Thailand’s prime minister asked to reconsider another national lockdown

webfact

It also said that people do not have equal access to treatment, and some are paying for that with their lives."

Ops, it is new that in Thailand people do not get health care, not only for covid, the very least, but also for all the other pathologies.

Yes true, let's  lockdown everything, then instead of 11 people dead for covid (perhaps covid) there will be thousands dying for suicide, poverty and rubbery.

Last year India has gone through one of the longest lockdown in Asia, they started the vaccination campaign four months ago and you know what now? they are in the middle of the worst mess ever. Much worse  then countries that have done almost nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

With millions around the world now infected with the UK strain

that is like pointing the finger at the UK which is incorrect, the strain was discovered in the UK because they have extensive means to discover such things - arguably the best in the world, did it actually originate in the UK - nobody can say for sure, what we do know is that variants (mutations) are popping up all over the world, lets not for get the fact that the original virus cane out of China ..................................... either accidently or on purpose - the jury is still out on that one, I have my own thoughts 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

You know the wheels are starting to come off when you get burgeoning criticism from the Doctors and medical staff at the pointy end...

Multiple different news reports from medics stating that people are dying and the system is failing, unfortunately I fear things are gonna get much worse

He doesnt give a RATS sitting in his Ivory CASTLE with his CHUMS.

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

If they want to reduce the daily increase of Covid cases just go back to no testing.

It's silly to have testing when you don't have any symptoms.

The current wave was found because people had fever and cough and breathing difficulties.

I doubt infected people won't have any symptoms after 14 days of incubation, the virus is nasty and won't sit around your body doing nothing like you implied.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Gee, I think you missed a few details..

The lockdown actually was effective, so effective in fact that Modi got complacent and allowed local elections (with attendent campaigning sans masks) to go ahead..

Then there is that little matter of allowing the Kumb Mela to take place. That's that Hindu religious festival which occurs every 4 years and attracts millions (yes millions of people in close proximity)....

And as a history buff, it always annoys me when people cherry-pick the starting point in time to suit their agenda..

An analogy would be like looking at a cropped photo while ignoring the complete picture..

Are you saying that lockdowns have proven to work?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

If they want to reduce the daily increase of Covid cases just go back to no testing.

Spot on ,people are trying to convince themselves something has changed , nothing has changed , pointless testing to find "cases " , virtually no one is dieing ,nothing has changed .

Lockdowns don't work ! Make the vaccine the priority , and I certainly agree with part B , you cannot admit every case , impossible .

The rest of life just continues on as it always did , it's nothing new , was always here , plus now allergy season , you will get false positives from a test that was never fit for purpose .

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

it's even sillier to say such a thing

infected people with no symptoms still spread the virus more than those that know they have it

what an idiotic thing to say

Boggles my mind how people can have these thoughts.  I don't get it.

Great reply.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Actually, India had a short but effective lockdown, and then unlocked over a long period of time. 

Ok, agree, then they should have lock the country down for much longer, perhaps forever? have you been in India?

2 minutes ago, Ginner said:

Why didn't these MIDECAL EXPERTS advised him against opening up the exodus over SongKhran? The irony is the new surge in infections is being called the SongKhran spike. Most people i spoke to, Thais and foreigners , were all of the same opinion........get ready for a lot more infections.

To create more infections and then ask to lock the all thing down?

4 minutes ago, Tech65 said:

Ok, agree, then they should have lock the country down for much longer, perhaps forever? have you been in India?

Yes. I have been to India.

you really don’t know how to manage an epidemic after all this time?

But, let’s give you something different to chew on: what would you do differently than the current leadership in Brazil, in order to save lives?

• Thanks 1