Covid insurance after change of visa

A friend is wanting to come to Thailand to visit his Thai wife. He is going to get a covid vaccine in Germany then come on a short term visa with 6 months covid insurance. He then wants to convert to  a non O based on marriage in Thailand and stay for a year.. He is wondering if he stays longer and his covid insurance expires will it have any impact on his visa. I guess it is all hypothetical because the insurance  has not been mandated for so long but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this. 

Insurance is only required to enter Thailand.

He could either enter with a tourist visa, which would require 60 days of insurance, and convert this in Thailand.

Or he enters with a non-immigrant visa which would require 90 days of insurance.

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

Insurance is only required to enter Thailand.

He could either enter with a tourist visa, which would require 60 days of insurance, and convert this in Thailand.

Or he enters with a non-immigrant visa which would require 90 days of insurance.

Thank you. ????

18 minutes ago, Travelanimal said:

Same question . I have 4 years left for my elite visa and for upcoming trip I intend to stay for period of 6 months so how long should be my insurance cover ? 

Normally it needs to valid for the permit to stay you get when entering the country from your visa. For Thai Elite PE visa that would be one year. You could try applying for the COE with a confirmed ticket out of the country in 6 months but I think it would be denied.

Archived