Pink ID card

8 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Which DLT office accepted the pink card for license renewal? Which Office did not accept the pink card?

Khon Kaen didn't. Only yellow housebook, which some farang call "tabien bahn" ???? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What's the point in replying if you don't tell us how you found it useful?

I couldn't use it to prove my address to renew my driving license.

I couldn't use it to post a letter!

I couldn't use it to book in a hotel.

I couldn't use it to get the Thai citizen price at a National park.

Chonburi used to accept it for a DL, but have stopped.

I have used it to post a letter.

I have used it to book into hotels many times, but that became more difficult when immigration clamped down on overstay and hotels started to insist on seeing your stamp, now a bit hit and miss so just let the wife check in.

I have used it at quite a few national parks, biggest saving was 350 baht at Meaung Borang in Bangkok. Parks are a bit hit and miss.

I have used it to register at government hospitals where the system puts your photo on the appointment card and you no longer need to show ID if you have appointment. Also benefited from free flu jab and free mobile health clinic.

At the end of the day up to individuals if they see benefit or not.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Chonburi used to accept it for a DL, but have stopped.

I have used it to post a letter.

I have used it to book into hotels many times, but that became more difficult when immigration clamped down on overstay and hotels started to insist on seeing your stamp, now a bit hit and miss so just let the wife check in.

I have used it at quite a few national parks, biggest saving was 350 baht at Meaung Borang in Bangkok. Parks are a bit hit and miss.

I have used it to register at government hospitals where the system puts your photo on the appointment card and you no longer need to show ID if you have appointment. Also benefited from free flu jab and free mobile health clinic.

At the end of the day up to individuals if they see benefit or not.

Post a letter ????

Thai citizens get into National parks at a reduced rate, so this non-Thai ID has no real value. Better just to speak Thai and they'll usually let you in cheap.

I suspect that you are NOT entitled to a free flu jab but somehow cheated the system.

• Like 1

your unique id number in the yellow book and also on the pink card should also correspond with your tax id number (TIN) at least mine certainly does.

So for people not registered for tax in Thailand but need to quote a TIN number to , say and overseas bank, in order to demonstrate tax residency its a useful thing to have. The 13 digit format is correct for a Thai Tin. 

There have been many questions on this forum , in the past, about how to get a Thai TIN from the tax office. Looks like there is no need to go to the tax office just get a yellow book and pink card. 

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What's the point in replying if you don't tell us how you found it useful?

I couldn't use it to prove my address to renew my driving license.

I couldn't use it to post a letter!

I couldn't use it to book in a hotel.

I couldn't use it to get the Thai citizen price at a National park.

What’s the point in being rude to someone because you haven’t bothered to check first?

I’ve done all of the above except the National Park which I haven’t tried. There... I’ve told you. If you’d check through other threads I’ve  responded to, you’d have seen plenty of examples I’ve given.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

What’s the point in being rude to someone because you haven’t bothered to check first?

I’ve done all of the above except the National Park which I haven’t tried. There... I’ve told you. If you’d check through other threads I’ve  responded to, you’d have seen plenty of examples I’ve given.

At the national park here in Chonburi ,they let my family who were on holiday in for Thai price as well ,as they were with my wife and i .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Post a letter ????

Thai citizens get into National parks at a reduced rate, so this non-Thai ID has no real value. Better just to speak Thai and they'll usually let you in cheap.

I suspect that you are NOT entitled to a free flu jab but somehow cheated the system.

not so ,i was offered a free flu jab last year at Sri Racha govt hospital , told that so many hundred were free ,i paid so that a Thai with less money could have one . 

• Like 2

My Pink non immigrant ID card as well as my yellow book are all in Thai script.  Makes it easy when I use the card for ID at the bank.  My Thai DL's have both my name in Thai and English, unsure why they did that.  Headed over to the local Amphur next week to have my Pink ID card address changed to match the DL's.  Talked with an IO when I did my 90 day report and they told me it should be no problem.  Lets hope so, even though the address on the Pink ID card is the one that is on my yellow house book for my house in the north.

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

So the pink card obviously is a proof of your address, which some people on here are in denial of.

Just because it contains your address doesn't make it proof of address.

A Thai driving license also contains our address, do you think we can use the driving license as proof of address?

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

A Thai driving license also contains our address, do you think we can use the driving license as proof of address?

Yes you can use your driver license as proof of address, as has been posted by many on this forum, and is at immigration accepted when applying for a certificate of residence.

You think something issued by a government department is not considered a legal document?

Edited by Susco

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have read that for some unknown and undisclosed reason the DLT in Pattaya do not accept the pink ID card and yellow house book as proof of address

It was me who posted that info mid December 2020, as that was told to me by the lady behind the desk. When I went back on 24 December to actually renew my driver license, it was accepted, probably because different lady behind the desk, and they even had queue card that read " foreigner pink card".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yes you can use your driver license as proof of address, as has been posted by many on this forum, and is at immigration accepted when applying for a certificate of residence.

If the driving license is proof of address, I wouldn't need to apply for a certificate of residence at immigration, would I? I could just use my driving license. This doesn't work, so obviously what you said is wrong.

You are contradicting yourself because you don't understand what you are talking about.

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

It was me who posted that info mid December 2020, as that was told to me by the lady behind the desk. When I went back on 24 December to actually renew my driver license, it was accepted, probably because different lady behind the desk, and they even had queue card that read " foreigner pink card".

When you renewed your driving license you also gave them a yellow house book?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

I think that sums up the reasons behind the vast number of disagreements on this forum when discussion ‘official requirements’ for ‘this or that’.... 

Officers and staffers in official positions make their own interpretations of the rules and regulations, colleagues don’t care (Kraeng-jai) and won’t correct them. When Johnny Foreigner rocks up and is told ‘cannot’ or need ‘xxxx’ we blindly go forth with the belief that what we have been told is fact. 

As we all know, the reality is regulation and requirements are individual to the specific office, staffer and even day and subject to change and re-interpretation by that specific office and individual staffer at any time. 

The route cause - lack of training !

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have read that for some unknown and undisclosed reason the DLT in Pattaya do not accept the pink ID card and yellow house book as proof of address - IMO someone made a mistake and this mistake has continued through legacy (it will only be corrected when a big issue is made by someone in a position of influence).

Interesting - who is profiting because of this?

Who charges foreigners money for a free service to get a letter of residence? 

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting - who is profiting because of this?

Who charges foreigners money for a free service to get a letter of residence? 

Jomtien immigration charge 300 baht for a certificate of residence and don't give a receipt.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My Pink non immigrant ID card as well as my yellow book are all in Thai script.  Makes it easy when I use the card for ID at the bank.  My Thai DL's have both my name in Thai and English, unsure why they did that.  Headed over to the local Amphur next week to have my Pink ID card address changed to match the DL's.  Talked with an IO when I did my 90 day report and they told me it should be no problem.  Lets hope so, even though the address on the Pink ID card is the one that is on my yellow house book for my house in the north.

I think you will find pink ID can only be the address in yellow book. Its all the same information

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Well it worked at the Thai Post Office yesterday, no passport was asked for this time.

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I went to DLT on Monday to ask as 5 year is up for renewal soon, she said pink is ok but you can only use license in chonburi province. Like many expats, she believed pink ID means migrant worker and travel restrictions etc. Hopefully I will get the same girl you got when I renew next week.

I have used yellow book for buy/sell vehicle at Pattaya. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find pink ID can only be the address in yellow book. Its all the same information

I called the local Administrative office where I live now this morning and made an appointment for next Monday.  They will change the address on the Pink ID card for me to my current address and align it with my two DL's.  The lady explained that once you have a Thai ID card that the number follows you forever, you don't get a new ID card with a new number if you move, which makes sense as it is a Government document.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, and the pink card also has the number of the yellow book, so it is more like an extension of the yellow book in credit card size.

And since the yellow book is proof of address, the pink card is obviously also proof of address.

In contrast to what @jackdd claims, who clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have read that for some unknown and undisclosed reason the DLT in Pattaya do not accept the pink ID card and yellow house book as proof of address - IMO someone made a mistake and this mistake has continued through legacy (it will only be corrected when a big issue is made by someone in a position of influence).

I literally went and asked at pattaya DLT last Monday (as my 5 year renewal is due) to see what "this weeks" requirements are. The answer was YES, Pink ID can be used for license renewal. straight from the lady at the top of the stairs who checks your documents.

BUT, (there is always a but, lol) she then went on to say that the license cannot be used outside Chonburi province. It appears, like many expats, she believes a Pink ID means migrant worker and travel restrictions (I think I actually shed a tear of frustration at this point).

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

If the driving license is proof of address, I wouldn't need to apply for a certificate of residence at immigration, would I? I could just use my driving license. This doesn't work, so obviously what you said is wrong.

You are contradicting yourself because you don't understand what you are talking about.

I am not contradicted myself, someone who needs a certificate of residence has to prove his address to immigration, and immigration accepts the address on the driver license as proof.

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about