House Democrats ask Trump to testify at his impeachment trial

webfact

9 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Unconstitutional, but no surprise as the whole thing has been declared unconstitutional by 45 Senators, thus a conviction is impossible.  Also, Trump's lawyers have said he will not testify.

:coffee1:

This is a waste of time and money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, J Town said:

Nope. This forces the hands of the ridiculous crooked (R) Senators to go on record. They swear an oath, then they will either convict based on the facts or swear fealty to Trumpism. They are in a tight spot, cuz this will give all KINDS of ammunition against them (for those running in 2022).

Not sure. They may just repeat endlessly that It's unconstitutional to judge a former president, and avoid addressing the core issue.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Wrong AGAIN!

https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/gop-senator-calls-trumps-actions-inexcusable-but-questions-constitutionality-of-/1051456592030847/

What happens if Trump is not convicted?  

The Democrats could pass a resolution to "censure" Trump or invoke a section of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution to try and have him disqualified from holding office in the future. 

https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-politics/heres-how-trumps-impeachment-trial-likely-will-play-out

President Trump will not be convicted or otherwise prevented from running for office.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I hope he isn't prevented from running again......how sweet that will be......another crushing blow for the narcissistic, orange blimp....and he will lose to a woman....555

Gonna talk about her color, or just President Trump's? And I have to agree with your other post; you need to get out more, obviously.

Edited by ExpatOK
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Quick, cancel the Supreme court,  from now on the senate will decide the constitutionality of everything.LOL  

Well, the Supreme Court failed in their part in the process to enshrine the Trump dynasty  -  make no mistake, Donald Junior was being lined up - maybe Trump did learn something when he "fell in love" with North Korea's Kim - what deeply unpleasant imagery is created by that thought?

Anyway, the Supreme Court, thought to have been bought and paid for, bottled it. So now the bearers of the truth are the Republican Senators!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

They'll never get the stench of the incinerated fat out of the Senate chamber.

But hold on, if there is one thing DT cares about it's television ratings, and if it were advertised at least a day in advance he knows his ratings would be astronomical: the guy is true to his priorities (wealth and vanity).  Could he really resist the temptation?

They might be using a bit of reverse psychology--asking him to testify knowing that he always does just the opposite.  Giving Trump more airspace is never a good thing.  

You're right.  If Obama said he's right for not testifying, he would immediately call to have the private jet at the ready.

I also think if put in that position there's a good chance he'd go full Howard Beale.

Good point though he's elected not to take the opportunity from what I've read today .. the Almighty could well bide his time now as let's face it he's got a lot more than us and wait to give DT a smiting on the golf course .. if I was him I'd be looking at the sky and approaching the 13th with great trepidation from now on .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, rgraham said:

I thought the monkey trial had already been canceled, what is the point?

Oh no now you did it the monkeys have lodged a protest at the un complaining about beeing associated with trump the furs gonna fly!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1