DPM confirms Thais will start receiving vaccinations in June at a rate of 5 million doses a month

webfact

11 hours ago, Rancid said:

Well according to previous TV articles the Thai government says having the vaccine does not negate having 2 weeks in quarantine. Of interest perhaps is that the Australian government has also stated that having been vaccinated does not mean you avoid 2 weeks quarantine. So there are at least 2 countries stating that being vaccinated will not open their tourist industries, no doubt there are many others. So even if you get your jab don't be looking at visiting at least Thailand or Australia in the near future, probably not till next year.

Yes, Australia is certainly going to insist on 14-day quarantine, even for vaccinated travelers, for some time to come. What I'm hoping for is by end of this year, or early next year, I could quarantine at home, like an inter-state arrival, as I have an empty apartment in Perth, and don't want to go to a quarantine hotel where I'd have an excellent chance of contracting fkn covid. 

But, as I said above, could well be impossible to get a seat on a plane to Australia without proof of vaccination. And I may well be sitting around here for ages waiting for my turn.

Thailand will have to dispense with quarantine for vaccinated travelers if they want to recover their tourism industry. No holiday makers will do 14 days Q. Returning Thais & expats with families, business people, people for work...yes, these are long term stayers and will do 14 days Q. But those zillions of Chinese we used to see lined up at Pattaya beach or outside Bangkok's Grand Palace only come for 1-2 week hols, so 2 weeks Q is out of the question. And they are the tourists that Thailand is talking about luring again. It's not Bob from Sydney or Fritz from Berlin that they're interested in...it's those zillions of Chinese obediently lined up behind their patrol leader with his flag.

• Like 2

Big talk about being a regional hub but the first Thais won’t receive their shots until June....5 mil a month mean 2.5M vaccinated a month...

that is, the understanding that  production is not the same as being vaccinated...

by jan 1st 2022, any guesses on how many Thais will be completely vaccinated by then?

will the gov wait for heard immunity b/f dropping quarantine of foreigners? That is the most important question for foreign travelers and ex-pats who have a life outside of thailand....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The DPM urged confidence in the government’s plan to provide 5 million doses a month at no cost to the public.

Does the "public" include foreigners living in Thailand?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, DLock said:

You would have thought that AZ's biggest criteria of choosing a vaccine manufacturing partner in Thailand was a facility ready to start immediately and some experience in manufacturing vaccines.

Instead, they chose a partner with neither.

This will come back as one of the single biggest mistakes in Thailand's (and the regions) vaccine program...and no one can say a thing...

I doubt they had a choice in who was going to manufacture.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I doubt they had a choice in who was going to manufacture.

You always have a choice.

Even if that choice is to do nothing.

Time will tell if this was a good "choice" or they should have gone with another partner or even in another country...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

5 mil' a month .! Right .. the logistics of storing , transport , setting up centres , prioritising those who should be eligible first is a monumental task that will require a lot of planning and foresight .. if Anutin is in charge hope does not spring eternal that will be realised in such a short time frame ..

Anutin is doing as good a job as the officials in my other country(UK). He gets a very hard time from foreigners, who read the mistranslation of what he said a while back about farang. 

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

This I just have to see, as how is a transfer of just technology going to get the lab up and running by June.  Technology aside, where are the lab chemists going to be obtaining the actual material to make the vaccines.  Is Astrazenica also transferring samples of the vaccine with a few chemists to work alongside the Thai lab technicians who will be spinning up the vaccine itself.  Has the lab already been certified for this specific vaccine production, and the space made for the specific vaccine for Covid-19 been ensured to be of the proper specifications needed.  Have additional technicians been hired or are they shifting them from current assignments to just producing the AstraZenica vaccine?, or is just a recipe good enough and they will be making it in the kitchen like a Methamphetamine cooker makes meth?  Standing by to see what occurs, setting my calendar with a date reminder to check back in less than 4 months to see.  Making a vaccine is not as easy as he makes it seem, technology, equipment, temperature, segregated areas so no contamination can occur, and such is needed.  I was not aware SiamBioscience had already completed a dedicated lab section within the complex at 99 Moo 4, Rural Highway Road, Bangkok, or built a new production space outside of what they already have in place for their other works.  

Wish them luck.  Seems like they have put all of the eggs in one basket and Anutin has been put on the hotseat.

Why do you put yourself forward as an expert on this ?You have no idea what is going on in the background. You are just another Thai basher. Think yourself lucky you are here and not in some  place where folk are dying of Covid all around you 

You  are  a reason I don’t mix with expats generally . Too many like you who live on Thailand and not in it .

Praise be to the actions taken here to keep us safe and the discipline shown by locals in being careful not to spread this virus.

you are a sad cynical man , sitting in the wings hoping the government will fail so you can gloat over it .

Just shut up !

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

Roll up your sleeve, lab rats.

Imagine being dumb enough to allow yourself to be injected with this.

Please explain. I am going to take this when offered as I believe it is necessary to travel. Better safe than sorry, IMHO. 

15 minutes ago, Enfield said:

Why do you put yourself forward as an expert on this ?You have no idea what is going on in the background. You are just another Thai basher. Think yourself lucky you are here and not in some  place where folk are dying of Covid all around you 

You  are  a reason I don’t mix with expats generally . Too many like you who live on Thailand and not in it .

Praise be to the actions taken here to keep us safe and the discipline shown by locals in being careful not to spread this virus.

you are a sad cynical man , sitting in the wings hoping the government will fail so you can gloat over it .

Just shut up !

Exactly, well said. It's annoying listening to the Thai bashers here. 

2 hours ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

"I truly believe that sometime in the future there will be medical anthropologists and historians who will look back at this period of time at our healthcare - not only in the US, but throughout the world - and they'll say WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?..

..That they could inject their children with heavy metals, known carcinogens and viruses from animals like monkeys and cows and chickens.. and somehow think that injecting that stuff into a 7 to 10 pound infant was an improvement on their health.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? How could that population have been so seriously scammed by big organizations that have NO liability."

- Dr Sherry Tenpenny

Sounds quite clueless. What has Sherry doctored in, in case she exists and has a doctorate?

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It was the corrupt border officials fault !

Passing on the blame to cover up incompetence yet again ! 

What's going on with the investigation into boarder IO curruption, These I O are putting live at risk and should be dismissed immediately if it turns out that corruption took place.

• Confused 1