MT Immigration & DLT Questions

I'm making my way to the Muang Thong Immigration next week to get that Certificate of Residence to renew my 5 year Thai Driver's License and if they don't get their website up soon, I understand I can do my 90-day report there, correct?

and...I understand that COR is free, but they try to charge. What the going rate?

and...does anyone know if there's on-site parking or anything close & convenient to MT Immigration?

and...I understand my Thai Social Security Insurance does not cover the medical certificate for the driver's license renewal (they charge 360 baht) which is reasonable, but does there happen to be a cheap/convenient clinic near MT Immigration to get that medical certificate?

and...I usually renew my license at the HQ near Jatujak/Mochit and have never had any problems except for long waits. I understand I can now renew my license at other locations, and there's a DLT (Bangkok Area 4 NongJork Area) not far from my home. I renewed my car registration book there once & it was pretty quick. Does anyone have any experience renewing a driver's license there?

and...that's it. Sorry for so many questions my friends, just thought I would try to get all this information in one shot.

Thanks for the help!

Yes residence certificate is obtained at MTT. It cost 200baht and they mail it with tracking. Mine took couple of days. They will tell you it can take up to 2 weeks.

The 90 day reports are also done at MTT.

You can make a booking. You can't make booking for both so just make it for the 90 report.

You do your 90 report first as  your RC requires your 90 report. The issue with that is you need go downstairs to have it photocopied and that queue can take time. There is parking at MTT.

As for DL you need to go early. At Chatuchak you go at 7.30am as they currently only issue certain number of queue numbers per day. Most clinics provide the 'medical' cost should be 150baht. Link for making a booking.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2