Pattaya: Foreigners and Thai bar staff taken away and charged after noisy drinks party is busted

webfact

6 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I concur

Makes me think of being in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan. Anybody caught smoking, eating or drinking during sun-up,  (fasting), times, could be jailed until the end of Ramadan, at most a month away.  Have to wonder if something similar, ie until the end of restrictions, is a bit too much.... 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

That sounds like a bit too uch, but anything is possible and they should have more sense than to risk so much.

Almost constant coverage on Thai news TV currently about covid, which naturally includes coverage of the worst affected countries and the new UK super strain spreading across the globe.

If you were a Thai sitting at home, following the rules what would you want happen to these foreigners? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

Deport them back to their own country? 

I am living in hope that this second wave will fizzle out like the first, but with idiots like these, Thai and foreign, it is less likely.

I suppose it is a bit much to expect from Pattaya hookers and mongers. 

You can read it as you wish...but I said, repeat, the same as what  happens to locals (caught doing similar). I share your hopes deeply... but instances like this were plentiful during the first wave and lockdown. The rules are less severe this time. 

28 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

If you were a Thai sitting at home, following the rules what would you want happen to these foreigners? 

At a bare minimum, they should have their fingernails gouged out! ????

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

It is NOT the new UK super strain, it is a variant ( Mutation ) that has been found in numerous countries & with people that have no recent or any travel history, stop with the exaggeration.

Maybe you missed the news in the last two weeks?

What the super strain mutants mean for the world in 2021.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-will-vaccine-work-against-uk-and-south-africa-super-strains/4deba6e3-a356-4830-9dcc-030e9f69bc79

Though so far not deemed more virulent or deadly, the two new super strains represent an increased transmission risk, and that has undeniable consequences.
And while early indications are positive, it's not yet certain if the COVID-19 vaccinesnow being deployed globally will be effective against the mutations.

• Confused 5
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

If you were a Thai sitting at home, following the rules 

If you could only find out the rules for the area you live in, we have 2 restaurants about 2 km apart (different villages same Ampoe) 1 was told to close completely (no food sales) until February, the second has no restrictions at all.

Rumors abound re travel to other provinces (eg yesterday it was said that southern provincial borders are closing tonight) the buses are still running today, all tambons are to have temperature check stations running 24 hours, none seen, and so on, and so on.

• Like 2