Do you think your changing as a person as you get older ?

20 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

Just do what the Thais do, only tell the truth as and when it suits you, and at any other times just lie through your teeth to save face. When in Rome....

If my wife asks me why it took 2 hours to go and buy groceries, I will tell her that the bike had a flat tire and I had to push it to the garage, she doesn't need to know what I was doing at the local resort. Fight fire with fire.

and you would prefer your wife would do the same in a similar s situation?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Almost every woman I became close to used me and dumped me when they no longer had use for me.

I think learning not to trust women means that I did acquire wisdom- the wisdom to see females for what they are and not what I'd like them to be.

NB, I'm not saying every woman is untrustworthy, but seems that most I had affection for were.

Not judging, just asking. How attractive were all these women compared to you?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Don't know about TBL,

But all I could get in the UK as a young guy was a 4 .......... and I was never much better than a 6.

As a retiree in Thailand, I've always rented 9s and 10s .......... and I have aged into a 4.

In the west we had to fight the Pareto principle (aka 80/20 rule).

80% of all women want to date/sleep with 20% of the male population, and if you ain't in that 20% you have to wait for the 80% of women to reach the stage where they think they will never get what they want ............ single 37+ year old women desperate for a baby before they can't have them, older single moms ....... who'll all divorce and asset strip you in a flash because they never really wanted you or cared about you in the first place. Or worse the woman would get impregnated by one of the 20% then marry you and pretend the kid was yours.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

Just do what the Thais do, only tell the truth as and when it suits you, and at any other times just lie through your teeth to save face. When in Rome....

If my wife asks me why it took 2 hours to go and buy groceries, I will tell her that the bike had a flat tire and I had to push it to the garage, she doesn't need to know what I was doing at the local resort. Fight fire with fire.

I usually say I met some foreigner pals and had coffee or a beer with them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grecian said:

None were exceptionally attractive- just average. None were ugly either- just average.

In my 20s I was reasonably good looking but I was too shy around women to ever be successful as a "ladies" man. My first serious relationship didn't happen till I was late 20s, and I didn't even have any female friends before I was 20.

For me the biggest change as I have gotten older is my risk aversion. When I was young I would try anything... Now when I watch people doing risky things or see them online I just cringe.

Jump out of a plane, helicopter, balloon, or bridge with a parachute - no problem

Ski off-piste, jump a motocross bike off a huge hill - no problem

run my car/bike on the highways at 175mph - no problem,

Now I realize how incredibly dangerous those activities are and cringe when I see others doing them.

Sex is still fine, but all the other stupid things I have always  thought normal I see now are not normal, safe or smart...

• Like 1