Thailand reports 1,871 new coronavirus cases, 10 new deaths

webfact

The change in the color-coded map of #Thailand has just been published in the Royal Gazette and is so now law. Bangkok, Chonburi, Chiang Mai, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan are all in the highest control zones from Saturday onwards.

ImageImage
  • Like 1

Comforting real world data news from the US.

Fully vaccinated seniors are 94 percent less likely to be hospitalized with covid-19. CDC’s real-world findings provide reassurance about Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna vaccine effectiveness in the highest-risk age group

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/28/pfizer-moderna-vaccines-effective-protecting-seniors/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Are you sure? Now 3 people dead in Australia just after AZ vaccination? This is from 1 million jabs and they were aged 48, 55 and 71 and yet AZ supposed to be safe for over 50

At that rate if they vaccinated 63 million in Thailand with AZ, they could have 189 deaths, which is sadly more than the current Covid deaths

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/29/australia-two-nsw-men-die-after-receiving-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine

they could have 189 deaths, which is sadly more than the current Covid deaths : not after tomorrow's tally.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Says the guy chancing he won’t get infected by the virus. I can think of some 375,000 Indians who did the same recently.

I've actually had the.....'cv19'.....is it bad? No worse than a bad case of influenza! Is it worth closing the world down? ERMMMMM..........NO.

Don't forget thousands of people die every single day!!! Or are you happy to bury your head in the sand and believe everything you see on social media!!!!

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Don't shoot the messenger, its quoting a study from the UK and gives a link to the actual study, try it yourself, you'll get it.

Great. A link to the UK study would have been the correct link to post, not the highly questionable Fox Propoganda Network.

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Retreat.

According to Rnz news last night, the world vaccine programme is facing huge problems because of the situation in India. 

India who can manufacture Astra vaccine is now looking at keeping the doses for itself. 

India currently has only vaccinated less than 2 percent of its population. 

With Indian infection rates running out of control this makes the world situation to return to some kind of normal untenable as they say if they open up to travel India will more than likely spread the new variants. 

I feel sorry for the people of India, 2 deaths every minute, and that could be double if they recorded deaths outside of hospitals. 

The world and the vaccine roll-out is a mess, and there should be no place for political involvement which is preventing some vaccines from being supplied, Sputnik the main one. 

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Course Changed! Government says private sector has no need to order vaccines

Thailand’s government, through the Thai Chamber of Commerce, said late Wednesday that the private sector and hospital groups have no need to order vaccines on their own as the government would be able to provide for all vaccine needs.

Now, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha appears to be walking back promises made in a public address two weeks ago in which he promised to expedite and allow private hospitals to acquire their own vaccines to supplement the national pool.

The Thai Chamber of Commerce released a statement to private hospitals on Wednesday evening confirming the new direction following meetings it had with the prime minister. The statement, which was shared with the Thai Enquirer, reads as follows.

“The government has informed the Thai Chamber of Commerce that it has sourced enough vaccines to meet the requirement of every citizens, therefore the private sector does not need to buy any additional vaccines.

(more)

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26993/course-changed-government-says-private-sector-has-no-need-to-order-vaccines/

I should add, the Ministry of Public Health just yesterday posted a document online that envisioned the government making its own deals to acquire 5 to 10 million doses each of several imported vaccines, including Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, and Sputnik.

There was an indication from a government spokesman on Thursday that the government intends to use the Pfizer vaccine, assuming it completes an acquisition deal, on school age youngsters from 12 to 18. And that details of the general vaccine rollout plan for non-Thais will be made public "as soon as it is available."

However, no final deals have been announced thus far for any of those other vaccines, beyond the already known Sinovac imports and local AstraZeneca production.

And now today, there was a skinback of the above report by The Thai Enquirer... So either they got their original report wrong, or the government had yet another change of plans:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26993/course-changed-government-says-private-sector-has-no-need-to-order-vaccines/

[Update-1] Government clarifies, says private businesses should not look to import vaccines

Thailand’s government clarified its position on Thursday regarding the importation of vaccines by private entities by saying that hospitals will still be welcomed to find vaccines while private businesses should wait for the government’s program.

With mounting criticism, the government clarified its position on Thursday by saying that the Thai Chamber of Commerce statement applied to only private business looking to vaccinate their staff and not private hospitals looking to purchase vaccines.

The government said that it will continue to expedite and allow private hospitals to acquire their own vaccines to supplement the national pool.

(more)

16 hours ago, CLW said:

I think you probably misread or misunderstood the statement from Thai chamber of commerce. 

What does it have to do with private hospitals?

This is responsibility of the health ministry.

I guess they are referring instead to private companies that would like to source vaccines for their staff. I've seen a few tweets last week that major foreign companies had this in mind as the Thai government vaccination drive is so slow.

In fact, the Thai Enquirer ran a subsequent updated article with the government saying just that -- that the memo remarks were meant only for private companies looking to get vaccines for their employees... and not a bar or ban against private hospitals trying to acquire vaccines on their own.  That said, AFAIK, no private hospital has yet been able to get through the government's bureaucratic hurdles.

See the prior post just above...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tgw said:

the choice of Moderna or Pfizer is about effectiveness.

against blood clots, I will just take blood thinner, will buy it myself if it's not provided.

My mother got the Moderna vaccine, no problems at all with the first shot but the second one made her quite ill for 4-5 days. No vaccine is 100% safe against side effects.

The figures for effectiveness are mainly for the earlier varants. It may change as the virus mutates

Edited by MikeyIdea

3 hours ago, mick01827 said:

I've actually had the.....'cv19'.....is it bad? No worse than a bad case of influenza! Is it worth closing the world down? ERMMMMM..........NO.

Don't forget thousands of people die every single day!!! Or are you happy to bury your head in the sand and believe everything you see on social media!!!!

Really?

What prompted you to be tested if your symptoms were not so bad?

15 hours ago, Pauliewall said:

I'd counter that by pointing to Chile, a country that has the 3rd quickest rollout of vaccines has not that the same effect as the Israel and the UK so it's not an absolute that vaccines have driven down the spread in these countries. Remember that Covid was declining this time of year last year in the Northern Hemisphere as things were moving towards summer. 

I'd  counter  all  of that by saying they are 100%  effective against death, you may well get covid  again and it may well spread  again  but you wont die, from all the reports that   I've read..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pauliewall said:

I'd counter that by pointing to Chile, a country that has the 3rd quickest rollout of vaccines has not that the same effect as the Israel and the UK so it's not an absolute that vaccines have driven down the spread in these countries. Remember that Covid was declining this time of year last year in the Northern Hemisphere as things were moving towards summer. 

Two factors at play here: Chile’s vaccination rate is not as high as the UK and Israel, and they are using the crappy Chinese vaccine. Even so, Chile’s infection rate is declining, even though the country is heading into winter.

• Like 2

-XaRPeId_bigger.jpg

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 151

new cases today and one more death. The total for this month is now 2,416. Most new cases in Bang Lamung (86), Chonburi City (13), and Sriracha (37) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

I'd  counter  all  of that by saying they are 100%  effective against death, you may well get covid  again and it may well spread  again  but you wont die, from all the reports that   I've read..

Not quite, its best to say nearly 100% effective, real world studies give the more accurate picture. They are doing the job as they should be but not 100% perfect.

CDC: Out of 75 million fully vaccinated Americans, 5,800 got COVID-19, and 74 died

https://www.businessinsider.com/infected-after-covid-vaccination-cdc-numbers-breakthrough-infections-2021-4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not quite, its best to say nearly 100% effective, real world studies give the more accurate picture. They are doing the job as they should be but not 100% perfect.

CDC: Out of 75 million fully vaccinated Americans, 5,800 got COVID-19, and 74 died

https://www.businessinsider.com/infected-after-covid-vaccination-cdc-numbers-breakthrough-infections-2021-4

Maybe my math is bad, but these numbers indicate that 1 in a million fully vaccinated individuals have died from Covid-19.

One aspect of this question is if any “vaccinated” individuals were not really vaccinated, ie were victims of fraud. 

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Maybe my math is bad, but these numbers indicate that 1 in a million fully vaccinated individuals have died from Covid-19.

One aspect of this question is if any “vaccinated” individuals were not really vaccinated, ie were victims of fraud. 

I think the CDC would have the vaccine reg number and where it was administered in the US.

Additionally I was unaware there was any fake vaccines going round in the USA as to get vaccinated it needs to be in one of the registered outlets.

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think the CDC would have the vaccine reg number and where it was administered in the US.

Additionally I was unaware there was any fake vaccines going round in the USA as to get vaccinated it needs to be in one of the registered outlets.

A personal note: during my first vaccination, I was intentionally not looking at the nurse and the needle. I noticed the alcohol swab and the bandage being initially applied - and that was it. When I looked at the injection point, it was already covered with a bandage. I never felt the needle, nor were there any after-effects. It is possible, although unlikely, that the nurse saved my shot for some relative or boyfriend, noticing that I wasn’t paying attention. Or maybe her technique was so good that there was no pain from the needle. Or maybe I just missed it.

Anyway, to be sure, I will get another jab later this year, when there is a glut of vaccine. And, my second shot was real,  I felt it when the nurse gave me the jab, so I have 80% coverage, at least.

My point is that there could be more than 1% vaccinations that are fake in some way.

i do have the vaccine numbers on my CDC vaccination record......

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

A personal note: during my first vaccination, I was intentionally not looking at the nurse and the needle. I noticed the alcohol swab and the bandage being initially applied - and that was it. When I looked at the injection point, it was already covered with a bandage. I never felt the needle, nor were there any after-effects. It is possible, although unlikely, that the nurse saved my shot for some relative or boyfriend, noticing that I wasn’t paying attention. Or maybe her technique was so good that there was no pain from the needle. Or maybe I just missed it.

Anyway, to be sure, I will get another jab later this year, when there is a glut of vaccine. And, my second shot was real,  I felt it when the nurse gave me the jab, so I have 80% coverage, at least.

My point is that there could be more than 1% vaccinations that are fake in some way.

i do have the vaccine numbers on my CDC vaccination record......

If we are taking into account the possibility of fake vaccines being unknowingly administered in scientific trials, then we cannot trust any trial in the world without that caveat. 

21 hours ago, Denim said:

Yup , he's the best. A really great guy. We are sooooooooooooo lucky to have him. 

What ever substance you are using time to stop it, its affecting your thinking.????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand faces 'tight situation' for hospital beds, those with many COVID-19 symptoms to get priority - CNA https://channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-thailand-faces-tight-situation-hospital-beds-14714012 #ThaiNewsReports #Thailand

• Thanks 2