Question about ATM , stolen money

Just now, luckywooman said:

will the police do something about it?

will the bank put back the amount that it was lost?

Unlikely the Bank will put back the amount that was lost if the Atm footage reveals someone reading a piece or paper or sticky label with the pin code written on it

Good answers but I think if she lied and took the money herself... say to her that you love her and want to be with her the rest of your life and it is not ok to do what she did. Give her unconditional love and she will heal. Love is the answer and you can work this out... maybe not this year, or next...but...fight for that diamond

Edit: Another good option is to marry her and few kids won't be that bad idea also. Then you will have her forever and you can work things out with few children giving that happiness and joy. Try it. 

Edited by Topah
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Topah said:

Good answers but I think if she lied and took the money herself... say to her that you love her and want to be with her the rest of your life and it is not ok to do what she did. Give her unconditional love and she will heal. Love is the answer and you can work this out... maybe not this year, or next...but...fight for that diamond

Edit: Another good option is to marry her and few kids won't be that bad idea also. Then you will have her forever and you can work things out with few children giving that happiness and joy. Try it. 

i can’t go accusing people ????

that’s why I ask if the krungthai bank will give us in cases like that the atm footage

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Unlikely the Bank will put back the amount that was lost if the Atm footage reveals someone reading a piece or paper or sticky label with the pin code written on it

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

I think the bank will not put the money back, and you think the police will do anything.:cheesy:

This sounds awfully fishy to me, maybe your wife is not being truthful with you, it happens.

My ex could not be trusted with any amount of money or cards.

Now my present wife has had my card for over 3 weeks, she has and can remember the 6 digit number, am i worried? No way she can be trusted 100%, if you cannot trust your wife 100% time to move on.

59 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

With Thais any man around the same age, is referred to as brother, as with women my sister. Older, then Ma Ma or Pa Pa.

????Status report????

so just been to the bank.

bank said the police will request opening the ATM to look at the footage(I don’t know why they can’t do that in the office)

about fund return it’s unclear

21 hours ago, luckywooman said:

so you can get the bank to tell you who stole the money right? I already canceled the card, and they told me to go yesterday to the police to file a report.

How things go from here? Any advise what to do?

Not sure most banks will allow you to see the atm footage, I was lucky my bank manager was a friend so he let me see who it was and arranged for new card and pin immediately and also he wanted to inform the police but I just let it as it was under 10,000 baht and she never got the chance again.  

5 hours ago, luckywooman said:

????Status report????

so just been to the bank.

bank said the police will request opening the ATM to look at the footage(I don’t know why they can’t do that in the office)

about fund return it’s unclear

Opening to see inside the ATM ????

Looking for broken finger nails as to match their DNA data.

• Haha 2

With the PIN taped to the card, you haven't got a hope in hell of the bank refunding the money.

I can't remember if its in this thread or the other one you opened about the same matter that's now closed but you said something about dropping any charges if you find out the money was taken by someone close.  Sounds to me as if you have your suspicions.  If it turns out that your wife withdrew the money and then lied about the card being stolen, are you thinking of forgiving her?  You would be well advised to think long and hard about such a decision - she will have shown she can't be trusted and a relationship without trust is no relationship at all.

I am sorry to say but this is not looking good - in my experience Thai women are not particularly good liars, you can usually see straight through their lies.  Ask yourself, why would she lose the card on the bus?  As far as I know, Thailand doesn't have any facilities where a bus fare can be paid by card so why would she to take her ATM card out on a bus? I suppose its possible but it sounds like rubbish to me.

Hopefully the police will let you see the video footage by way of identifying potential suspects - if they won't, see a lawyer.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

With the PIN taped to the card, you haven't got a hope in hell of the bank refunding the money.

I can't remember if its in this thread or the other one you opened about the same matter that's now closed but you said something about dropping any charges if you find out the money was taken by someone close.  Sounds to me as if you have your suspicions.  If it turns out that your wife withdrew the money and then lied about the card being stolen, are you thinking of forgiving her?  You would be well advised to think long and hard about such a decision - she will have shown she can't be trusted and a relationship without trust is no relationship at all.

I am sorry to say but this is not looking good - in my experience Thai women are not particularly good liars, you can usually see straight through their lies.  Ask yourself, why would she lose the card on the bus?  As far as I know, Thailand doesn't have any facilities where a bus fare can be paid by card so why would she to take her ATM card out on a bus? I suppose its possible but it sounds like rubbish to me.

Hopefully the police will let you see the video footage by way of identifying potential suspects - if they won't, see a lawyer.

no is not my wife haha, it’s someone much younger in the household ???? 

(I was shock as well what kids do this days for a stupid phone)

i am also upset but it’s difficult to press charge against a teenager ????

i gave my wife to sort it out(2 days)

if I can’t get a confession I still can’t do <deleted> as it’s my own blood ????

The police man told me to come on Tuesday again, and I will go from there.

Again the status is I can say good bye to the money......

now I have a family issue haha, the problem will be what will the police do now as that is already on the process of investigation.

He was <deleted> because I said I prefer to drop the charges..... so he said I come back on Tuesday again and we will see from here.

In Thailand will the police carry on the investigation of you want to drop charges?

Edited by luckywooman

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

What kind of punishment do you have in mind???????

If she bought a phone, take her to the shop and blame her in front of all employees.

Try to get as much money for the phone from the shop and the lesson is taught. 

Having lost face and the phone gone should be enough to teach her a needed lesson. 

And she will start to understand that you're not stupid which might be more important. 

11 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

If she bought a phone, take her to the shop and blame her in front of all employees.

Having lost face and the phone gone should be enough to teach her a needed lesson. 

And she will start to understand that you're not stupid which might be more important. 

Maybe.

That's our western way of thinking.

Losing face may create a completely different reaction for a Thai, even 1/2 Thai.

6 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

What kind of punishment do you have in mind???????

5 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

can’t do much against the shop mate, they sold it legally.......

i am thinking of cutting her daily pocket money half to 200baht lol...... guess how long????

again I can’t do much to a daughter ????, cutting to much money will only make kids this days do something stupid.

i have to go to the police on Tuesday, don’t know how it goes...

important question of mine is this as everything it’s cleared up.

Will the police drop the case? How is the Thai law when you filed a complaint? And you don’t want to pursue it.

anyone knows?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe.

That's our western way of thinking.

Losing face may create a completely different reaction for a Thai, even 1/2 Thai.

Yes my wife told me she will handle it, daughter stole the card from her and took money from the ATM.

She didn’t wanted me to go hard on her ????, I wouldn’t hit her anyway, a bit of shouting and so on would be enough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, luckywooman said:

can’t do much against the shop mate, they sold it legally.......

i am thinking of cutting her daily pocket money half to 200baht lol...... guess how long????

again I can’t do much to a daughter ????, cutting to much money will only make kids this days do something stupid.

i have to go to the police on Tuesday, don’t know how it goes...

important question of mine is this as everything it’s cleared up.

Will the police drop the case? How is the Thai law when you filed a complaint? And you don’t want to pursue it.

anyone knows?

No worries about the cops. They only do something if you want them to. It would only go to court if the coppers didn't find a solution. Just tell them to drop the case and give them 2,000 baht for their work.

I didn't mean to blame the shop for anything; ask them if they want to repurchase it cheaper with your daughter listening. 

I think I know how such things go. If you give her less money, your wife will give her some cash.

Don't be too hard on her; all these idiots believe that having an iPhone these days is a must.

The whole educational system is not okay, and the kids who have to attend these schools are in a miserable situation, and they know it. 

Then add the society where believing in ghosts and fortune-telling monks are accepted, and you have such a situation. 

See it from the positive side. It could have been much worse. Best of luck!! 

P.S. Just read your last two posts and wanted to add something. Hit her where it hurts most. No phone and internet for a whole month.

That hurts way more than slabbing her in her face. 

And your wife must follow it, to make sure that she's not online, otherwise it doesn't make much sense. 

400 baht a day for what? Did you know that many people here only make 300 baht a day, working all day long?

If she has to buy lunch at school, that's not more than 50 baht, add some water and snacks and make it 100.

Teach her that she could save enough money to buy what she wants with her money she receives but doesn't deserve.

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:16 PM, luckywooman said:

no is not my wife haha, it’s someone much younger in the household ???? 

(I was shock as well what kids do this days for a stupid phone)

i am also upset but it’s difficult to press charge against a teenager ????

i gave my wife to sort it out(2 days)

if I can’t get a confession I still can’t do <deleted> as it’s my own blood ????

The police man told me to come on Tuesday again, and I will go from there.

Again the status is I can say good bye to the money......

now I have a family issue haha, the problem will be what will the police do now as that is already on the process of investigation.

He was <deleted> because I said I prefer to drop the charges..... so he said I come back on Tuesday again and we will see from here.

In Thailand will the police carry on the investigation of you want to drop charges?

First of all. I don't believe the daughter did it, and if she did, you have two thieves in the family.  Some guys are a glutton for punishment.   ???? 

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2021 at 9:32 AM, luckywooman said:

damn you can’t tell me the bank can’t tell me who stole the money?

i thought on every atm there is a camera ????????????????

nah it was 40k baht ???????? I told her before not to put it on the card the pin..... how hard is it to remember the 6 digit ????????????

The police might be smart but even if they watch the cctv if the thief  is not a known crim..how can they identify him ???

1 minute ago, wavodavo said:

The police might be smart but even if they watch the cctv if the thief  is not a known crim..how can they identify him ???

Suspect Op wants to check that the thief wasn't his wife.

(or her brother)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1