Lazada, Sorry, we have detected unusual traffic.

giddyup

6 hours ago, fangless said:

Yes have used it on a number of occasions, in English, with positive results.

Well I had a go using the Lazada chat option , I went through all the problems I am having ( including screen shots ) I then received this email ...

Only time will tell if these annoying issues ever get fixed. ☹️

LazEmail.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 10:26 AM, RayHal said:

This is a screenshot of what happens. The page should have a slider that can be dragged with the mouse. But as you can see there is no slider so now I cannot use Lazada. Their loss not mine.

Screenshot 2021-04-30 102515.jpg

Same for me. Tried to buy something today, cannot get passed my log in and do a search. What a joke this Lazada site is. They don't even have support besides a chat line which I have no time for.

Went to Shopee and straight through, searching was  easy, even payment was easy synced with my banking app so no need to enter any ref numbers.

Bye bye Lazada.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:26 AM, RayHal said:

This is a screenshot of what happens. The page should have a slider that can be dragged with the mouse. But as you can see there is no slider so now I cannot use Lazada. Their loss not mine.

Screenshot 2021-04-30 102515.jpg

Clear your browser cache and all cookies. Turn off ad blcoker.

I've just got a "refund" after the seller closed the order 9 days after the payment, due to "shortage of stock". So starting from today Lazada has officially became a localized version of Aliexpress.

Also it seems that they fired a large part of their support staff because I wasn't able to talk to a real human in chat despite clicking all(?) the possible links the chat robot offered me.

I've sent them an email and will post here the results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

turn VPN off

It makes no difference for me. VPN off, all browser extensions disabled. Maybe I search too fast and that constitutes "unusual activity" similar to someone using a bot?

Yesterday they asked to send a verification code to login. Neither an e-mail (yes, I checked the spam folder) or SMS message arrived.

7 hours ago, fdsa said:

I've just got a "refund" after the seller closed the order 9 days after the payment, due to "shortage of stock". So starting from today Lazada has officially became a localized version of Aliexpress.

Also it seems that they fired a large part of their support staff because I wasn't able to talk to a real human in chat despite clicking all(?) the possible links the chat robot offered me.

I had the same problem yesterday, found it impossible to use the Chat function.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

turn VPN off

Lazada's tracking has nothing to do with VPNs, as I've told already in a similar thread - they use mouse tracking code and if your mouse is not trackable (browser blocks "mousemove" "mouseover" "focus" and similar events) - Lazada shows its slider captcha (which is impossible to slide because mouse tracking functions are blocked).

IMHO the best solution is to stop using that crappy chinese website and switch to another one. I did it already with Aliexpress after sellers began to scam me with

> closed the order 9 days after the payment, due to "shortage of stock"

and now I'm switching from Lazada to Shopee.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, fdsa said:

as I've told already in a similar thread

How about "telling" us in this thread, assuming it will actually make any more sense than it does at present!

Edited by fangless

5 hours ago, fangless said:

How about "telling" us in this thread, assuming it will actually make any more sense than it does at present!

well, I told everything already in my above post ????

if you want more technical information - Lazada shows slider captcha to me when I enable the following userscript:

// ==UserScript==
// @name        Disable mouse tracking 
// @namespace   violentmonkey
// @match       *://*/*
// @run-at       document-start
// @grant       none
// @inject-into content
// @version     0.1.20191212
// @author      -
// @description Stop websites from tracking mouse events
// ==/UserScript==

document.addEventListener('mousemove', function(e) {
        //console.log("[violentmonkey] mousemove suppressed");
        e.cancelBubble = true;
        e.stopPropagation();
        e.stopImmediatePropagation();
        return false; 
});

/*
// this breaks too many websites
document.addEventListener('mouseover', function(e) {
        console.log("[violentmonkey] mouseover suppressed");
        e.cancelBubble = true;
        e.stopPropagation();
        return false; 
});
*/

document.addEventListener('click', function (e) {
  if (e && (e.which == 2 || e.button == 4 )) {
    console.log('[violentmonkey] mouse click suppressed')
    e.cancelBubble = true;
    e.stopPropagation();
    return false;
  }
});

document.addEventListener('focus', function(e) {
        //console.log("[violentmonkey] mouse focus suppressed");
        e.cancelBubble = true;
        e.stopPropagation();
        return false; 
});

//TODO: blur focusin focusout load resize scroll unload click dblclick mousedown mouseup mousemove mouseover mouseout mouseenter mouseleave change select submit error contextmenu

when I disable this userscript Lazada doesn't show me the slider captcha anymore. This leads me to the assumption that Lazada tracks users' mouse movements and clicks and does not like when users do not allow to track their mice.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:03 AM, fdsa said:

update: I've received a discount voucher to my email after 3 days.

unfortunately "This Store credit is available for one time use only" and the sum is relatively large.

Edited by fdsa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 5:55 AM, webfact said:

turn VPN off

I have problems with the slider with VPN on but no problem at all with it off.  Occasionally I get the slider come up when VPN off but a little slide to the right and all is well.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, VocalNeal said:

I found my own work around?

Go to site

Login

Go to my account page

My orders ( all delivered)

...Then start a new search.

Did this three or four times now no more captcha stuff. Just type Lazada into browser and...

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dig this out, but same here, getting that annoying message of unusual trafic from your netork with Lazada.

Many commented here that as it's chinese owned, those crooks want customers to remove all safety and ad blocker features.

No need to say somebody else got my business and not Lazada as i don't like being pressured and blackmailed of the sort.

I strongly believe if you remove your ad blockers, they will obviously start tracking your details for commercial and the usual BS.

Maybe having just a dedicated browser and old thrashy computer just for Lazada may be the solution, with only COD purchase of course and absolutely no credit card details.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, observer90210 said:

Sorry to dig this out, but same here, getting that annoying message of unusual trafic from your netork with Lazada.

Many commented here that as it's chinese owned, those crooks want customers to remove all safety and ad blocker features.

No need to say somebody else got my business and not Lazada as i don't like being pressured and blackmailed of the sort.

I strongly believe if you remove your ad blockers, they will obviously start tracking your details for commercial and the usual BS.

Maybe having just a dedicated browser and old thrashy computer just for Lazada may be the solution, with only COD purchase of course and absolutely no credit card details.

I got the message but when I disconnected my vpn it was fine. Not sure if this helps as I am not too computer savvy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

Not getting those using Google log in option - and no log on issues that way.  But message may be valid as your IP address here in Thailand will often change and when you get a bad one (used for spam) you can actually be blocked by some sites.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I got the message but when I disconnected my vpn it was fine. Not sure if this helps as I am not too computer savvy.

Thanks man. But I don't use VPN (yet!). I think it's just the ad blockers and those f..ers want customers to appel vulnerable in the system to get hold of our data. But thanks anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not getting those using Google log in option - and no log on issues that way.  But message may be valid as your IP address here in Thailand will often change and when you get a bad one (used for spam) you can actually be blocked by some sites.

Thanks, did not know that IP was floating in Thailand and changing. Always thought it remained the same,. Ok I learnt something new today...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Thanks man. But I don't use VPN (yet!). I think it's just the ad blockers and those f..ers want customers to appel vulnerable in the system to get hold of our data. But thanks anyway.

I use adblockers but have no problem in that respect. 😉