Decisions on further "lockdown measures" to be made on Wednesday - Bangkok awaits

webfact

2pm.jpg

Thai media One31 spoke to national Security Council secretary general Natthapon Nakphanich before the meeting of the small committee of the CCSA Covid response committee yesterday.

Gen Natthapon  said they would be discussing a ministry of health proposal to increase quarantine for people from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh to 21 days and views would be taken forward to the CCSA big committee tomorrow.

Asked if more stringent lockdown measures would be introduced in more places like in Nonthaburi the general said he preferred the word "co-operation" to "force" when it came to the powers of provincial governors to impose greater measures.

But he refused to rule out  a version of lockdown when pressed about what might happen in Bangkok in the coming days. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-27

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just make sure that the small committee has been given all relevant information from the even smaller committee who were given the relevant information from the miniscule committee before they go to the big committee tomorrow who will then pass it on to the huge committee for a decision to be made by the giant committee. ????

Beggars the question when the decision is finally made will they all be fully committed to the implementation of the proposals....????

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I can’t see that a lockdown with curfews can be avoided now. 

Measures (masks in cars) are getting silly....   everything closing at 9pm.

Curfew is the inevitable next step. 

Almost every poster on this forum was correct when they commented that there will be an explosion of cases after Songkran. The only surprise is that a full lockdown has not already been instigated. 

I may be simplistic after all I am Canadian BUT why did we not go to the same measures that we did when the first wave hit.  It seemed to work we kept the numbers and death toll low.

Too me that makes the most sense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

All these Generals need to get the heck out of the government and leave it to really educated civilian Thai to manage.

Imagine these guys would have to do their job: fighting a war.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Why on earth would you say Thaskin? Nope.. Try again, but the Junta has taken great lengths to silence them who were very widely popular with the new generation of Thai tired of the ole BS.

Because he was the last civilian Prime Minister with a lot of public support (I discount Yingluck!).  I wonder how he would have handled this crisis.  Obviously now, it would be someone like Thanathorn from FF.  If only!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Because he was the last civilian Prime Minister with a lot of public support (I discount Yingluck!).  I wonder how he would have handled this crisis.  Obviously now, it would be someone like Thanathorn from FF.  If only!

Yep, Thanathorn would have a huge breathe of fresh air.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yep, Thanathorn would have a huge breathe of fresh air.

The establishment were scared of him and frightened he would have had overwhelming support. Those above were frightened that their corrupt and depraved ways of living whistling "raping" the country for their own personal wealth and enjoyment would end.  They were right of course and Thanathorn is lucky he has not had a trip in barrel in the Mekong as others have had. It will happen one day of course, but when ?

• Like 1

Too much money involved that's why the malls are still open but almost anything else must close. Even public parks which is ridiculous.

And if there won't be school holidays anyway, schools would also be closed.

Money talks in Thailand, sad but true....

• Like 1