Covid-19 Outbreak at another Market in Bangkok

webfact

e74a5f33593723540e04495129454c11_small.jpg

Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has found Covid-19 spread from two vendors at a wet market in Saphan Sung district to five family members early this month.

CCSA assistant spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangson said on Monday that the disease was first confirmed in a male meat vendor, 39, at the market. The native of Klong Sam Wa district sourced meat in nearby Pathum Thani province.

According to Dr Apisamai, the vendor started developing symptoms on March 11 and his test came back positive on March 18. He transmitted the disease to his 37-year-old wife who is also a meat vendor in Saphan Sung. The wife tested positive for Covid-19 on Saturday and was asymptomatic.

She said another case in Saphan Sung is a woman, 57, who sold lottery tickets near the meat vendor. She had symptoms on March 17 and tested positive on March 22. She transmitted the disease to four family members.

nnt.jpg

Markets are a place where people congregate in mass numbers and there is very little social distancing.  Bags are touched by all, Delivery people come and go and then of course you have the mask less folks that are sneezing, coughing or wiping their faces without sanitizing, and I am talking about the customers.  Most of the vendors I have seen at Klong Toei, and the market in Huai Khwang are wearing masks or at least the face shields.  I have yet to see any sanitizing occurring on the floors or counter tops.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

cold environment.. viruses love cold environments!

Sure, but why meat? I'm sure there are plenty of other cold factory environments, yet not prone to outbreaks. David Benatar said epidemics like Covid was a consequence of the way humans treat animals. He was not only referring to meat factories but also to how Covid originated.

1 hour ago, Petey11 said:

And the enforced confinement/isolation away from home in a centre or hospital is no encouragement to get tested unless you are feeling quite unwell/sick. If you have mild symptoms you're going stay at home and self medicate.

As I and many others have been saying for a long time, thank you for seeing it as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, overt2016 said:

Why is it that Medical spokespersons

are nearly always women.

Has Anutin given male spokespersons a bad name?

They have to give the male population something pretty to look at so they watch the news being reported, not sure if they hear anything over the drooling they do while watching....

Image result for homer simpson drooling

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

They have to give the male population something pretty to look at so they watch the news being reported, not sure if they hear anything over the drooling they do while watching....

Image result for homer simpson drooling

Call her pretty ?

9 hours ago, JackGats said:

There is an eerie connection to meat. Several bad outbreaks in meat factories in Germany and Britain. Reason still unclear I think.

Some reports attribute it to poor ventilation. Workers may be less likely to use hand sanitister as they are working with meat. The exchange of money may also cause it to spread.  Poor habits with masks won't be helping either. 

7 hours ago, Petey11 said:

And the enforced confinement/isolation away from home in a centre or hospital is no encouragement to get tested unless you are feeling quite unwell/sick. If you have mild symptoms you're going stay at home and self medicate.

It's a double edged sword. Just look at the US and Europe with their freedom to "stay home and self isolate". Look at how that's worked out for them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

It's a double edged sword. Just look at the US and Europe with their freedom to "stay home and self isolate". Look at how that's worked out for them. 

Quite agree with you on that. Even in the UK there are people who will not go and get tested because they dont want to isolate as required by law. Only advantage is that EU and USA have a clearer idea of the incidence of covid in the community 'due to testing. Uk is now recording over a million tests per day, a mix of PCR and rapid cross lateral flow testing, so figures of 4-6000 a day is actually quite low considering the number of test carried out.

Many meat vendors or meat factory workers got the virus, Thailand, England, USA, also Germany, could it be a karmic thing ?

Killing and inflicting pain on animals and profiting from killing animals is pretty bad karma.

We get back what we sow.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karuna said:

Many meat vendors or meat factory workers got the virus, Thailand, England, USA, also Germany, could it be a karmic thing ?

Killing and inflicting pain on animals and profiting from killing animals is pretty bad karma.

We get back what we sow.

So if I kill a plant to eat it, I guess its the same then, as the plants are screaming as well and pain is being inflicted with the sharp knife used to cut them or the strong grip to pull them up from their roots....Time to become a realist sir.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So if I kill a plant to eat it, I guess its the same then, as the plants are screaming as well and pain is being inflicted with the sharp knife used to cut them or the strong grip to pull them up from their roots....Time to become a realist sir.

Nope Thailand Ryan, plants don t have consciousness, so they don t feel pain.

Or wouldn´t you agree that sticking a knife in a dog is somewhat different from cutting off a flower ....?

9 hours ago, Karuna said:

Nope Thailand Ryan, plants don t have consciousness, so they don t feel pain.

Or wouldn´t you agree that sticking a knife in a dog is somewhat different from cutting off a flower ....?

Young sunflower plants are aware of the position of the sun and follow it's path during the day so it 's making a conscious decision to do so.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:13 AM, JackGats said:

Sure, but why meat? I'm sure there are plenty of other cold factory environments, yet not prone to outbreaks. David Benatar said epidemics like Covid was a consequence of the way humans treat animals. He was not only referring to meat factories but also to how Covid originated.

Because factories are limited to employees, markets are public spaces.