Thailand’s prime minister asked to reconsider another national lockdown

webfact

17 hours ago, placnx said:

Commonly in the US there is a vaccination card from CDC, but it's up to the jurisdiction whether they use it or make something up! CDC apparently maintains a vaccination database for everyone born in the US with lot/batch, but access is limited. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/reporting/

Thank you - whilst not wishing to totally derail the topic, in the UK we have the "NHS App" which is accessible via an App or a browser. Once you optionally sign up and verify your ID (PP or DL) it shows one's medical history, procedures, vacs, meds. A conspiracy theorist's worst nightmare before anyone else says it!???? 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 5:54 AM, colinneil said:

Too late for a lockdown, the virus is everywhere, due to the stupidity of people travelling for songkran, and Prayuts mob for allowing it to happen.

Prayuts mob and all the hi-so's going to the Thong lo girlie-bars to buy a lady to relieve themselves inside of ????

22 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Do you think so?  I thought the trend was downward?

well, maybe they won't CALL it a lockdown........... but they just closed our playground today.

So,  you have to wear a mask at all times,  you can't go out to exercise,  everyone is hiding under their desks.............. 

Maybe thats enough for the time being.   Keep everyone on a yo yo with alternating blah blah  "we have it under control.......  should be opening up on may  july   october    "

My thoughts on this whole matter are similar to my thoughts on most problems in the world.  (no need to go into that   LOL )     

Well anyway,    IMO   the "trend"  is going to have the world on a roller coaster for a long time yet.    I don't even know which conspiracy theory I believe .    But,  there may be one or two that would interest me   ????

Farangs with nice big bank accounts or pensions :   " sure enjoying the peace and quiet"

Farangs seperated from their families and stuck in limbo   "this sucks"

Farangs seperated from their "girlfriendsssss"  :  "this internet sex is getting old,  but I am saving a lot of money " !

Edited by rumak
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, rumak said:

well, maybe they won't CALL it a lockdown........... but they just closed our playground today.

So,  you have to wear a mask at all times,  you can't go out to exercise,  everyone is hiding under their desks.............. 

Maybe thats enough for the time being.   Keep everyone on a yo yo with alternating blah blah  "we have it under control.......  should be opening up on may  july   october    "

My thoughts on this whole matter are similar to my thoughts on most problems in the world.  (no need to go into that   LOL )     

Well anyway,    IMO   the "trend"  is going to have the world on a roller coaster for a long time yet.    I don't even know which conspiracy theory I believe .    But,  there may be one or two that would interest me   ????

Farangs with nice big bank accounts or pensions :   " sure enjoying the peace and quiet"

Farangs seperated from their families and stuck in limbo   "this sucks"

Farangs seperated from their "girlfriendsssss"  :  "this internet sex is getting old,  but I am saving a lot of money " !

I don't know anyone hiding under their desk.  That's a statement made mainly by covid deniers.

Here's the reality in Thailand.  Bangkok is in trouble.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1387268302670491651/photo/1

Number of critically ill patients in Bangkok. First row is showing the the date from 21 April to 27 April. The second row is the number of people in ICU and the third row the number of people on ventilators

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I don't know anyone hiding under their desk.  That's a statement made mainly by covid deniers.

Here's the reality in Thailand.  Bangkok is in trouble.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1387268302670491651/photo/1

Number of critically ill patients in Bangkok. First row is showing the the date from 21 April to 27 April. The second row is the number of people in ICU and the third row the number of people on ventilators

What is meant by a "Covid denier"?  Surely no one denies Covid exists?  I can see how some could be termed "lockdown deniers" as not everyone believes they are effective, or they think they cause more harm than good.  But I'm surprised anyone would deny Covid or deny that there is a global pandemic.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
spelling
  • Like 1

They have to lockdown now without doubt. This would be help to isolate and hopefully eliminate the present strains of the virus which are no where near as dangerous as the Indian Variant.

They need to recognize and start preparing for the Indian Variant which if not controlled straight away will spread though Thailand  with 2 months.

Even the young and healthy are dying so they are vaccinating all those over 18yo.

LOCKDOWN NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

They have to lockdown now without doubt. This would be help to isolate and hopefully eliminate the present strains of the virus which are no where near as dangerous as the Indian Variant.

They need to recognize and start preparing for the Indian Variant which if not controlled straight away will spread though Thailand  with 2 months.

Even the young and healthy are dying so they are vaccinating all those over 18yo.

As something of a (former) lockdown sceptic I have to agree with you, sadly.  

And for ****'s sake get the bloody vaccinations going!!!!!!!

That combination has worked in Israel and here in UK - how terminally stupid can the Thai govt be?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Of course, this damage is not easily measurable or as dramatic as Covid harm

Doctors take an oath to "do no harm"  I am not sure what is being done today follows that principle.

The trouble with the approach that is taken today is exactly as you describe.  Not dramatic.  So you don't get fifty headlines each day about yet another 5 workers at this store that closed, or 10 at this restaurant that can't pay their bills.  Is Covid something to be concerned about - Yes.  However it has become all consuming.  The steps they have taken have yet to be proven to truly have any marked impact on reducing the spread of the virus.  And since we are now on our third wave, even if it had some positive effect, that is lost as soon as those controls are relaxed.  The benefit of those draconian measures is "conjecture" but the impact on the economy, peoples income, loss of home, car, food shortages, etc is a "certainty"  
Did Sweden do it right?  Who knows but based on what I see, their outcome is not materially different to most of Europe yet as you say, the impact on their everyday life has been far less punitive. 

Edited by Thomas J
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

Today I saw this TV post lets all hope it's sufficient enough and enforced to the Max. 

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), headed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, will be asked to impose lockdowns in the six Deep Red zone provinces, where the rates of new infections are not slowing.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:38 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

One thing that must be true about Sweden's approach is that their citizens are unlikely to have suffered the mental, physical, educational and economic damage that people who underwent lockdowns have.  Of course, this damage is not easily measurable or as dramatic as Covid harm.  

Because many are dead. 

Going by the area that I live I dont think there is a need for a national lockdown people really are staying away,

I drove along the beach front in Rawai yesterday around 5 pm and it was dead obviously all the bars were closed but so were most of the restaurants normally on a Sunday this is an area lots of Thai's come to for the seafood markets,

Will this be the end for most of them? the rents are not cheap along the beach front, already 2 Family Marts and 1 7/11 closed 

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You seem to be confusing the virus versus the economy.

LOL 

No you seem to be confusing the fact that the one thing you can honestly state the measures the government has mandated is doing is flattening the economy.  

• Like 1

Virtually every country in the world has been hit by the virus. There is simply no way for a government to avoid either mass infections OR damaged economy, almost no one has pulled off avoiding both. In many cases, botched government responses has led to both mass deaths and a crashed economy. But, if a government makes a choice and prevents mass infections, it's not appropriate to criticize them for flattening the economy.

When it comes to that choice, let me turn it around:  what if the economy is saved, but YOU die from the virus, is that okay with you?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1