Not a care for anyone but me, me, me

Not, not corrupted to the hilt.....

Enough nots for yer pal?

PS certainly a yes for short man syndrome ha ha ha

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steve80 said:

I would rather spend a week in Phuket in a cheap hotel with freedom to go out, rather than a week locked up in a overpriced hotel room in Bangkok.

I still have not seen how this is going to work with Flights though, considering nearly all international flights go to Bangkok and being able to connect to a domestic flight to Phuket?

Also considering the UK still has not pulled its finger out and decided on proof of vaccination certificate/passport, what they will require as proof and whether this can actually be obtained from the NHS or UK government.

uk gov has announced they intend to utilize an NHS "APP" to provide some sort of proof of vaccination, subject to other countries accepting it of course

If you obey the rules then there is no problem. It's only if you break the rules that this applies. Solution is don't break the rules, be socially responsible and don't expect special treatment. They can't deport Thai nationals but they can deport you, one irresponsible individual can cause an outbreak that can affect hundreds and they usually continue to break the rules even after they have been warned because they think they are superior. Solution is get rid of irresponsible individuals whenever you can. You are guests in Thailand, if someone was a guest in your home (foreigners) and they put your family in danger you would possibly warn them to stop and more likely kick them out. If members of your family (Thai Nationals) were being irresponsible and put the family in danger you can't kick them out but you discipline them harshly. That is what is happening here consider the people of Thailand as a family and you are a guest in their home

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, RobU said:

If you obey the rules then there is no problem

Why not ask  Colin Neil if he was  obeying the rules when he  suffered  his  horrific  injuries where the rules didn't apply to the perpetrator., the rules are selectively enforced or not  enforced in Thailand due often to incompetence or  unwillingness due to lack of  financial incentives. On top of that there is the "making up rules"  as they go along, rules for one  area but  not in another.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Why not ask  Colin Neil if he was  obeying the rules when he  suffered  his  horrific  injuries where the rules didn't apply to the perpetrator., the rules are selectively enforced or not  enforced in Thailand due often to incompetence or  unwillingness due to lack of  financial incentives. On top of that there is the "making up rules"  as they go along, rules for one  area but  not in another.

Thailand is composed of different regions, each with their own rules. Just the same as the UK  where Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland all have different rules set by the regional governments. Each state in the USA has different rules. Why should Thailand be different?

What's going to happen about people who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons???. 

Anyway as for Phuket a few years from now people will ask where is it and then say Nay don't want to go all that way there. Much nicer places in Thailand and a lot closer to the epic core. 

8 hours ago, connda said:

Imagine the US State Department or UK Foreign Office issuing a statement like this?  Ohhh, the anti-racist outrage we'd hear.  In Thailand?  The Thai public just nods their heads in approval and agreement.

Imagine.  

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. […] They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peter48 said:

A little worrying to see citizens from other nations who come to Tourist Thailand with their money being seen in this manner. 

A little worrying to see people who are permitted to enter Thailand during a pandemic or who live in Thailand as a non-immigrant, upset that they’re being asked to help curb the spread of a deadly disease by following some common sense health rules.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

uk gov has announced they intend to utilize an NHS "APP" to provide some sort of proof of vaccination, subject to other countries accepting it of course

Bday Prang, the app is now available to download and register today. Various details required to confirm identity.

15 hours ago, smedly said:

pointing to foreigners again 

nothing to do with your gross mishandling and lack of testing 

Reading various reports the vast majority of detected spread in Phuket and around the country is by Thai people 

This finger pointing at foreigners one minute then your desperation to open Phuket up to foreign tourists - are you for flicking real

Idiots

This would mean the expulsion of the illegal Burmese that were smuggled into the country with the virus, and sending all the people that travelled from Bangkok throughout the country, during songkran, spreading the virus to attitude adjustment camps along with the leaders that allowed this to happen. 

18 hours ago, smedly said:

pointing to foreigners again 

nothing to do with your gross mishandling and lack of testing 

Reading various reports the vast majority of detected spread in Phuket and around the country is by Thai people 

This finger pointing at foreigners one minute then your desperation to open Phuket up to foreign tourists - are you for flicking real

Idiots

Bash the Dirty Farang again disease carrier.

2 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Bday Prang, the app is now available to download and register today. Various details required to confirm identity.

As far as I know they are going to use the existing NHS app that people use in the UK for appointments etc. (not the covid app) So I would imagine the APP itself is available but I would doubt very much if its been modified for this purpose yet as its only just been mentioned. I imagine first they will have to get everyone who's been jabbed registered/uploaded onto some sort of data base, then I suppose they have to get other countries to accept it. Think they will try to get it up and running for the holiday season if they can 

18 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The meeting was for/with FOREIGN consuls and representatives on the island so of course the Thai officials would remind them to pass along the word to their nationals and other constituents. Did you happen to read that the THAI Prime Minister was fined for not wearing a mask in public? It has nothing to do with targeting any particular group of people...it's to get everyone on the same page. Even after over 20 years, I don't understand the reflexive defensiveness of so many T-V members. If you hate Thailand...leave!

And the same Thai Prime Minister is now the number one man for dealing with covid-19 in Thailand full stop that will be interesting.

6 hours ago, RobU said:

Thailand is composed of different regions, each with their own rules. Just the same as the UK  where Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland all have different rules set by the regional governments. Each state in the USA has different rules. Why should Thailand be different?

Scotland England Wales and Ni are  all different COUNTRIES last time I checked Thailand  was one country.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobU said:

one irresponsible individual can cause an outbreak that can affect hundreds and they usually continue to break the rules even after they have been warned because they think they are superior. Solution is get rid of irresponsible individuals whenever you can

Go and  tell that to the govt ministers then especially the Thonglor hi-so brigade, let me guess Thonglor has different rules to other  districts, they dont think theyr'e  superior they know they are.

18 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

In other breaking news the Russian vaccine that the Thai government has ordered they are not allowing to use it in Brazil due to the fact of lack of data lack of transparency I was a vaccine therefore Brazil will not use the Russian vaccine the Thai government thinks it’s a great deal so why not Get it TIT

Would not be surprised if it was not all politically motivated and with pressures from some country.

Many countries including EU were in talks to buy Sputnik, then once Biden  again picks a fight with Russia, all over sudden all talks fall due to one reason or another.

21 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The meeting was for/with FOREIGN consuls and representatives on the island so of course the Thai officials would remind them to pass along the word to their nationals and other constituents. Did you happen to read that the THAI Prime Minister was fined for not wearing a mask in public? It has nothing to do with targeting any particular group of people...it's to get everyone on the same page. Even after over 20 years, I don't understand the reflexive defensiveness of so many T-V members. If you hate Thailand...leave!

Ah bless..you too believe a flagrantly transparent publicity stunt designed to fool poorly educated,imperceptive Thais into thinking rules apply equally... ????‍♂️ 

But then I guess an  unoriginal'if you don’t like it,leave' mentality is something of a giveaway. Constructive criticism an alien concept,is it ?

19 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

And did ANY of the foreign consuls present have the balls to ask “ when can foreign nationals in Phuket get vaccinated, either at a government hospital, or privately?”

I bet the answer is <deleted> zero. SMH

Because the status boost of being an honorary consul is far more important to them than asking awkward questions which might result in a complaint made against them at their main embassy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RobU said:

If you obey the rules then there is no problem. It's only if you break the rules that this applies. Solution is don't break the rules, be socially responsible and don't expect special treatment. They can't deport Thai nationals but they can deport you, one irresponsible individual can cause an outbreak that can affect hundreds and they usually continue to break the rules even after they have been warned because they think they are superior. Solution is get rid of irresponsible individuals whenever you can. You are guests in Thailand, if someone was a guest in your home (foreigners) and they put your family in danger you would possibly warn them to stop and more likely kick them out. If members of your family (Thai Nationals) were being irresponsible and put the family in danger you can't kick them out but you discipline them harshly. That is what is happening here consider the people of Thailand as a family and you are a guest in their home

That old chestnut.

I'll start acting like a guest when Thai officials start acting like hosts.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Did you see it not paid?

Had it happened, it would have made a great face making exercise and yet more fodder for the "press" and their fluff reporting....... 

Non reporting of something is usually indicative of it not happening 

15 hours ago, kwilco said:

On a world scale, Covid is on the increase, but sadly I've noticed on this and other web sites that foreigners in Thailand seem to have very cavalier attitudes towards Covid, ranging from ignoring mask wearing, not isolating to the fine lunatics of anti-vaxxers.

I would be very concerned about foreigners in Thailand and their "can't happen here" attitude.

Oh dear more BS.. look at the 'cavalier attitude ' of the natives in Thailand.. arrogant to the hilt 

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

That old chestnut.

I'll start acting like a guest when Thai officials start acting like hosts.

That seems rather self-serving.  The fact that you are permitted into the country satisfies the requirement of acting like a host.  

Now you want them to act like good hosts, with “good” being your own personal definition.  Any failure to meet your standards automatically seems to justify any behavior on your part. 

Your logic is severely flawed but I would imagine that is because you don’t want to accept the reality that the proper response if you’re unhappy with your host is to leave. 

Your logic sounds like the type a person might use when they get caught stealing company property and then they say they’re justified in being a thief because the company didn’t give them a promotion they felt they deserved.  

Regardless of your claim, your actions are now criminal.  The company is under no legal obligation to promote you.  Yet you are legally prohibited from stealing.  

5 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Oh dear more BS.. look at the 'cavalier attitude ' of the natives in Thailand.. arrogant to the hilt 

The cavalier attitude of people worldwide, arrogant to the hilt.  

But they can’t deport Thai citizens and they can deport foreigners so they’re doing what they can.  

• Like 1