Thai PM gets first shot of AstraZeneca vaccine after safety scare

webfact

13 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

And today three major countries in Europe have decided to stop using this vaccine.  Expect there may be a few second thoughts going around at this time.

Nevertheless, Thailand will push ahead regardless of the risk. 

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is the route out of the COVID situation.

I'm glad Anutin / Prayuth have risen above the hysterics we're seeing in the EU, they are to be congratulated for that - a rare occurrence.

The EU is going to pay a huge price for their hesitancy in the coming 12 months.

I think they finally figured out that they need to quit screwing around, plus, it is AZ after all. They need to get going, and they need to counter any negative public opinion of the vaccines in general.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

And today three major countries in Europe have decided to stop using this vaccine.  Expect there may be a few second thoughts going around at this time.

Surprised to see you pushing twaddle like this, lop. Total over-exaggeration by the usual euro suspects. Politically motivated and/or envy. Take your pick. I mean, when you have fewer than 40 people with an issue (likely unrelated) when literally millions have gone without incident... The reason it is highlighted over Pziser and others - which will have similar coincidences since statistically people have blood issues by default whether they have vaccine, pint of beer, an ice-crea, take your pick - is the above.

And, meanwhile, people in continental Europe are desperate to get some protection during their third wave, while out-of-touch politicians/bureaucrats mess with their lives.

Edited by daveAustin

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Surprised to see you pushing twaddle like this, lop.

I was not intending to push anything - I stated a new and relevant fact.  Obviously some believe there is an issue but being from the former land of Trump can well understand it may be more political than medical.  If I had the chance to have that vaccine I would take it - but that is my opinion.

So far, we only see the world politicians and leaders are getting the vaccines like it’s the beginning of vaccines endgame. However, there isn’t yet any actual data or evidence to know for sure whether the vaccines actually reduce infections amount of a symptomatic carriers. Good luck!

Edited by raccos21
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 1:36 PM, ikwiljou said:

Thailand's health minister said on Monday the rollout would resume after many countries had said there were no blood clot issues with the vaccine. "

Don't they read the latest news from Europe and Indonesia?

They only read the news from WHO who said that 'Astrazeneca is safe'.

I tend not to trust WHO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crazykopite said:

But everyone else will get the Chinese vaccine If it’s that good why did the PM not have it 

The Chinese vaccine was tested to be safe for age group 18-59 in Brazil , Turkey and Indonesia.

The Thai PM is over that age. There are  insufficient clinical trials for age 60 and above yet.

The Thai deputy PM Anutin is under that age and so he already took it late last month.

The Indonesian PM Joko also took it in January because he is 59 years old.

Edited by EricTh

I live in a small village in Kanchanaburi Province.

My local health centre have just called me to ask if I want to have the covid-19 vaccine when they get their supply.

They do not know when it will arrive but it will be free of cost.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1