Thailand expects 40 million international tourists by 2024

webfact

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So I can expect two and a half more years of 5-Star hotel rooms in Phuket for $20-$40; I'm not complaining. 

Can you send a link to any 5 star hotel in Phuket giving out rooms for $20 / 600 Baht a night please, plan on taking a vaccation with family in end April. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, saakura said:

Can you send a link to any 5 star hotel in Phuket giving out rooms for $20 / 600 Baht a night please, plan on taking a vaccation with family in end April. 

The $20 range is more in the 4-Star category...5-Star is more $30 -$40. I don't want to violate the Forum's advertising rules by promoting specific properties publicly but if you PM me, I will share some of the places I've stayed this past month and have booked for the the next.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I may have to go shoot myself if I read one more story predicting 40M this , 20M that...

At the end of the day, nobody really knows how travel will rebound, you might as well just break out the crystal ball.

Of course things will improve as countries get their vaccination programs rolled out, and people feel more comfortable traveling.

But how fast folks finances recover, and how much they want to spend on a long haul trip, I think is in the realms of pure speculation.

So try not to look years into the future, maybe just concentrate on a 6 months rolling forecast, which given all forecasts is destined to be wrong, but it'll be less wrong than trying to forecast 2 years hence

I completely agree that nobody has any idea what will happen. 

But American companies also want to have projections, forecasts etc.. some want rosy projections,  some pessimistic- but nobody wants to accept that we simply don't know 

16 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

This has been the case since last March. Number of travel bubbles actually started with Thailand? Zero. 

Bubbles can just about work between two countries with low infection rates and no land borders, but many bubbles started have been cancelled

lots of talks & bubbles.

NO action and hence NO results

Why don't they wait until people have been vaccinated 

And the Corivirus numbers around the world are decreasing 

Then maybe come out with some realistic future numbers on when tourists will be arriving here in Thailand ?

We are hearing different numbers daily with out any good reasons why

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

But how fast folks finances recover, and how much they want to spend on a long haul trip, I think is in the realms of pure speculation.

From my point of view, I think governments in Asia got it wrong, Thailand had about 28,000 infections thus far with 82 deaths if memory serves me correct, now that is 0.29%. 

Before anybody pounces off of their springboard, yes those rates are with their borders closed, so the question is, how high would the mortality rate be if they opened up their borders, no doubt higher, but enough to warrant sinking their economies ? 

Make of that what you will, a lot of fear out there, and we all know what fear does, or do we ?

This is an extract from WHO with the entire link below:

Very low infection fatality rates seem common in Asian countries.8,11,29,48,49,51,59,61,67 A younger population in these countries (excluding Japan), previous immunity from exposure to other coronaviruses, genetic differences, hygiene etiquette, lower infectious load and other unknown factors may explain these low rates. The infection fatality rate is low also in low-income countries in both Asia and Africa,44,49,66,67 perhaps reflecting the young age structure. However, comorbidities, poverty, frailty (e.g. malnutrition) and congested urban living circumstances may have an adverse effect on risk and thus increase infection fatality rate.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/99/1/20-265892/en/

18 hours ago, webfact said:

It won't be until at least 2024 before Thailand’s tourism rebounds to that before the pandemic, according to the country’s finance minister.

No doubt coming for the fresh air.???????????? 

Screenshot_20210326_074648_com.airvisual.jpg

• Haha 2

Headline says 'by 2024', which to me implies all of 2021, 2022, 2023. 

text in article says 'in 2024'. 

I am confused, but not enough to know that this sort of statement from any government minister is meaningless. No one knows what's going to happen next week, let a!one in 3-4 years.

Statements for the sake of something to say and the media laps it up.

• Thanks 1