Dutch firm to install debris removal devices on Chao Phraya River

webfact

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Ask them to look at the flooding problem while they are here ......................LOL

Not funny actually early 1900 a Dutch was responsible for the irrigation department. He suggested many things but unfortunately his advice was ignored until 70 + years later. https://www.rid.go.th/eng/history.php

Yes, if you have problems with flooding, ask the Dutch, they know how to take care.

I was to fast posting, Kotsak mentioned it already, see above.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, khunpeer said:

finally some good news! 

let them also do the Gulf of T'land!

actually by targeting the rivers, it helps keep the garbage out of the oceans...somthing like 80% of ocean garbage comes down the rivers. Ocean Cleanup have some great clips on youtube to show how their machines work

• Like 2

I was shocked at how much trash was in that river when I took the palace and wat tour across the river with my first thai woman.  I would say I saw more than 1 piece of plastic trash per sq meter.  I was shocked seeing this.  No way can a river that has flooding and so much boat traffic catch 60%.   I say attack this problem at the source.  Education education.  Oh wait they don't want educated masses. 

On 2/5/2021 at 2:55 PM, kotsak said:

Well, there was an attempt ages ago.. didn't go well ????

The Dutch came actually years ago with a reort/plan on how to keep Bangkok dry. I think it was the Taksin government that said, "No thanks, we can do it our selves." Yeah right!