Phuket officials, tourism leaders in united push for mass vaccinations, July 1 reopening

snoop1130

There is no intention of the WHO and those behind it to endorse international travel with or without a vaccine. What they are saying is masks and social distancing will still be required because vaccines do not provide immunity instead they ameliorate symptoms. Then there are the variants waiting on the sidelines to be introduced as and when required. 

But for those who have high hopes for the "freedom" passport it's not all bad news. Boris has floated the idea that pubs might only allow those with a passport to enter.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christie Paul said:

But for those who have high hopes for the "freedom" passport it's not all bad news. Boris has floated the idea that pubs might only allow those with a passport to enter.  

Who is Boris? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

Every time that you see something about loss of tourism and people suffering from lack of tourist $ etc, they have to quote Phuket. In fact, anything new even in the way of immigration and most government relations, usually starts in Phuket. Why is Phuket so special? There’s nothing, IMO anyway, remotely special about Phuket other than it being an overpriced island with decent beaches. Poverty caused by lack of tourism is everywhere in Thailand so why should there be special privilege given to Phuket? 

Probably because itsPhuket Governor speaking

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

The good ones!!!

Yeah, this is what worries me more than anything right now. I live in Pattaya and if they go ahead with this cockamamie scheme there then, as things currently stand,  you'll have two choices. Accept whatever vaccine they've been able to source at short notice, almost certainly one of the ineffective Chinese versions, or don't get vaccinated. Maybe the private hospitals will secure stocks and we'll be able to pay for proper vaccines, but they've been rattling on about choices and prices for months, and yet I still haven't heard of anyone having received a western vaccine privately here. The bottom line is that the Thai authorities are quite willing to risk the lives and well-being of the older expats living here, as well as their own people, some of whom will be smart enough not to want to put a Chinese vaccine in their veins, just so that grubby bar owners and seedy hoteliers can open and accommodate a bunch of sex-starved, virus-ridden tourists.

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Most Thais, including me, don't want foreigners here yet, because of the pandemic, especially Chinese and Americans. Be a man and accept what you can't change and don't risk our lives for the sake of money. 

Best wait until next year and try to attract domestic tourists for now. I'm loving the beaches right now ????

But European and UK foreigners would be OK?  Jeez....

Where can domestic travelers (Thais and Foreigners living elsewhere in Thailand) line up to get the vaccine (the safe ones) before visiting Phuket and mixing with the dirty vaccinated foreigners? 

I think I will immediately have to put my travel plans on hold.  Sad because I had planned to take advantage of the plane-ticket promotions right now.

Edited by Xonax

48 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Most Thais, including me, don't want foreigners here yet, because of the pandemic, especially Chinese and Americans. Be a man and accept what you can't change and don't risk our lives for the sake of money. 

Best wait until next year and try to attract domestic tourists for now. I'm loving the beaches right now ????

I’m sure I seen an article recently stating that the majority of Thais would like the country to open up and allow tourists in ?

Your lives will not be put at risk, if your read the article on Phuket News they did state the island would not be openly receiving tourists from all over the world, it will only be low risk countries with low infections, counties that probably have less reported cases than Thailand.

If anything the biggest concern will be from these low risk countries Thailand will be targeting, it will be those counties that need to be convinced Phuket is a safe place for its citizens to visit. It will certainly not be the choice of a few selfish Phuket locals who want the beach’s to themselves.

39 minutes ago, PeeJayEm said:

So silly.  Being vaccinated does not stop you carrying and spreading the virus.

But on the other hand, you stand a 95% chance of surviving Covid, i.e. avoiding hospitalisation, so I would say something like this is better than nothing IMO.

• Sad 2