Thailand’s prime minister asked to reconsider another national lockdown

webfact

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm going to leave you to it, hijacking the tread with a lack of basic facts is unhelpful

Tech65

"Asymptomatics aren't covid 19 sick people, are perfectly healthy people. They have only a presence of microparticles of virus. PCR is also very unreliable, and tests done one after the other give different results.

Covid syntoms are fever, sore throat etc.. That is the moment when you get sick and need Immediate treatment. "

I have been called STUPID for that. 

Can you give the explanation without leaving?

Or I must wait for the other one?

You have no basic fact.

Edited by Tech65
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, clivebaxter said:

This usually means watch conspiracy uploads on You Tube where people are called sheeple and the virus a hoax!

"Asymptomatics aren't covid 19 sick people, are perfectly healthy people. They have only a presence of microparticles of virus. PCR is also very unreliable, and tests done one after the other give different results.

Covid syntoms are fever, sore throat etc.. That is the moment when you get sick and need Immediate treatment. " 

Comment what was written. Please.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Excel said:

Not sure I understand your comment. But if in the last week  I wonder how many Indians have arrived here and it will only need 1 to carry that new mutation. Of course 350,000 per day  is high but there are rather a lot of them but even if you pro-rata that, which is not scientifically sound, it would mean Thailand is looking at a potential of  more than 20,000 + per day. Perhaps that is why the army trucks have now been called in ?

For India, it's impossible to know how many cases per day as the testing is inadequate. Also, the fatalities are surely vastly underreported. We are getting statistics from urban areas with hospitals.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, placnx said:

For India, it's impossible to know how many cases per day as the testing is inadequate. Also, the fatalities are surely vastly underreported. We are getting statistics from urban areas with hospitals.

Truly worrying the state of the virus in India, hospitals crying SOS while their patients die because of lack of oxygen. Not going to happen here but are those in charge not looking at this and feeling just a little scared? It should egg them on to take firm action now.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, placnx said:

If we do not reach herd immunity through vaccination, there will be virus spread. With herd immunity, if a new bad variant comes from India, it will be feasible to use contact tracing to squelch the outbreak.

There is zero chance that Thailand will reach that anytime soon. Next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No it wouldn't stop me at all, my wife here in Phuket has had her first shot, my 93 year old mother in the UK had both shots in the first group, along with other people I know. The chance of dying from a covid vaccine is less far than the chance to die from the virus

I think he was referencing people have died from covid after being vaccinated. Not from the vaccine itself. Not 100% sure that is what was meant, but i think it was.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is zero chance that Thailand will reach that anytime soon. Next year.

I agree that it will be difficult to achieve herd immunity in Thailand this year unless Pfizer & Moderna increase their production a lot and the government orders enough vaccine very soon. I was explaining in principle the way to deal with new variants.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No it wouldn't stop me at all, my wife here in Phuket has had her first shot, my 93 year old mother in the UK had both shots in the first group, along with other people I know. The chance of dying from a covid vaccine is less far than the chance to die from the virus

Here a royal error. 

The probability to die for covid 19 depends on your age.

Don't you know that?

Above 55 - 60 very high

Below 55 very low

below 40 only rare cases related to pre existing pathologies.

(do you want I do the research for you?)

Vaccines casualties: in almost all ages. 

(is it wrong also this?)

• Confused 1

Just now, Tech65 said:

Here a royal error. 

The probability to die for covid 19 depends on your age.

Don't you know that?

Above 55 - 60 very high

Below 55 very low

below 40 only rare cases related to pre existing pathologies.

(do you want I do the research for you?)

Vaccines casualties: in almost all ages. 

(is it wrong also this?)

Please provide the reference to the research article to justify your claims, otherwise it could well be exceptionally misleading and possibly dangerous assumptions could be drawn without factual evidence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Silly?  You are aware of asymptomatic carriers, right?  Seems not....

You are aware of incubation period, right? Seems not....

To say that one is asymptomatic of a deadly virus like Covid is like saying that Pneumonia sufferers won't have any symptoms AFTER the short incubation period.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, madmen said:

I will be vaccined today in home country no lockdowns and life back to normal. I've been waiting for a window to go back to Thailand but even vaccinated why would I an expat or any tourist want to fly into a country with so much chaos. 

No thanks Im happy right were I am for the near future. 

I'm with you on this. I get my 2nd jab May 8. Plus I had a mild case of the virus in late Jan/early Feb and recovered within one week and then tested negative. I also tested positive for the antibodies several weeks later. I live in a semi-rural resort city in Arizona; we've been back to normal for several months, everything is opened up, our case and death counts are way low and staying low.

I was thinking of coming to LOS in the fall this year; not gonna happen. Hopefully things are sorted out by mid-2022.  

I extend my best wishes to all of you enduring the virus in LOS and the consequences...it will get better. Hang in there. - Wingfat

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's silly to have testing when you don't have any symptoms.

The current wave was found because people had fever and cough and breathing difficulties.

I doubt infected people won't have any symptoms after 14 days of incubation, the virus is nasty and won't sit around your body doing nothing like you implied.

I did not imply anything, take 5 minutes and re-read what I posted.

Edited by Ralf001

4 minutes ago, Tech65 said:

That has no reference to the UK, Brazilian or South African variants which are known to have differing characteristics and the latest wave here is considered to have been caused by the variant discovered by the UK. Hence your assumptions and conclusions are false

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

That has no reference to the UK, Brazilian or South African variants which are known to have differing characteristics and the latest wave here is considered to have been caused by the variant discovered by the UK. Hence your assumptions and conclusions are false

You didn't even open it, did you?

We were not talking about variants.

For those, scientists are still scratching their heads.

I was talking about one year data of covid 19.

It is easy for you to find many other similar documents for other countries being a WHO standard.

With the same trends.

You do not want science you want emotions.

2 hours ago, sandhurstmolonski said:

Agreed ..best comment .

It's the only way to approach , lockdowns kill in multiple ways .

And CV19 kills in multiple ways.  So far, millions have died.  I'm guessing that's a bigger number than what you're referring to.

Just now, Tech65 said:

You didn't even open it, did you?

We were not talking about variants.

For those, scientists are still scratching their heads.

I was talking about one year data of covid 19.

It is easy for you to find many other similar documents for other countries being a WHO standard.

With the same trends.

You do not want science you want emotions.

I did actually otherwise I could not possibly have known that your conclusions were false based on the scope of that report. Just because you want to pretend everything is ok due to ignorance of the facts please don't spread misinformation regarding this 3rd wave here.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Excel said:

I did actually otherwise I could not possibly have known that your conclusions were false based on the scope of that report. Just because you want to pretend everything is ok due to ignorance of the facts please don't spread misinformation regarding this 3rd wave here.

My conclusions are not false, because are the conclusions of the report that I just sent to you.

Do not start with the insulting way because you can't read a complex document like that.

Official documents are not spreading  misinformation.

Now you are trying to get a way out indicating the 3rd wave, which is not known to scientists yet. We will know all data about that at the end of this year.

I ask you to stop on that.

Edited by Tech65
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ginner said:

Why didn't these MIDECAL EXPERTS advised him against opening up the exodus over SongKhran? The irony is the new surge in infections is being called the SongKhran spike. Most people i spoke to, Thais and foreigners , were all of the same opinion........get ready for a lot more infections.

Tell me, when they ever get the vaccines in and you go for the jab and you ask them what vaccine are you jabbing me with and they refuse to tell you, will you proceed? This could happen, lets hope not. I am saying this because it happen to my brother and his wife in the USA.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tech65 said:

Asymptomatics aren't covid 19 sick people, are perfectly healthy people. They have only a presence of microparticles of virus. PCR is also very unreliable, and tests done one after the other give different results.

Covid syntoms are fever, sore throat etc.. That is the moment when you get sick and need Immediate treatment.  

I suggest you get a better source for your news.  Spend some time on the better sites (NEJM, CDC, NY Times, BBC, etc).  Avoid social media at ALL costs.  You seem to be a hard covid denier.  Sad.

1 hour ago, Khunangkaro said:

Asymptomatics (False Positives) don't spread a virus. 

I wasn't referring to false positives....

• Like 1