Do you think your changing as a person as you get older ?

20 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

I tried it once. I don’t recommend it. 

Hurt like buggery. 

speed is important and so is enough gel/lotion ????????????????????

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, jvs said:

You finally grew up.

Not everyone is born 30 years old (like I was). At least my attitudes haven't changed much though, I'm as tolerant of difference as I ever was, but also as intolerant of intolerance. I want to keep both my love and my anger at full blast until I die. 

Do not go gentle....

(64 and still as full of sh.. as ever) 

Edited by Speedhump
I'm old
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Please!  Wait until you are at least 80 before you start such philosophizing around  getting “old”.

"old" is a relative thing. All my relatives were old and nearly all dead.

• Like 1

As I fast approach 80, I have learned to take things easy. Not take offence at others when they disagree with my views, and not to force my views on others. My past has  had a few disappointments but much has had great benefits. You do still learn something new everyday and you learn to take each day as it comes. I am fortunate in being reasonably fit but youth is long gone, though not forgotten. There is also always the 'if only'. Be positive and look on the bright side, tomorrow could well be a better day. If, as I hope I make it to 90, things could possibly have been better, but I have many things to be thankful for. As the words in Frank's song say, 'I did it my way'.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I can't help to think as I'm going towards 60 how much I changed over the years .

I remember being a needy type person and that's one of the reasons I went to Thailand so many times a year so I could pay for love & companionship.

Fast forward 25 years and I seem to be changing and I don't know if that's good or bad .

Here is an example...I'm back in Australia and received a Facebook message from a old girlfriend in Thailand she would be 44yo now .

We went out together for over 12 years whilst visiting Thailand... unfortunately she ripped me off financially a few years ago so I never bothered with her again.

However she contacted me again..and even though I was deeply in love with her at that time I no longer felt anything for her ...strange how I changed ...we got into this FB live video and to see her now at her 44 when she looks 54

I decided just to be open and say to her ..sorry it's been too long make this the last time to talk .

I don't know if it's the isolation that I have become used to with covid ( living by myself) or changing with age / time .

But my attitude to people and life have changed .

I no longer care what other people think ...if I want to walk holding hands with a ladyboy I will...before I didn't .

I no longer care or concerned about people doing things others consider not right ..

It's hard to explain..but I have turned non judgmental? 

Or as I age I just go on the person not who they are ...

I don't care if someone doesn't say hello etc ..if they want to they can and I'm polite back but I no longer go chasing friends like I used to.

My views on my eventual retirement to Thailand have changed too.

I was going to Pattaya but now I'm leaning towards Udon Thani and just living by myself in a semi rural area .

I don't know if all this has become about because of getting older or living by myself during covid and been isolated for weeks by myself has made me into a less caring person who doesn't care about small stuff anymore or things that don't affect me.

I don't care anymore about guys holding hands with each other in Thailand or even anywhere else..great I say ... I used to be one of those guys always putting others down now I think it's great people are different and do what U want if it's not affecting others .

If U like lady boys then go out and enjoy it .

Farlang , being non judgemental , really ?

Must be a new species ...

Best avoided ...

I remember reading, or hearing it somewhere that by the time you reach a certain age, nothing but memories remain of your younger self, since every cell in your body is destroyed and replaced every Seven years. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I remember reading, or hearing it somewhere that by the time you reach a certain age, nothing but memories remain of your younger self, since every cell in your body is destroyed and replaced every Seven years. 

So what your saying is that there is a new me every seven years.  Wo doppelganger heaven.

21 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

To lean it on?

Fyi , there are two sizes available , six and nine inches .

On special discount @ Amazon ..555

On 3/1/2021 at 6:54 AM, jvs said:

You finally grew up.

Great to read the OP’s expression of openness, honesty, and realization. ????????????????????

Then first reaction post to the OP communicates judgment and passive aggression ——instead of communicating compassion, happiness or congratulations .????????

35 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Great to read the OP’s expression of openness, honesty, and realization. ????????????????????

Then first reaction post to the OP communicates judgment and passive aggression ——instead of communicating compassion, happiness or congratulations .????????

Did you read the OP's reaction to my comment?He has absolutely no problem with it,why do you?

I have similar feelings like the OP and i feel i finally grew up,what is wrong with that?

Not positive ,not negative but realistic i think.

Your turn,

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, georgegeorgia said:

unfortunately she ripped me off financially a few years ago so I never bothered with her again.

However she contacted me again..and even though I was deeply in love with her at that time I no longer felt anything for her

That sounds perfectly reasonable.  I've been ****ed by people in the past too whom I've totally written off including ex-wives. 

"Do you think your changing as a person as you get older ?"
Such an odd question from someone in there 60s who is just beginning to mature.  Well - Better late than never.
The bottom line is:  The Only Constant In Life Is Change. 
You can frame that and put it on your wall.  Words to live by.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Brain cells  don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, elliss said:

Fyi , there are two sizes available , six and nine inches .

On special discount @ Amazon ..555

So I have to suffer three inches over the side? Worth complaining to Amazon!

• Haha 1