Court Revokes B35bn Compensation Order on Yingluck

snoop1130

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Court spares ex-PM Yingluck from having to pay rice compensation

000_QS8K4.jpg

File / Former Thai prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra / AFP

Thailand’s Central Administrative Court ruled today (Friday) that an order, issued by the Finance Ministry in 2016, demanding that former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra pay 35 billion baht compensation to the state for losses incurred in her administration’s scandalous government-to-government rice deals.

The court reasoned that the irregularities occurred at the operational level, while Yingluck was only involved in the memoranda of understanding for the trade agreements and that she had nothing directly to do with actual transactions.

The court also said that the Finance Ministry had no evidence to prove that Yingluck had done anything which had damaged the state.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/court-spares-ex-pm-yingluck-from-having-to-pay-rice-compensation/

Logo-top-.png

"The court reasoned that the irregularities occurred at the operational level, while Yingluck was only involved in the memoranda of understanding for the trade agreements and that she had nothing directly to do with actual transactions."

In other words accountability doesn't apply to yingluck.

But lets' be honest the same could be said in regard to many of Thailand's PMs and many politicians.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Court spares ex-PM Yingluck from having to pay rice compensation

What's the difference, She's Not here so it doesn't matter even if the court would've said that she Had to pay 35 Bill. thai Logic?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

What's the difference, She's Not here so it doesn't matter even if the court would've said that she Had to pay 35 Bill. thai Logic?

Well not only is she not here she wouldn't have been paying it anyway. Good to be an elite in Thailand.

54 minutes ago, starky said:

Well not only is she not here she wouldn't have been paying it anyway. Good to be an elite in Thailand.

Yingluck is an "elite" for sure...

But she's no longer "in Thailand".

And let's hope it stays that way.

The Shinawatra's are corrupt to the bone every last one of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Unlike our current government of course. Pure as driven snow.

Governments are just different degrees of bad and/or incompetent.

Sure, there are some exceptions... Finland for example.

Would you want to live in Finland?

2 minutes ago, DeaconJohn said:

Governments are just different degrees of bad and/or incompetent.

Sure, there are some exceptions... Finland for example.

Would you want to live in Finland?

Don't know would I. Where we going with this? You were the one saying all the Shins were no good lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

It makes a difference - the government had already seized all her assets in Thailand: houses, land and bank accounts, to go towards paying the compensation. These should presumably now be returned (assuming the judgement stands).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, starky said:

Don't know would I. Where we going with this? You were the one saying all the Shins were no good lol

"Where we going with this?"

I'm not going anywhere... I'm happy in Thailand.

For people seeking a government "pure as driven snow", Finland might be the place to go.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, George Aylesham said:
15 hours ago, champers said:

This is the Government that has written into law their own immunity from prosecution.

Congratulations - they've take a page out of the current British government practice.

The difference being that, in the UK, when the gub'ment changes, the constitution doesn't get re-written to remove the immunity retroactively.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

At last the courts have been honest, and not just working for the junta government, Yingluck was not responsible for the crooked Thais that chose to profit from a scheme to help the farmers.

Well, the scheme was officially legit, as it had been voted by the parliament. However, it is quite surprising as courts usually didn't have much concern about fairness when it was about the Shins. There may be some backgroung about it, but we'll never know.....

On 4/2/2021 at 11:51 PM, webfact said:

The court also said that the Finance Ministry had no evidence to prove that Yingluck had done anything which had damaged the state.

who is surprised? i'm not, not yingluck either, i guess. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

who is surprised? i'm not, not yingluck either, i guess. 

"The court also said that the Finance Ministry had no evidence to prove that Yingluck had done anything which had damaged the state."

The mother of all incorrect information and lies.

7 hours ago, starky said:

Glad your happy, many Thai people are not and given a choice in a free and fair election the shins would win in a landslide. 

Anyone that would suggest the Thai people are better off now than under the shins imo is wrong.

What a great idea, take Thailand back to elections won on bought votes and mass corruption, just great.

At the same time I'm not suggesting that the current army platoon are doing much good. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

What a great idea, take Thailand back to elections won on bought votes and mass corruption, just great.

At the same time I'm not suggesting that the current army platoon are doing much good. 

Bought votes are far better than votes taken at the point of a gun.  And both sides were buying votes and paying someone to vote doesn't guarantee they will vote the way you want them to and you can't deny the shins were insanely popular and ...I could go on but you get the idea

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It makes a difference - the government had already seized all her assets in Thailand: houses, land and bank accounts, to go towards paying the compensation. These should presumably now be returned (assuming the judgement stands).

Yea right ,they will keep all that for all the Legal costs and she's a fugitive . 

If she returns to Los she will Face court and than only than she may have a chance to get something sorted