PM Assures to Deliver 800,000 Doses of Covid-19 Vaccine This Month

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Viruses don't know from borders.

For me I am 99% I had it already back early last year before it exploded (Feb). But as is in the news which can be construed as random speculation (same strain), we can get it again. yeah I agree. Viruses don't need passports to devastate. I am still waiting for J&J. 

Edited by holy cow cm

42 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yep. But not on how few cases there are truly and how little transmission from them jumping on it containing it. For me and my family, it is waiting for the J&J vaccine or we will forever hold. Not going anywhere soon anyway. 

Why do you prefer J and J?

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why do you prefer J and J?

J&J. More predictable. Nice in the range of supposedly effective.. Said can be one shot (dose), but said for optimum would be 2. Anyway, if the FDA say they can say 1, then it is up to you after. It seems this is a very stable clean vaccine with a great rating as far as that goes for 2 category.. Trusted by my standards, I hope. . 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

J&J. More predictable. Nice in the range of supposedly effective.. Said can be one shot (dose), but said for optimum would be 2. Anyway, if the FDA say they can say 1, then it is up to you after. It seems this is a very stable clean vaccine with a great rating as far as that goes for 2 category.. Trusted by my standards, I hope. . 

Based on my reading I think it is highly likely that people will need boosters perhaps annually to deal with variables, etc.

For expats in Thailand that means we should probably consider the future availability of the brand we get or choose in Thailand. 

Another point I've read. Herd immunity is fluid. A country may reach it and then later slip out of it and then achieve it again. 

As many expats here will probably go with the private hospital track where we may have a wide choice of brands I've been thinking it might be good to choose the most popular brand. 

But I have no idea which that will be but I'm guessing Pfizer or Moderna. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Based on my reading I think it is highly likely that people will need boosters perhaps annually to deal with variables, etc.

For expats in Thailand that means we should probably consider the future availability of the brand we get or choose in Thailand. 

Another point I've read. Herd immunity is fluid. A country may reach it and then later slip out of it and then achieve it again. 

As many expats here will probably go with the private hospital track where we may have a wide choice of brands I've been thinking it might be good to choose the most popular brand. 

But I have no idea which that will be but I'm guessing Pfizer or Moderna. 

Yep, some word is any vaccine is 1/2 a year with safety, so says booster for sure. At this point let's wait and see. 

Edited by holy cow cm

20 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He said 300,000 doses would be used to contain the spread of Covid-19 in six provinces, another 300,000 doses would be used to help tourism recover and in border provinces, while 200,000 doses would be delivered to 55 provinces

The master plan.... Jeez.

17 hours ago, Srikcir said:

SB is allegedly on it 5th line production run of AZ, so where are the 1-4 runs being sent? Or just in cold storage?

It allegedly will not let Thai news media see any of its operations or stockpiles, unlike most of the other pharmaceuticals producing covid-19 vaccines.

if it's on the 5th run, why would release in Thailand be delayed until June? Unless AZ will be exported like India is doing?

Can you share any additional info?

Their last public brief mentioned a need for additional equipment, and construction of an add-on facility.

The original presser (form Oct. 2020) mentioned middle of this (2021) year...

Air Chief Marshal Satitpong Sukvimol, Chairman of Siam Bioscience Company Limited, explained that “the company has high tech facilities and capabilities to manufacture biopharmaceuticals including cancer and autoimmune drugs.  The facilities are also capable of producing the potential AZD1222 COVID-19 vaccine from Oxford University and AstraZeneca. With the expected technology transfer from AstraZeneca and following Thai FDA regulatory approval, the company is aiming to have the first batch of vaccines available in the middle of next year.

https://scgnewschannel.com/en/scg-news/ministry-of-public-health-siam-bioscience-scg-and-astrazeneca-join-forces-on-covid-19-vaccine-manufacturing-for-thailand-and-south-east-asia/

Hopefully they'll do better than Emergent BioSolutions Inc.

• Like 2