Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Lockdown Hospitals, Not Malls !

Curt1591

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

My wife is now having to visit the hospital, regularly, as follow ups to recent surgery. We have never been ones to like visiting hospitals. After all, they are filled with sick people. And, that's during the best of times. 

At Thai hospitals, many patients visit with an entourage - mothers, daughters, aunts, uncles, friends and plenty of children. This is extremely annoying. But, given the covid situation, it's nuts!

Just yesterday we visited a physical therapist at a major hospital. There were maybe a half dozen patients. But, there was a couple dozen family and friends mulling around. There were also kids, running wild, climbing on all the furniture, and touching everything within their reach. I can't think of more efficient disease spreaders! 

I think it should be the hospitals that are locked down / restricted! 

Agree entirely but don't think anything will change. It's the same when shopping, I go to Tesco and there's a family of 5 or 6 all standing there blocking the way while mum is actually doing the shopping, guess it's a day out for the whole family but not too smart in these times when we should be social distancing.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:52 PM, Curt1591 said:

My wife is now having to visit the hospital, regularly, as follow ups to recent surgery. We have never been ones to like visiting hospitals. After all, they are filled with sick people. And, that's during the best of times. 

At Thai hospitals, many patients visit with an entourage - mothers, daughters, aunts, uncles, friends and plenty of children. This is extremely annoying. But, given the covid situation, it's nuts!

Just yesterday we visited a physical therapist at a major hospital. There were maybe a half dozen patients. But, there was a couple dozen family and friends mulling around. There were also kids, running wild, climbing on all the furniture, and touching everything within their reach. I can't think of more efficient disease spreaders! 

I think it should be the hospitals that are locked down / restricted! 

In Los Angeles County you can not visit your loved one in the hospital. I guess that's why god made iPads. 555

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya sent me home as I came to visit a friend who is inpatient. I understand this. But I do not understand why they did not communicate this policy and send out a press release. Even more, a big sign in the entrance hall reads: Please refrain from visiting patients. But they let you in - only to dismiss you later on the higher floor.

• Like 2