All migrants living in UK eligible for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So are we suggesting that it is a really good idea to try out the "approved" under emergency use mNRA vaccine ?

From my research, the COVID mRNA vaccines are a completely new type of vaccine. No mRNA vaccine has ever been licensed for human use before. In essence, we have absolutely no idea what to expect from this vaccine. We have no idea if it will be effective or safe.

As of 12/21...

Regulatory experts convened by WHO from around the world and WHO’s own teams reviewed the data on the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine’s safety, efficacy and quality as part of a risk-versus-benefit analysis. The review found that the vaccine met the must-have criteria for safety and efficacy set out by WHO, and that the benefits of using the vaccine to address COVID-19 offset potential risks.

https://www.who.int/news/item/31-12-2020-who-issues-its-first-emergency-use-validation-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-and-emphasizes-need-for-equitable-global-access#:~:text=The World Health Organization (WHO,outbreak began a year ago.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

As of 12/21...

Regulatory experts convened by WHO from around the world and WHO’s own teams reviewed the data on the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine’s safety, efficacy and quality as part of a risk-versus-benefit analysis. The review found that the vaccine met the must-have criteria for safety and efficacy set out by WHO, and that the benefits of using the vaccine to address COVID-19 offset potential risks.

https://www.who.int/news/item/31-12-2020-who-issues-its-first-emergency-use-validation-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-and-emphasizes-need-for-equitable-global-access#:~:text=The World Health Organization (WHO,outbreak began a year ago.

https://healthimpactnews.com/2021/45-year-old-italian-doctor-in-the-prime-of-life-and-in-perfect-health-drops-dead-after-the-pfizer-mrna-covid-shot-39-year-old-nurse-42-year-old-surgical-technician-also-dead/

38 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Quick question....when you walk past someone whom you assume comes from Bangladesh, how do you know? They could well be British born a bred. Their family could have been in UK for generations. 

Incidentally, how do Thais feel when they walk the streets of Pattaya, Phuket, Samui, Nana, Patpong...etc?

Obviously I don't know. I meant all the shops, mosque, and people wearing masks made me feel like Bangladesh, where I was in 1992. 

Strange question, I have no idea what Thais think when they're walking through a tourist place. 

Incidentally, I went to open a bank account in a shopping mall yesterday and a woman came running over giving me special treatment and demanded my passport and work permit. However, she did apologize when I whipped out my Thai ID card. 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:29 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Ah multiculturalism at it's best, suffice to say there was a time in Australia that every time I tried to speak to someone in a government department they would be Indian, not that I am racist, but I don't speak Indian, "if you know what I mean". 

A lot of Greeks to in Australia also. 

They usually didn’t have jobs in government departments.

Most of them were on workers compo with bad backs. I had an ex girlfriend whose lawyer dad specialized in “Greek back” as he called it. 

No need for expats in Thailand to receive free vaccines. I don’t want or need to be supported by the Thai taxpayers. 

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Illegal immigrants should not be a part of the population, they should be arrested and deported

We all know that there large numbers of westerners living and working illegally in Thailand, many of whom teach English or run internet-based small businesses and use tourist visas or other types of visa obtained using fake documentation to stay in the country long-term. Or have simply overstayed by remaining in the Kingdom once their visa or LTE has expired.

Do you include them in the above?

On 2/9/2021 at 12:50 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Right move.

Herd immunity isn’t achieved by omitting to inoculate part of the population.

Nor by allowing in a constant stream of illegal immigrants on dinghies of unknown origin and health status.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, katana said:

Nor by allowing in a constant stream of illegal immigrants on dinghies of unknown origin and health status.

You are claiming Dan O’Mahoney, is allowing asylum seekers to cross the Channel without hinderance - would you say that to his face? - thought not. Those caught crossing would be held in detention and subject to Covid mitigation / restriction as well as assessment of their refugee claims. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Quick question....when you walk past someone whom you assume comes from Bangladesh, how do you know? They could well be British born a bred. Their family could have been in UK for generations. 

Incidentally, how do Thais feel when they walk the streets of Pattaya, Phuket, Samui, Nana, Patpong...etc?

I think the big differance between westerners  in holiday towns like you state,is that we tend to marry Thai women and integrate,wheras they marry only other Bangladesh women and try to change the country they live in ,for instance in my old home town what was once an English factory town with a church etc has now become a different land and has so many Mosques and no church .i could go on ,but i know you will just deny 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I think the big differance between westerners  in holiday towns like you state,is that we tend to marry Thai women and integrate,wheras they marry only other Bangladesh women and try to change the country they live in ,for instance in my old home town what was once an English factory town with a church etc has now become a different land and has so many Mosques and no church .i could go on ,but i know you will just deny 

What are you saying, immigrants have stopped the locals attending church?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s a big difference between ‘alloWing’ and ‘being unable to prevent’.

It’s a distinction you are clearly unable to discern.

King Canute was unable to explain to his courtiers the difference, and people have followed the ignorance of the courtiers rather than the wisdom of the king.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 4:17 PM, 7by7 said:

In this instance it's going to protect public health.

That Thailand doesn't have the same policy is no reason for the UK to copy them. In fact, to protect public health Thailand should follow us in this!

not doubting that ..just saying illigal is the  key word .. should not be in the country not using resources that are needed for our Tax paying citizens..now im in Thailand Legally if the Thai government want to vax me  id say thank you if not why should they .. Thailand doesn't owe me anything   as i said in the quote the importance..is Illegal but thanks for the reply  ..keep safe 

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

We all know that there large numbers of westerners living and working illegally in Thailand, many of whom teach English or run internet-based small businesses and use tourist visas or other types of visa obtained using fake documentation to stay in the country long-term. Or have simply overstayed by remaining in the Kingdom once their visa or LTE has expired.

Do you include them in the above?

illegal  means illegal  be it UK Thailand breaking the law ..get caught don't cry and set up a go fund me  ..my view

On 2/9/2021 at 4:40 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Lets have an unfounded ‘dig’ at Thailand shall we ?????

And... if you are in the UK paying Tax, why worry about what Thailand does ?

not having a dig at Thailand as you put it   Thailand owes me nothing .if i get the vax thanks Thailand if i don't why should i expect to   and also i said i pay UK tax  didn't say i lived there .. anyway thanks for the comments..keep safe 

12 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

not doubting that ..just saying illigal is the  key word .. should not be in the country not using resources that are needed for our Tax paying citizens..now im in Thailand Legally if the Thai government want to vax me  id say thank you if not why should they .. Thailand doesn't owe me anything   as i said in the quote the importance..is Illegal but thanks for the reply  ..keep safe 

...not working supporting British businesses, buying British goods in British shops, paying rent to British landlords...

Don't have a go at the victims of people-smuggling; have a go at the employers, customers and suppliers.

Stop buying British fruit.  Stop using British laundries.  Don't eat motorway cafe food.  Don't buy clothes manufactured in Britain...

Pay to keep the immigrants where they started.  Buy your fruit and veg, your clothes, your furniture or whatever  sourced in Bangladesh or Syria or wherever.