Thailand reports 96 new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

sdfsafgs.jpeg

Image: Reuters file photo

Thailand reported 96 new COVID-19 infections on Sunday.

Of the new cases, 87 were local transmissions, while 9 were imported from people entering quarantine. 

Most of the new cases were discovered in Bangkok and Samut Sakhon.

A further 106 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery.

1,258 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

Sunday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 29,127 with 95 deaths.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-04

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

They should better start to test thais before they come back to Thailand.

Almost every day, people enter quarantine being infected.

Why, they all go straight into quarantine so what's the problem?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:
5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Secondly they have a right to return to their home country, test or no test. 

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Not to the UK. Even with a British passport you won't be allowed to board the plane without a valid Covid test.

We are discussing Thais returning to their home country on their repatriation flights.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Firstly it is not always possible for them to get tested in the country they are flying from unless they display symptoms. (much the same as Thailand in fact)

Secondly they have a right to return to their home country, test or no test. 

Regarding foreigners coming to Thailand, the country is applying much the same entry rules as just about every other country in the world is right now.

Your first point, thats a problem faced by all nationalities not just Thai's

Second point. Why do Thai's have the right to come back to Thailand without a test first? 

Thats not the case in England, UK citizens and international citizens must all show a covid negative test before returning.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, rabas said:

Testing foreigners is more a courtesy. Quarantine is what prevents the virus entering Thailand.

You mean more of a money maker for someone, or just in making the foreigners jump through hoops compared to Thais.

• Like 2

Just now, RichardColeman said:

If an extra 3 million die of covid the planet will show no real hiccup in the  long run population explosion.

Different story if you are one of the 3 million or one of your parents.

And in a week the Songkran holiday will begin, with many workers in Bangkok returning to their villages as well as many Bangkokians wanting a break at the beach in Pattaya or Hua Hin. The big question is, why is the government so remiss when it comes to Bangkok and travel restrictions? The way this is going, we won't have to wait for the vaccinated foreign tourists to arrive and start spreading the virus at an alarming rate, Songkran will already have done that. Though the foreigners will, no doubt, add some interesting new variations to the virus menu here in Thailand, lol.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, polpott said:

Different story if you are one of the 3 million or one of your parents.

We've all gotta die of something. Stepping outside the door of your house brings risks every day - WHO says there are 1,350,000 road deaths each year in the world. 13,500,000 people dying every 10 years  - yet have we closed the planet for a bad driving pandemic ?

• Thanks 1

We've all gotta die of something. Stepping outside the door of your house brings risks every day - WHO says there are 1,350,000 road deaths each year in the world. 13,500,000 people dying every 10 years  - yet have we closed the planet for a bad driving pandemic ?

I'd rather die later than sooner. Up to you. I'm afraid that you're a major part of the obstacle to controlling the pandemic. Originated in the US. "Me, me me, I ain't got it so why should I care if anyone else gets it." An attitude that isn't conducive to a civilised society.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

You mean Covid has wiped out (killed) more that twice the total global traffic deaths, so far? And left countless millions with permanent or long term damage because it can attack almost every part of the body, unlike other viruses? And new mutant waves continue as cases again rise rapidly in spring time, when they absolutely shouldn't?  Never mind that COVID is now mixing with MERS in Saudi hospitals (reported last week)

Obviously, you should stop driving.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rabas said:

You mean Covid has wiped out (killed) more that twice the total global traffic deaths, so far?

Yes, and nobody doubts covid kills, but deaths on the road will be higher in the future than covid deaths as vaccination roll out - you cannot vaccinate bad driving

9 minutes ago, rabas said:

Obviously, you should stop driving

I don't drive, though still at risk from a nutter

• Like 1

The problem with your argument is that there would never be an end to covid and world lockdowns as covid consistently evolves and creates variants. We get flu shots every year for flu variants. About 608,000 people in the world died of flu last year - we did not shut the planet. It's not a question of me me me, it's a question of reality vs covid, living with it or hiding from it. As for the 'Originated in US' comment, if you're suggesting the covid is US in creation I'd like hard evidence of that accusation

The me, me, me, attitude was born in the US, as my post said and you well know. Rose to prominence due to trump's support and encouragement.

Vast differences between Covid and the flu. No doubt annual boosters will be requiresd to take in to account variants. I doubt that you will take your annual booster though.