London police face backlash after dragging mourners from vigil for murdered woman

webfact

2 hours ago, polpott said:
6 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Whats your evidence for that? Are you saying women are incapable of doing the job.

This "woman" is not capable of doing the job. Massive calls for her to be removed after her Grenfell PR disaster.

Just another "massive" woke knee-jerk IMHO.

How come we keep seeing the same old short video clips? Nothing new to see here, move along now. How many were actually arrested? I read that the woman who was seen being manacled while being restrained on the ground was taken to a police van, asked for her name and address and then released. No charge. Storm in a bloody teacup but hey! now we have Bojo swinging his dick into the fray.

The vigil was declared illegal and the Met had to enforce the law. If you get stroppy, they get tough. That's what they're supposed to do.

The organizers should have done a whole lot more to make sure that the message that the gathering would be illegal was more widely spread. But they didn't. They just pouted about the Met being unwilling to kow-tow to misplaced emotions. They absolved themselves of any responsibility to the people they had gotten all wound up in the first place. And they demand accountability from the Met?

Pull the other one.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OJAS said:

What has the fact that this protest was held 6 months ago got to do with it? It was just as illegal then as it would have been now.

You must surely know that the mood music has changed massively over the past six months.

The pandemic itself an entirely new situation. It took quite a while for the politicians to get a clear idea of how much they needed to enforce, and how much they could even get away with.

Famously, the different police forces had wildly different interpretations of how they should enforce the laws. Some even came up with imaginary laws.

Now the government is grimly determined to get the population vaccinated with as few new outbreaks as possible. Emerging from lockdowns a year earlier than the EU will give the UK a massive advantage at a crucial time. It is zero surprise that they are they now taking a far tougher line.

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, colinneil said:

This thread is about the met polices actions regarding mourners at a vigil, and Their bosses pathetic response, so why are you trying to derail the thread, bringing in women are better bosses than men, when it is nothing to do with this thread.

Hold on...

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nonsense, the met police are being led by a woman who is not there because of her ability to do the job, but because of political correctness, nothing else.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The police enforce the laws as set by parliament. They do not have the choice as to which to enforce.

Some of these women were upset, some will be bruised, but how many more covid deaths will be caused by this gathering.

Freedom does not include freedom to endanger others.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Dick by name and acting like a dick, bloody disgusting behaviour by the police, especially in this case, the poor woman was murdered by 1 of their own.

Actually, she was allegedly abducted and killed by an off-duty police officer, aka a male human being.

Your panties are showing.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

The police enforce the laws as set by parliament. They do not have the choice as to which to enforce.

Some of these women were upset, some will be bruised, but how many more covid deaths will be caused by this gathering.

Freedom does not include freedom to endanger others.

Yes they do have discretion, especially at protests, they wont start arresting etc unless ordered to do it.

If you get caught jay walking and some nutter starts a gun fight i can assure you the police will use discretion to not give a rats about you.

Edited by Sujo

40 minutes ago, colinneil said:

This thread is about the met polices actions regarding mourners at a vigil, and Their bosses pathetic response, so why are you trying to derail the thread, bringing in women are better bosses than men, when it is nothing to do with this thread.

You should really calm down Im reacting to something which Sudarut  posted about women been less capable in these types of jobs than men . This is relevant to the topic because Cressida Dick is a women in a leadership job. Considering a lot of the posters are way off this topic I can not see any similar messages criticising them by you.

When unionists protest and take industrial action on safety issues they are treated much worse by the police, even when there's no lock down. Protesters being arrested is nothing new, what's new is the idea that being an 'activist' should have no disadvantages.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smithson said:

When unionists protest and take industrial action on safety issues they are treated much worse by the police, even when there's no lock down. Protesters being arrested is nothing new, what's new is the idea that being an 'activist' should have no disadvantages.

Oh, the two wrongs make a right argument.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Dick by name and acting like a dick, bloody disgusting behaviour by the police, especially in this case, the poor woman was murdered by 1 of their own.

Please show me where that has been proven. I don't follow the news closely.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

By the same token, I am certain that there are many adults who would crumble at the thought of having to take responsibility for educating a room of snotty, ungrateful and uncooperative brats

That's why sensible people don't even try.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

A 48 year old met police officer, from the diplomatic protection unit has been charged with kidnap and murder.

His name Wayne Couzens.

Edited by colinneil

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh, the two wrongs make a right argument.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Protesters often break laws and are sometimes arrested for such. It's been going on for a while now. I'm not sure the modern activist is aware of this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, colinneil said:

A 48 year old met police officer, from the diplomatic protection unit has been charged with kidnap and murder.

His name Wayne Couzens.

That must hurt the anti immigrant racists.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

That must hurt the anti immigrant racists.

That would be illogical, as the vast majority of UK names are not old Saxon, but  have immigrant origin in their history, sometimes quite recent history.  Of course racist bigots are too stupid to recognise or acknowledge that fact. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Women leave harrowing, hazardous and unhealthy jobs to men. The prejudice that stands in their way is their own prejudice (against harrowing, hazardous and unhealthy jobs).

That just proves they're more sensible than many men.

I've also managed to leave harrowing, hazardous and unhealthy jobs to other men.

Edited by OswaldBastable
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Women leave harrowing, hazardous and unhealthy jobs to men. The prejudice that stands in their way is their own prejudice (against harrowing, hazardous and unhealthy jobs).

Nope to all the above

• Like 2

9 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

I think the perception is that the police did not carry out its duty to protect women in London, and when that failure is made public and protested against, then the police choose to carry out its duty under Covid laws. It appears that some duties are more convenient to carry out than others.

It wasn't a protest. It was a vigil, in memoriam. Even royalty was there.

They had the choice to escalate, or de-escalate. They chose to escalate.

Edited by BusyB
added escalation
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

Right so all those female: nurses, police officers, ambulance crew, soldiers, victim councilors, public toilet cleaners.......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nonsense, the met police are being led by a woman who is not there because of her ability to do the job, but because of political correctness, nothing else.

13 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Whats your evidence for that? Are you saying women are incapable of doing the job.

Cressida Dick rather rose to prominence after her disastrous attempts to control a fast moving fluid pursuit of what was (mistakenly) believed to be a suicide bomber using hopelessly inadequate communications from an upstairs office in New Scotland Yard.

I don't think that women are incapable of doing the job, I think that it is becoming increasingly obvious that Dame Cressida Dick is.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Cressida Dick rather rose to prominence after her disastrous attempts to control a fast moving fluid pursuit of what was (mistakenly) believed to be a suicide bomber using hopelessly inadequate communications from an upstairs office in New Scotland Yard.

I don't think that women are incapable of doing the job, I think that it is becoming increasingly obvious that Dame Cressida Dick is.

Don't forget the Grenfell debacle when most people were of the opinion that she should have been dismissed.

10 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

he meant to say "allegedly" of course....

I have no special trust for the police or the court system which tends to reward bad behaviour too often. Property damage seems more important than physical assault. Maybe it is because I am a boring, middle-aged, usually law-abiding person.....

Is it only I who gets fed up with the constant WOKE whingeing.....?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And your evidence that the women at the vigil were paid to attend is?

I think the evidence of the ACAB signs leans weight on a hijacked peaceful demonstration and i don't think genuine women and men shout all cops are bas..... in the face of officers in peaceful mournful protests. Check out youtube for it if you like

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1