Thai and foreign tourists begin returning to Koh Larn - operators bullish about the future

webfact

Thai and foreign tourists begin returning to Koh Larn - operators bullish about the future

9pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Thai media Manager went to Koh Larn off the coast of Pattaya and found that tourists were beginning to return to the holiday island.

Operators there reckoned that there were about 10% of a normal weekday. 

Manager said there were both Thai and foreign tourist visitors. 

They gushed about the natural beauty of the island and its potential to recover. 

Most of the tourists were staying overnight, they said. 

It is hoped that things will pick up on the weekends and especially on the upcoming long holidays. 

9pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

The island previously attracted about 5-6,000 visitors on an average weekend and up to 10,000 for a long weekend and other more substantial holidays.

Operators there are hopeful that given the island's natural beauty and strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols the tourists would soon be flocking back and a fair percentage of previous numbers would return. 

Thaivisa notes, however, that the island will have little chance to get anywhere near figures for 2019 when the island was packed with mostly Chinese tour groups. 

These are completely absent - along with all foreign tourists - at the moment.

The big question for such places will be the willingness of Thais - and especially Bangkokians - to travel post second wave of the pandemic. 

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-03

11 hours ago, webfact said:

operators bullish about the future

i'm not an operator, but the future is still bleak as the covid has more than a trick in its sack, indeed! after the chinese variant, it mutated into the british and then into the south-african. i can't imagine it's the last mutation

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2021 at 5:15 PM, Pique Dard said:

i'm not an operator, but the future is still bleak as the covid has more than a trick in its sack, indeed! after the chinese variant, it mutated into the british and then into the south-african. i can't imagine it's the last mutation

With more and more variants they'll need to keep the country closed forever as this will never stop mutating.  Get your vaccination then get back in line the next week to get your new variant vaccination.  No country can open as long as this keeps mutating.  Safer to keep all countries closed from here on out.  Too bad about tourism.  Businessmen can use Zoom.  Things can be done online nowadays.  Cross border travel is now too risky with all the mutations and variants.  If officials aren't careful the entire world's population may end up wiped out.  I doubt that the vaccination companies will be able to keep up with the variants. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 5:15 AM, webfact said:

No social distancing or 100% mask wearing.  The future will be bullish for about a week until the news starts reporting about a spike of new cases of Covid in Koh Larn and then it's back to lockdowns, beach and business closures.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1