Thailand’s prime minister asked to reconsider another national lockdown

webfact

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

One might think that with a "lockdown" they might just shut down incoming disease infested foreigners altogether ... 

How about disease infected THAIS who do not need a neg. test 72 hour before flying in.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blumpie said:

Did anyone read that people are not getting equal access to health care and are dying because of it?  

Not surprising.

No. Why not point us in the direction you read it. Don't keep it to yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Flattening the curve, which is the purpose of a lockdown, slows mutations by reducing the number of mutations. Although time is a factor in emergence of mutations, having zillions of host bodies which are laboratories for mutations is more significant.

As for herd immunity, it should be reached via vaccinations, not naturally. Think of how herd immunity was reached for Polio, not the Black Death.

Extending the duration of a pandemic gives more time for mutations to occur.

the number of hosts is fixed (total population) - it does not really matter when they are infected.  it just might make a difference when the mutation happens.  If there is no vaccination to protect people during the time we are creating, the pandemic will just drag on longer. 

the concept of flattening the curve was to buy time to get the medical facilities upgraded and maybe come up with an effective vaccine.  The first was in our control, the second a hope and dream.. 

Most countries failed on the first part - we have the vaccine, but distribution is a mess in the majority of the world

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

I will be vaccined today in home country no lockdowns and life back to normal. I've been waiting for a window to go back to Thailand but even vaccinated why would I an expat or any tourist want to fly into a country with so much chaos. 

No thanks Im happy right were I am for the near future. 

Well done , jolly good for you , thank you for your comment . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The group also recommends that the government lift the mandate requiring any hospital detecting a new case to admit the patient. It said the order is impractical, resulting in too many people waiting for beds.

This is the nub of the problem...does ANY other country require this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmen said:

I will be vaccined today in home country no lockdowns and life back to normal. I've been waiting for a window to go back to Thailand but even vaccinated why would I an expat or any tourist want to fly into a country with so much chaos. 

No thanks Im happy right were I am for the near future. 

And I'm happy for you. Please stay away as long as possible. 

• Confused 5

18 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

This is an excellent video to watch.  IMHO, a must watch for all in Thailand.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/videos/361749831937398/

This is a good informational video.  The Line App discussed notes that a 13 digit Thai I.D number is required.  Let’s hope there’s a version that allows for foreigners to enter their passport numbers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SwampyThai said:

Somehow I can't see the average Thai, after being told by trained medical staff, to self isolate at home. Day 1, I don't feel ill, Day 2 I don't feel ill, Day 3 I don't feel ill I will go to the market then to a friend's house and play cards for 7 hours.

They can't be bothered to wear a crash helmet for 10 minutes so how the hell are they going to stay 'isolated' at home 24/7? Thailalaland ????????

actually I do not agree with you, from my experience Thais generally conform very well to what they are told to do - especially when it is something that actually makes sense and is reasonable - the latter would apply to most people in most countries although some exceptions do exist - like India for example 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

IF IF they only listened to the experts of TVF!!

i can't take any replies on here too seriously.  lol

Including the governments replies in the papers or media for that matter.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, farang098 said:

This is all just the result of virtually no testing for a long period of time... Now they are reporting a few thousand per day... wonder what the numbers would be if they actually started doing an adequate amount of tests. So far there still seems to be a lot of "If we close our eyes, the problems will dissappear" attitude... 

according to the official numbers, over 50,000 lab tests are performed every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

This is a good informational video.  The Line App discussed notes that a 13 digit Thai I.D number is required.  Let’s hope there’s a version that allows for foreigners to enter their passport numbers!

I think I saw where the Thai national can also add another person.  I'm having my wife take a peek at this now.

• Like 1