doing so at proper hospitals just means that they will be at capacity much sooner. A hotel would be much more comfortable than a field hospital for those affected.

my impression s that govts are always behind the curve thru different reasons,propaganda,lies and self benefit are high on the list here and in china ,incompetence too.few vaccs ordered here and almost no testing before the mahachai outbreak.more u test more u will find.hotel rooms as overflow prep,good idea.plenty of empty hotels.thai corruption and abuse of migrant workers let the cat out the bag here,singapore overcame a similar experience minus corruption, talk to them.vaccs needed now,screw the subs and moon shots and the big boys cough up.feudalism is another negative aspect.hopefully theyll be lucky again.lets see.we must learn to live with it though.EU and USA cant deliver on vaccs and the brits cant jab people up.simple organisational stuffs beyond govt.it will get better it has to.lets see how vaccs are in a mnth but infections are ahead of innoculations.on the other hand so much immunity is being conferred from infection and vacc.look on the bright side!!!

It does seem a long time ago all the “under control here” comments were made ???? 

I do wish you all the best and hope to see you all in the near future right here waxing lyrical about the “time we had COVID” stories!

good luck to us all  ???? 

6 hours ago, rabas said:

Yes, wait until hospitals collapse, morgues stack bodies high, and temple smoke blots out the sun.

Then do something.

1 year almost and NONE of that happened in thailand

we still have some things in our advantage...strong UV sun, younger people, not so many obese / insulin resistant people, high humidity

no sun , called WINTER + dry air (heater) are very bad for the mucus in the throat, that actually fights to keep pathogens out one body

except for the snow-white skin thai vampire like people living 24/7 in air-cooled everything 

daily walks exposed in the sun is one thing that keeps me healthy - the polluted air & crazy people driving cars

I am comparing France to Thailand as they have similar number population.

France has had 66000 dead due to Covid.

France have actually over 20 000 new cases daily. 
France have 25000 in hospital with Covid. 
France has 2600 in réanimation.

My question is , does Thailand have the same capacity of care in an emergency, and do they have enough ventilators ? 

Using hotels to keep positive Covid people out of the public is a good idea. The hotels should have indemnities from the government , with a small medical staff present , and interdiction to go out until tested negative. 

48 minutes ago, geisha said:

I am comparing France to Thailand as they have similar number population.

France has had 66000 dead due to Covid.

France have actually over 20 000 new cases daily. 
France have 25000 in hospital with Covid. 
France has 2600 in réanimation.

My question is , does Thailand have the same capacity of care in an emergency, and do they have enough ventilators ? 

one this is sure, you don't want to be put on a ventilator as the outcome is mostly DEATH, due to damage done to the lungs of forced air

https://www.google.com/search?q=to+be+put+on+a+ventilator+as+the+outcome+is+mostly+DEATH%2C+due+to+damage+done+to+the+lungs+of+forced+air