State Quarantine Will Be Shortened to 10 Days

rooster59

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Based on the initial proposals before they were ratified, I think it's not less than 14-days and not more than 3 months prior to travel.

Seems to me:

- Wait 14 days after 2nd jab OK.

- But enter LOS before 3 months after vaccination completed not OK. I wonder where Anutin or whoever it is gets this concept from?

I realize that there may be a need for a booster and not surprising, and this has been mentioned by the global researchers etc., several times, along with comments like '...after 1 or 2 years'.  But not 3 months.  

In the detailed media report yesterday the 30 days aspect wasn't mentioned, I hope someone in authority has cancelled this concept. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Seems to me:

- Wait 14 days after 2nd jab OK.

- But enter LOS before 3 months after vaccination completed not OK. I wonder where Anutin or whoever it is gets this concept from?

I realize that there may be a need for a booster and not surprising, and this has been mentioned by the global researchers etc., several times, along with comments like '...after 1 or 2 years'.  But not 3 months.  

In the detailed media report yesterday the 30 days aspect wasn't mentioned, I hope someone in authority has cancelled this concept. 

This is one report on 3 month validity. Likely to be more similar reports.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/health/2021/03/05/covid-vaccine-immunity-wont-last-forever-but-doesnt-need/4595171001/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I will be convinced you've "found other places closer and less painful to do long hours of flight" when you actually go and do it.

A total of six of my friends have re-entered Thailand in the past six weeks, three from the UK, two from the US and one from Indonesia. They all commented how easy it was to organize and especially how efficiently they were processed on arrival. No whining, gloomy, Thai-bashing ball ache involved.

When your friends go home will they have to go into quarantine?

17 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Thanks but please note "

People who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 can breathe a sigh of relief. At least for a few months.

That's about how long Lana Dbeibo, director of vaccine initiatives for Indiana University, can say, with certainty, immunity from vaccination will last. That doesn't mean it won't last longer. But length of immunity from vaccination is one of the many things about this new disease that scientists are still learning.

QUOTE: "The most accurate answer I can definitively give is more what we can get from studies that were done, where participants were followed for three to four months," Dbeibo said. "That's the minimum we know it lasts. After that, we don’t have any hard scientific evidence immunity lasts beyond, not because it doesn’t but because we don’t have data."

Key point is that the comment is based on people who were vaccinated 3 to 4 months and no more, because they don't have any longer-period data. Also mentioned 'we are still learning', a point which I think/hope most people realize. 

I have no advanced medical knowledge but it seems to me (just my opinion, nothing more) boosters may be needed and that's already mentioned by several global scientists, including mention of a booster maybe every year or every 2 years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thanks but please note "

People who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 can breathe a sigh of relief. At least for a few months.

That's about how long Lana Dbeibo, director of vaccine initiatives for Indiana University, can say, with certainty, immunity from vaccination will last. That doesn't mean it won't last longer. But length of immunity from vaccination is one of the many things about this new disease that scientists are still learning.

QUOTE: "The most accurate answer I can definitively give is more what we can get from studies that were done, where participants were followed for three to four months," Dbeibo said. "That's the minimum we know it lasts. After that, we don’t have any hard scientific evidence immunity lasts beyond, not because it doesn’t but because we don’t have data."

Key point is that the comment is based on people who were vaccinated 3 to 4 months and no more, because they don't have any longer-period data. Also mentioned 'we are still learning', a point which I think/hope most people realize. 

I have no advanced medical knowledge but it seems to me (just my opinion, nothing more) boosters may be needed and that's already mentioned by several global scientists, including mention of a booster maybe every year or every 2 years.  

Indeed. 

Maybe that's why the current advice is for a 3 month validity. It is a moving target and likely to be extended, but only when further data is available. If they had indicated, say. a one year validity period from the outset many would have been on their back questioning such a lengthy period and indicating that it is not justified by 'the data'.   

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

My situation is almost exactly the same. Kaiser is ready to give me the shots, but I may have to get something here to even get on a plane to SFO. My Non-O by reason of retirement rolls over in December. I need to do some estate planning in person in CA (because I'm 81 and this is no joke), see grandkids I've never seen in person, ideally do a stopover in Europe on the way back here (though that is probably a dream at this point). And the insurance requirement?

Alternatively I could stay right here in Bangkok till next year. Might not be the worst thing. This town is never going to be so empty or accommodating again.

As you are planning to go to the States and the UK which are clearly some of the places in the world who are the most poorly dealing with covid you may be better off staying in BKk ill doubt you would be on the reduced Quarantine list with that itinerary 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, starky said:

My concern would all the asq hotels charging the same fee for 10 days as they do for 16. Call me cynical but...and like atm does 10 days mean 11 days? Does 7 mean 8 etc etc. I'm stoked with the news but dubious on the execution. 

i think its 10 days( 11 days 12 nights)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roo860 said:

How many people a day are getting vaccinated against Covid in the UK? Seem to be dealing with it very well.

Read the fine print does it not mention countries with mutant variants? Was there not just a massive hullabaloo about a potentially more infectious variant of covid? It was only a few weeks ago too. Now where was that found and what was that called again? It was the something variant,

Memory fails me.

Edited by starky

we ALL need to ask nearest Thai Embassy and also double check the hotel for what we can do and how long we quarauntine.

for example Africa departures will be 14 days, not allowed out at all.

the hotel needs to confirm before you pay anything 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, starky said:

Read the fine print does it not mention countries with mutant variants? Was there not just a massive hullabaloo about a potentially more infectious variant of covid? Now where was that found and what was that called again?

Memory fails 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Brazil......and its been found on numerous countries. 

Yep and probably not many of them will be getting the 7 day let off either and let's not forget South Africa but as I said to another poster are you trying to tell me that there is a specific variant known as the UK variant? Doesn't many how many countries they spread it too. Please. Give me a break.

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Yep and probably not many of them will be getting the 7 day let off either and let's not forget South Africa but as I said to another poster are you trying to tell me that there is a specific variant known as the UK variant? Doesn't many how many countries they spread it too. Please. Give me a break.

Come October and the high season they will be opening up to anyone who has been vaccinated whether you still can’t sleep at night with the worry or not. 

Sounds like you could do with a break. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

10 days means 10 full 24 hr (00:00rs to 24:00 hrs) periods.

Check in on day Zero.

Check out on day 11 

Total 11 nights. 

So 2400 hours of fun in the LED, fluorescent sun light, or with your blinds open like a cat on the windowsill 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said the 14-day quarantine period would remain in places for arrivals from countries where the Covid-19 virus has mutated, which is a global concern.

So whitch coundry is not mutated? St. Kitts and Nevis? You can expect many tourist from there! All 50k population come here to help ! 

Edited by 2 is 1

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So 2400 hours of fun in the LED, fluorescent sun light, or with your blinds open like a cat on the windowsill 

My asq had a balcony and I was allowed out to walk in the garden twice a day for an hour? So tell me more about your asq experience..

42 minutes ago, Scofield said:

Seems the bit about being allowed out of the room on the first day as much you want was BS. The virus mutation doesn’t make sense, nearly every country has a variant. 

No one would let you out of your room before your first test results come through I would imagine . But rapid pcr results come back in a day now so maybe day 2 or 3.

37 minutes ago, Scofield said:

The virus mutation doesn’t make sense, nearly every country has a variant.

Correct. I believe that the UK variant is the dominant strain in the US now.

Subsequent to the CCSA meeting on Friday 19th,chaired by Prayut, this announcement was made:

"Lastly, the relaxation of state quarantine measures has been approved in principle. The mandatory 14-day quarantine has been reduced to 10 days for people coming to Thailand from foreign countries with no cases of Covid-19 variant strains and deemed as low tisk. Foreigners coming from Covid-19 variant strain countries will continue to perform 14 days of state quarantine and conduct RT-PCR tests three times as usual."

So, no variant strains and low risk, which rules out most Western countries. I guess that most of us will continue with 14 days quarantine for a while longer. Maybe China and S.Korea will get on the list?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

Well given that most countries don’t have facilities to test for mutations, how will they know?

Hopefully the UK will not be on the list as I may want to go back in summer to get vaccinated and take care of stuff

A 3rd wave is sweeping through France, Germany and Italy, I can’t see many European countries being on the the list including the U.K. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1