What precautions are you taking for the developing situation.

BritManToo

I do nothing as I did last time.

This country is a food full resource country.

They are not going to run out of food.  They are not going to totally close all the markets.

I guess it make some feel better, sure seems Paranoid and childish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reasonable precautions for the situation in Chiang Mai, schools are still open in Chiang Rai. It's wan dek ( Children's Day ) at the schools.

During the last lockdown, there were no shortages, and I spent the next few months eating what I had bought.

As far as booze went, I could buy anything I wanted at the store in the village, their stock doesn't move because it's too expensive for the locals, who mainly drink Lao Khao. Regular whisky or rum is like water to them.

I normally keep a stock of pasta, tinned fish and pesto for emergencies. It's a rice farming village, everyone has some.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

The only precaution i ever took in my life is not to drink and drive and always wear a condom, this Covid business is totally new on me...

Put a condom over your head, then you won't have to worry about COVID either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stocked up on beer, wine, spirits etc... on the last day of sales before the last lockdown & it lasted me 1/2 as long as I planned (& only that long because I eecked out the Sam Song) so since then I gave up drinking at home. 

Of course I go out a lot more nowadays, last night (In Bangkok) it was pints of Singha in a coca cola cup, complete with lid & a straw... I'd forgotten how drinking beer through a straw gets you p155ed very quickly!!!

• Haha 2

My wife's relatives were with us last time and did a shopping run for us.  Jeez.  I've still got TP rolls left from back in March!!!

The only thing that was a problem last time was booze.  Even then, it was easily available at the mom and pop shops near us.  As was an abundance of food.

No stocking up this time....other than a few bottles of wine!!

Did my extension of stay as early as possible. As I don't want to get caught in some post (forthcoming) amnesty crowd. Or worse, being locked up in some "field hospital" while getting into overstay.

Edited by Boomer6969

I have started socially distancing again, had a couple of workers at my house the last few days, told them not to come within 5 meters of any of us, if they did I said I wouldn’t pay them.

I am eating at home instead of going out. And have ditched my daily coffee shop visit. Not socializing.
I also cancelled my trip up north at new year. 

There is no reported cases of covid in Phangnga still. 
My brother is in LA and tested positive when getting checked to fly out, just finding it a bit hard to breathe but no real drama.

I am concerned about the new highly infectious UK super covid strain that has now turned up in Perth and in Queensland Australia which is reeking havoc in Europe.
Daily deaths in the UK now are at where they were during March April, over 1,100 sadly passed away yesterday.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

No loo roll??

Madam keeps enough rice for the next century, freezer well stocked (will be topped up at Makro tomorrow). We won't starve.

Only got beer for a week though, have to re-stock tomorrow too.

Bought 6 litre coconut massage oil. Just in case.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In Chiang Mai,

My kids school closed yesterday until further notice.

My other kids university sent a letter to all the 'work experience' sites saying expect to lose all your free staff in the next few days.

if that isn't 'going that way', I  don't know what is.

I did buy a 36 pack of toilet rolls while I was in Makro.

What for?

My toilet has this "build-in" water cleaning backside thing.

Drying the private parts with a hair dryer.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Am I panic buying, or are these reasonable precautions?

Depends if your in a high risk area IMO I say a precaution.

If you are in a risk area then the less venturing to shops and getting close to people obviously is best.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've been out and bought,

45Kg of Jasmine rice, cheese, spaghetti, flour, 2 bottles of Gin, and a bottle of Rum.

So that's emergency food for 3 months, and booze for a month.

How about you?

Am I panic buying, or are these reasonable precautions?

As there are presently no real shortages, so you were not depriving others, I would say it is reasonable, just normal bulk buying 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

What for?

My toilet has this "build-in" water cleaning backside thing.

Drying the private parts with a hair dryer.

careful with the  hair dryer temperature, otherwise it could be roasted nuts for tea. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tonray said:

The only panic buying I ever do is when I see egfruit at some local market....so hard to find in Bangkok area...I usually buy up most of the inventory. Addicted to it...great for smoothies

eggfruit-400x267.jpg

Never seen or heard of this fruit.