Bangkok aims to vaccinate 70% of residents this year

Jonathan Fairfield

19 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Why do they allow pubs and Cafs to operate ?

They dont. Its that simple.

The businesses the poster is talking about have been <deleted>tered for months on end.  

I can only speculate the poster may have some issues with these types of businesses or heir proprietors and is not limited by facts when they use them to make a point. 

If asked to go out and snap a quick shot of one of these allegedly operational shisha bars I expect the posters only resonse would be silence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Bangkok’s City Hall has revealed its goal is to vaccinate 70% of its residents by the end of this year, asking the government to allocate at least 10 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to the capital.

As usual Bangkok looking after itself first, without a thought for the rest of the county ..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Bangkok’s City Hall has revealed its goal is to vaccinate 70% of its residents by the end of this year, asking the government to allocate at least 10 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to the capital.

A shocking statement of inadequacy.

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Not sure what you are talking about, I live on 11 and regularly make forays on my bike out on 3, 5, 11 etc.

There is not a single shisha shop active ,most Arab businesses have shuttered and the arabic area fondly referred to as soi terrorist has been almost completely desrted for months. I pass through it every few days on my way to foodland, soi 5 is almost vacant of the shops that were once there.

And the sneaky soi 11 beer bars have also given up.

Seems an odd segment to call out.

They dont even turn on the lights in the square in the evenings.  

r u one of the owners of those shops?just walked down soi 5,the workers are calling customers to come into their shop.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

What else would you do?.... 

Bangkok holds 15% of Thailands population in a higher population density than anywhere else in the country....

What do you people just like to make up statistics for the fun of it?  Bangkok has a population of 5,200 per square kilometer.  Doesn't even make the list of the top 68 cities of which Hoboken at number 68 has three times the density of Bangkok.

Sheesh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density#Cities_by_population_density

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

They dont. Its that simple.

The businesses the poster is talking about have been <deleted>tered for months on end.  

I can only speculate the poster may have some issues with these types of businesses or heir proprietors and is not limited by facts when they use them to make a point. 

If asked to go out and snap a quick shot of one of these allegedly operational shisha bars I expect the posters only resonse would be silence.

r u one of the owners of those shops?just walked down soi 5,the workers are calling customers to come into their shop

16 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

What do you people just like to make up statistics for the fun of it?  Bangkok has a population of 5,200 per square kilometer.  Doesn't even make the list of the top 68 cities of which Hoboken at number 68 has three times the density of Bangkok.

Sheesh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density#Cities_by_population_density

Jeez, I'm a Jersey boy! Hoboken rules, just a ferry away from NYC. Best skyline views across the Hudson.

I'm a foreigner but I'm registered, if that means having a Thai ID number on my pink card.

I'll believe vaccination when I see it. Honestly, I prefer to pay for a vaccine of my choice, currently Sputnik V or J&J.

Blood clots? Well, life's a gambit, innit?

• Like 1

When has LoS ever achieved any of it's published goals/promises?

Dream on unfortunately it's not going to happen!

Spain was locked down for the best part of 3 month's and was subject to some of the most stringent regulations imposed yet is still to this day experiencing case's.

Welcome to the world of restrictions.

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

As usual Bangkok looking after itself first, without a thought for the rest of the county ..........

In this particular case, there's no valid reason to criticize this. Considering that this is a BMA announcement, not a Thai government announcement, looking after Bangkok is exactly what they are supposed to do.

• Like 2