Chinese New Year’s day declared a special public holiday in Thailand

webfact

Would not have expected less the Government declaring a special public holiday

Encouraging people to travel and spend money their money

hotels and restaurants  maybe even  bars in Pattaya will be welcoming 

People from Bangkok with open arms for the long weekend 

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

when China takes over Thailand after it has taken Cambodia !

With respect, this is not really true regarding Cambodia. First, Chinese New Year is NOT a public holiday here. Yes, there is a big Chinese presence in Cambodia, especially in the gambling and associated hospitality/construction/retail sectors, but as yet have not "taken over" the country. There are other big players including Japan, South Korea, Australia, India, the USA and the Netherlands. In fact this morning I saw this article in the news media here, which I found quite interesting - decentralization of Government (in contrast to China's centralization?):

"Interior Minister Sar Kheng met with German Ambassador to Cambodia Christian Berger last Wednesday, to discuss their renewed commitment to decentralize the government by ceding more control to sub-national authorities"

I also quote PM Hun Sen from the Khmer news media dated 3 February 2021:-

Cambodia’s foreign policy is looking all around us. Cambodia doesn’t look in one direction, therefore do not look at Cambodia as being only close to China, Cambodia can work with all. Cambodia looks at all corners in our foreign policy,” 

3 minutes ago, quake said:

yes

But money talks

TIT

Well here you go.  A new Op that says it all.  IT is all under control, just like they said it would be.  Standby for 3 weeks from now in my view.  I may be totally wrong.  Stay safe.

Second wave of Covid all under control except for Bangkok and two provinces, top doc - Thailand News - Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Traders are also required to display price labels or face legal action.

since when, only places to show prices are the likes of 7-11's, supermarkets and department stores, even then the price on the shelf is not necessarily what you pay at checkout.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

restaurants and bars (that still exist) will be welcoming, are they going to lift the hotel shut-down they imposed on Pattaya

It isn't imposed, it's voluntary, it allows staff to claim benefits without losing their jobs or the hotel actually going out of business.  When customers come back, a quick phone call to the staff and they're up and running again.