What's the best thing to do in Thailand during Spring?

18 minutes ago, Jillie Norman said:

I love spring season, and there are countries where this is extra special. How about in Thailand? What's the best thing to do during Spring?

As 1fickyone said, stay inside in air conditioning. Its not called Spring here its called the hottest season. Temperatures will be above 35 and rarely below 26 for the next 2 months. 

• Like 2

Weather report shows the magic 40 C (104 F) for the weekend.

Not really feels like spring.

No spring here. I remember well how "cold" it still was in February and now fearing the torching heat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

There is no spring in Thailand, we have 3 seasons, hot, wet, "cold". 

really?  I thought it was 'hot and wet',  'hot and dry' and 'a bit of both, but cooler, sometimes, but not always' 

7 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Spring in Thailand equates with the April happening where people throw water at everyone else, cars are stopped at drunken village checkpoints and water are thrown inside on all the occupants, women are groped in the masses of the streets and tourists run around with water cannons and have no idea what this is all about, only that they get a chance to have some water fun in the murdering heat.

Families stand with water hoses and buckets by the roadsides and throw/spray water at passing vehicles and motorcycles that subsequently crash and burn further down the road, happily laughing at the merriments produced.

Not this year.

Government has forbidden it due to an expected water shortage. Didn't happen last year, either due to Covid19.

The spring you know in the West is definitely not spring anywhere in Thailand and as others have said it is the hot and mostly dry season.

But the advice being to stay indoors with the aircon on all day is not what i do. My Thai wife does!

Like most things in life it's "horses for courses". Everybody is different and if you are like me, maybe the heat suits you. I even go out biking 30 or 40kms in the heat of the day but I draw the line at 45C. No, I am not stupid. I drink plenty of water, before I go out, take water with me and drink a lot when I return.

So the answer to your question as it relates to this time of year in Thailand will be determined by your comfort thresholds. And obviously what you do and where you go will likely reflect your interests.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Up North it can be pretty cold.

Where you talking about ? In the mountains? Or just up North? Unfortunate most places is covered in smoke until the rain season kicks in for good. 

We had a big rain here in Chaiyaphum three nights ago, and still a bit chill at the moment with 33c. It was actually a bit cold this morning around 24c ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Are you describing my "friend's" girlfriend?

Thats how it is going with every woman if you can not fulfill her needs, make her dreams come true, or satisfie her. Some is more demanding and more expensive than others. You go for a 10, and she knows she is a 10, you have to work for it to keep her that warm, wet and hot.